• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From Unhappiness to Anti-FT to Anti-PAP to National Crisis

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is becoming more and more worrying. And I hope PAP is seeing this phenomena. Better control it before it gets more and more out of control.

Government policies to bring in more foreigners to supplement the local workforce is right. But what is not right is that it has mismanaged the impact of these polices on the daily lives of Singaporeans: transport, education, cost of living, etc. The ministries are not in sync. Clearly, if MOM decided to bring in more foreigners, then MND/HDB should build more houses, MOT should increase their transport capacity and MOE to get the international schools to increase its intake and MCYS to amplify its integration efforts. These are not coordinated well. Therefore Singaporeans has the right to be unhappy.

On the other hand, the government also has its pains. By being too pro-Singaporeans, it will scare away the foreigners. And the country's economy will head south. Unemployment rate will increase and the PAP will lose votes. But by being too pro-FT, the PAP will eventually lose the confidence of Singaporeans on its ability to govern and protect the interest of Singaporeans. PAP will also lose votes this way. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. It is tough to strike the right balance, and rare to walk that fine line with ease.

I am am a true blue Singaporean and I cherish the current stability of the country. I have worked and lived in some war torn third world countries, and witnessed how people have to bear with high unemployment and crime. I don't feel safe walking along the street in these countries. My friends got robbed at knife point under bright day light. So I am glad that my love ones can live in a safe and stable country. Don't destabilize the country. There is a strong sense of Anti-PAP sentiment at the ground level. And it is growing. New social media is the wind that blows the fire. And the PAP cannot control the forces of nature.

It is possible to be pro-FT and pro-Singaporean at the same time. It will take a lot of energy, coordination among ministries and plenty of calibration. The government should be humble, and work together with Singaporeans to find the right balance. Singaporeans should want to be engaged and be moderate. Some patience will be good. We are all in the same boat. Once the country is unstable, no one wins.

The root cause is the low birth rate among Singaporeans. It is a fact and a serious problem. Having more Singaporeans will reduce our dependency on foreigners. Having babies is a personal choice, but the government can do more to help. It will cost plenty of money no doubt. And I believe Singapore is not as poor as most think it is. I am no expert in country resource allocation, but I think there are some room to improve to making babies and raising children less financially painful for parents.

At the end of the day, I hope the Anti-FT and Anti-PAP situation can be contained. My two cents worth.

Ending my day now and going to hug my kids to sleep.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is becoming more and more worrying. And I hope PAP is seeing this phenomena. Better control it before it gets more and more out of control.

Government policies to bring in more foreigners to supplement the local workforce is right. But what is not right is that it has mismanaged the impact of these polices on the daily lives of Singaporeans: transport, education, cost of living, etc. The ministries are not in sync. Clearly, if MOM decided to bring in more foreigners, then MND/HDB should build more houses, MOT should increase their transport capacity and MOE to get the international schools to increase its intake and MCYS to amplify its integration efforts. These are not coordinated well. Therefore Singaporeans has the right to be unhappy.

On the other hand, the government also has its pains. By being too pro-Singaporeans, it will scare away the foreigners. And the country's economy will head south. Unemployment rate will increase and the PAP will lose votes. But by being too pro-FT, the PAP will eventually lose the confidence of Singaporeans on its ability to govern and protect the interest of Singaporeans. PAP will also lose votes this way. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. It is tough to strike the right balance, and rare to walk that fine line with ease.

I am am a true blue Singaporean and I cherish the current stability of the country. I have worked and lived in some war torn third world countries, and witnessed how people have to bear with high unemployment and crime. I don't feel safe walking along the street in these countries. My friends got robbed at knife point under bright day light. So I am glad that my love ones can live in a safe and stable country. Don't destabilize the country. There is a strong sense of Anti-PAP sentiment at the ground level. And it is growing. New social media is the wind that blows the fire. And the PAP cannot control the forces of nature.

It is possible to be pro-FT and pro-Singaporean at the same time. It will take a lot of energy, coordination among ministries and plenty of calibration. The government should be humble, and work together with Singaporeans to find the right balance. Singaporeans should want to be engaged and be moderate. Some patience will be good. We are all in the same boat. Once the country is unstable, no one wins.

The root cause is the low birth rate among Singaporeans. It is a fact and a serious problem. Having more Singaporeans will reduce our dependency on foreigners. Having babies is a personal choice, but the government can do more to help. It will cost plenty of money no doubt. And I believe Singapore is not as poor as most think it is. I am no expert in country resource allocation, but I think there are some room to improve to making babies and raising children less financially painful for parents.

At the end of the day, I hope the Anti-FT and Anti-PAP situation can be contained. My two cents worth.

read my signature.. you will know why your sinkie life is screwed up...

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I am doing OK. Have a good education, happy family, decent job and many good friends. I have my fair share of issues in life and do not agree with some government policies. But in general, I feel am doing OK.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

still not tired of sucking LKY's dick ah ?