• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gems from the old SBF Emigration Threads

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Zealand - Useful Links

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=400>
hdr-migration.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=100><!-- URL's used in the movie--><!-- text used in the movie--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>​
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">
<CENTER><TABLE width=510 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="63%">Migration Issues and Links
We highlight some links which might interest Singaporean migrants. In time, with your contributions, we hope to expand this page to include migrant stories, tips, anecdotes, advice and latest migrant issues.
</TD><TD width="39%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
journey.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">
Journeying in a New World
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ff0000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
linh-red.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">More detailed information on the Skilled Migrant Category can be found on www.immigration.govt.nz
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ff0000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
linh-red.gif
</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>
<CENTER><!-- End of StatCounter Code --><TABLE width=510 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Migration Links <TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="34%"> </TD><TD width="66%">NZ Immigration Service - The New Zealand Immigration Service is the sole agency of the New Zealand Government responsible for immigration and entry to New Zealand.</TD></TR><TR><TD width="34%"> </TD><TD width="66%">Kelston Community Church
We have a large proportion of members from Malaysia and Singapore. If you are a new immigrant from Malaysia or Singapore and would like to meet more fellow immigrants we would like to welcome you to come and join us. Please contact us at:
[email protected]
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="34%">
</TD><TD width="66%">
[URL="http://www.newkiwis.co.nz/"]www.newkiwis.co.nz[/URL] :The Auckland Chamber of Commerce’s New Kiwis programme links the skills of highly qualified migrants to the needs of New Zealand business throughout New Zealand. It is where migrants register their skills, experience and qualifications; then a New Zealand style CV is automatically created and their profile is uploaded onto the web as an active job seeker.
www.cab.org.nz : The Citizens Advise Bureau Citizens Advice Bureau is a voluntary organisation providing free, confidential information and advice to anyone about any query or problem. CAB is staffed by trained volunteers who can access information by computer or from the extensive range of resources held by each bureau.
[URL="http://www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz/"]www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz[/URL] : This useful guide is a must-have for all new to the city and an informative read for locals.
Where to Live in Auckland provides a unique insight into the 50 different neighbourhoods of New Zealand's largest city.
All the most vital information is crammed into its 260 pages; what it costs to buy or rent property, who lives in the area, real estate trends, types of housing and assessments of transport and leisure facilities.

Plus maps of Auckland's 27 secondary school zones, population profiles and invaluable buyers' tips.

Where to Live in Auckland - everything you need to know about today's property market in Auckland.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>​

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
SUMMARY

When I started this thread, my intention was to explore the valuable pieces of advice that Scroobal mentioned were found in the old forum and port it over to the new forum.

The old emigration folder had 57,120 messages.

Thus i thought the amount of work would be huge. However most of the messages are not found. There are only 50 visible threads in that folder at this moment.

Anyone wishing to know about migration to Australia, Canada and New Zealand will find this thread useful.

It contains valuable helpful advice and insights - stuff that you may not find easily on the net.

In my opinion, if migration is your intention, then reading this thread will give you a good insight as to whether you really want to bear the negative issues of migration and if life in another country is suited for you.

There are of course many gems left in the 50 threads. If you like, browse the old forum and consider porting some of the insights given there to this thread so that others will benefit too.

I close my contribution to this thread with this thought from Leongsam:

To each his own.

It all depends upon want you want out of life.

You only have one.

Thank you.

Kakowi

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anybody can provide any information about migrating to Japan? :biggrin:

I remember "killpappy" (from old SBF forum) is in Japan. He runs his own business after bankrupted by the Pinky family. Anyone can access his post on Japan?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
SUMMARY

The old emigration folder had 57,120 messages.

Thus i thought the amount of work would be huge. However most of the messages are not found. There are only 50 visible threads in that folder at this moment.

They're all still there. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on "next 50" and the next lot of threads will appear.