• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

gay phones not selling already, Foxcon sent production line workers off factories

csjcsjcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3752396-apple-foxconn-data-points-to-moderating-iphone-sales-growth

Apple: Foxconn Data Points To Moderating iPhone Sales Growth
Dec. 13, 2015 1:24 PM ET | About: Apple Inc. (AAPL)
Summary

Foxconn's revenue data for November indicates continued sales growth, but at a more moderate rate.

This has caused me to lower the low end of my forecast range for iPhone sales in the December quarter.

I still expect iPhone sales growth to be at least 5% y/y for Apple's fiscal Q1.

Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone supplier Foxconn reported revenue for the month of November of $16.04 billion, just a 0.5% y/y increase. This still puts Apple on pace to beat the difficult iPhone sales comps of last year, but by a smaller margin. Other indicators of iPhone sales, particularly Fiksu market data, continue to point to a strong quarter. iPhone unit sales growth for the quarter appears to be in the range of 5.0-8.7%.

Source: Softpedia
Plateau

I would have preferred to see a little more y/y growth for Foxconn's November revenue, but at least there was no sales decline, as the chart below shows.

(click to enlarge)

And the chart shows that sales momentum is still upward for the all-important December quarter. There's still a lot of uncertainty built into the data since we don't know precisely what the component of Foxconn's non-iPhone revenue is. For purposes of estimating iPhone costs to Apple, I'm still assuming 66% of Foxconn's revenue will be due to the iPhone for the December quarter, as I explained previously.

The problem now is to guess what the month of December holds. For purposes of estimating Foxconn's December quarter revenue, I'm assuming that revenue levels out at $16 billion for December. That puts the total quarterly revenue for Foxconn at $47.63 billion, with revenue due to iPhone at $31.4 billion.

Applying the historical gross margin of 40% yields an estimate of Apple's iPhone revenue of $52.4 billion for a y/y iPhone revenue increase of just 2.4%. However, I'm assuming a lower ASP than last year of $670, which was last quarter's iPhone ASP. This puts unit sales growth at about 5% at 78.2 million.

Deriving quantitative estimates from the Fiksu data is more difficult because Fiksu only can provide percentages, not absolute numbers. My last discussion of the Fiksu data was mostly qualitative. Fiksu's iPhone Usage Monitor continues to be the most useful for observing qualitative trends. Below I show the Usage Monitor with mouse overs to indicate the situation just after iPhone 6s/6s Plus completed first weekend sales on September 28 and the most recent Fiksu data.

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

In general, iPhone 6s/6s Plus has not increased as a percentage of the total population as rapidly as iPhone 6/6 Plus did last year. Partly this is due to the overall population of iPhones increasing y/y and partly this is just due to the fact that iPhone 6 was enormously popular and tapped into a lot of pent up demand for a large screen iPhone.

In order to try to get a more quantitative estimate of iPhone sales, I use estimates of the overall population of active iPhone devices for 9/28/15 of about 540 million (my estimate as of the last article dealing with Fiksu data) and 12/7/15 of about 575 million. I estimate based on the Fiksu data that Apple's iPhone sales were about 60.7 million units through 12/7/15, while about 25.7 million iPhones were taken out of service. Assuming that the Fiksu indicated sales pace is sustained through the end of the quarter, about 81 million iPhones will be sold by the end of the December quarter, for a y/y sales growth of 8.75%.

I regard the Fiksu numbers as a little soft, since they rely on population assumptions that are open to question. This is why I decided to use the Fiksu number as an upper bound to an estimation range for iPhone sales growth.

One conclusion from the Fiksu data that I do have fairly high confidence about is that a high percentage of the combined iPhone 6 and 6s sales are still coming from the iPhone 6 generation. This is shown in the chart below.

(click to enlarge)

The chart doesn't include sales of iPhone 5s, even though the 5s is still being sold. 5s sales appear to be a very small fraction of the total, and I wasn't able to pull out a reliable estimate of 5s sales from the Fiksu data.
Investor Takeaway

KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has estimated that 70-75 million iPhones will be sold for the December quarter. My range is 78-81 million based on looking at the Foxconn and Fiksu data. Obviously, there's a lot of uncertainty in the estimation process.

I'm a little more optimistic than Kuo, based on the data, as well as my assessment of the iPhone 6s itself. Anandtech's review of the iPhone 6s clearly demonstrated that it was the highest performing smartphone currently available. The performance of the A9 system on chip (SOC) in the 6s more than justifies the premium Apple charges. Combined with new features such as 3D touch, the 6s can be expected to continue to support iPhone sales growth.

Just as importantly, Apple is offering discounted but still very popular iPhone 6/6 Plus which features the larger screen and a still very competitive A8 SOC. Based in part on the strong opening weekend reception in China, I expect Apple to be able to exceed last year's 74.47 million iPhone sales for the December quarter. The big question has been, by how much. I'll continue to monitor Foxconn, which should release its December sales figures in advance of Apple's fiscal Q1 2016 earnings report.

Overall, I consider an iPhone unit sales beat by Apple to be a very positive development for Apple which will relieve some of the downward pressure the stock has faced once Apple releases its earnings report in January.

Apple will have other sources of sales growth to show in its December quarter results as well, including Apple Watch, iPad Pro and the new Apple TV. I'll provide an end-of-year wrap up of Apple with expectations for 2016. I remain long Apple and recommend it as a buy.

csjcsjcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tech.sina.com.cn/mobile/n/n/2015-12-25/doc-ifxmykrf2300592.shtml

富士康罕见休假 只因iPhone6s卖不出?

2015年12月25日07:55 中关村在线微博 收藏本文

iPhone6s上市以来,货源充足,不少商家甚至以低于官方价格销售,网友们也称iPhone6s为史上降价最快的苹果手机,同时关于iPhone6s销量不佳的传闻也不绝于耳,那么真实情况又如何呢?
富士康提前休假 只因iPhone6s卖不出? iPhone6s被称为史上降价最快的苹果手机
富士康提前休假 只因iPhone6s卖不出? 微博上爆料富士康员工提前休假(图片来自手机晶片达人)

近日业内人士@手机晶片达人微博爆料称,因为iPhone6s的销量快速下滑,所以春节郑州富士康工厂将提前休假。

在iPhone6s和iPhone6s Plus上市的首个周末,该系列产品的销售总量超过1300万部,虽然打破了去年创造的1000万部的销售纪录。但考虑此次中国首发因素实际销量不如去年

回 想起去年购买iPhone6时困难重重,部分版本即使加价也难以买到,当时由于iPhone6实在太火爆了,郑州富士康春节期间还在加班赶工。相比之下今 年iPhone6s货源充足不说,多数商家报价均低于官方。现在作为苹果的主力代工厂之一的富士康提前放假,意味着什么自然不言而喻。

专注苹果新闻报道,每日推送最新苹果资讯。扫描下方二维码关注苹果汇官方微信(或微信中搜:appleinc2012)。

http://mobile.pconline.com.cn/737/7371620.html

iPhone 6s难卖?郑州富士康或提早放假

2015-12-25 09:11:28 来源:pconline 原创 作者:菠萝油 责任编辑:zengyaoxin

【PConline 资讯】苹果iPhone 6s正式发布的第一周销量就达到了1300万部,打破了去年由iPhone 6创造的1000万部销售记录,但是今年的iPhone 6s有些后劲不足。如今我们可以经常在网上看到iPhone 6s难以卖出去的情况(iPhone 6已结足够强大?),甚至有报告称苹果已经削减了15%的元器件订单。

苹果
图片源于微博

今日网友爆料了目前阶段富士康的生产状况,如2015年富士康郑州工厂过年加班赶工生产iPhone 6,但在2016年春节郑州工厂提早休假,这显然是因为iPhone 6s没有想象中的好卖。

iPhone 6s
苹果iPhone 6s

2015上旬的时候,由于iPhone 6实在太火爆了,郑州富士康工人在春节期间还在加班赶工。郑州富士康是iPhone的主力代工厂之一,提前放假意味着什么?聪明的你肯定懂!看来这次的苹果iPhone 6s没有充分激发消费者购买的欲望,让人更加期待iPhone 7。
相关阅读:

csjcsjcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.mydrivers.com/1/463/463049.htm

iPhone 6S真卖不出去了!富士康为证
2015-12-24 16:50:01 作者:鲲鹏 编辑:鲲鹏 点击可以复制本篇文章的标题和链接

让小伙伴们也看看:
收藏文章

最近一段时间,关于iPhone 6S卖不出去的传闻屡见不鲜,甚至还有分析师表示明年对苹果来说是至关重要的一年,iPhone不成功就成仁。

那么,iPhone 6S的销量真的如传闻中那样不如预期吗?从目前的情况来看是这样的。

业内人士@手机晶片达人今天下午在微博上爆料称,因为iPhone 6S的销量快速下滑,所以春节郑州富士康工厂将提前休假。