• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

French cycling champion suffers a stroke!!! I wonder what the cause is...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Audrey Cordon-Ragot suffers a stroke ahead of World Championships​

Kirsten Frattini

4 minutes

French Champion Audrey Cordon-Ragot at the Tour de France Femmes

French Champion Audrey Cordon-Ragot at the Tour de France Femmes (Image credit: Getty Images)

Audrey Cordon-Ragot has confirmed that she suffered a stroke a week ahead of her scheduled departure for the 2022 UCI Road World Championships.
The French Champion said that she did not immediately notice the symptoms but an MRI confirmed a stroke last Sunday. She confirmed that she will now rest and undergo an operation to address a heart condition that may have caused the stroke.

"Life always surprises you and this week more than ever I have learned that it is much more important than anything else," Cordon-Ragot wrote in a post on Instagram.

"My non-presence on the upcoming World Championships, which many people have allowed themselves to qualify as whims, fear of losing, disrespect of the French team..., is due to a stroke, which I was victim of, last Sunday.

"Didn't notice right away, I was lucky (yes I say lucky) to be surrounded by medical staff (thank you Gwenaëlle Madouas, Maryline Salvetat and Mathieu Le Strat) who strongly advised me to perform an MRI that surely saved my life.

"Hard to explain how I feel, exhausted, drained, sad, but at the same time so grateful and happy to be home to my people. So my season is over, as you can guess (some will say I'm a crybaby and a sissy, for all these people refrain from commenting!).

"I will see rest and have surgery to address the heart issue that caused my accident.

"Moral of the story is I realized how much I love my family, my life more than anything and I will never let anything or anyone take away the privilege of enjoying them 200%. Thank you to all the people who have asked about me, who have surrounded me: my family, my friends, the federation French Cycling, my team and the care staff of the Hospitalier of the Centre of Brittany.

"To love vigorously is to live vigorously."

Cordon-Ragot has had a remarkable season with her Trek-Segafredo team winning the time trial and road race at the French Championships, the team time trial and road race at PostNord Vårgårda WestSweden and a stage at the Simac Ladies Tour, also supporting her team to numerous victories. She also finished fourth in the time trial at the European Championships where she raced for the French National Team.

saynotomsm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Belgian cyclist Cédric Baekeland died of a heart attack during a training camp in Mallorca, Spain. Baekeland had been on the Mediterranean island since March 12 for the March 26 start of the season in Slypskapelle, Belgium.

The cyclist from the Belgian city of Roeselare, on March 14, suffered a heart attack. He only managed to alert his sleeping roommate before he collapsed. All efforts to resuscitate Baekeland were in vain.

saynotomsm

Alfrescian
Loyal
On March 21, during the Volta a Catalunya cycling race in Catalonia, Italian cyclist Sonny Colbrelli collapsed crossing the finishing line with initial reports suggesting that he suffered a cardiac arrest. He was however resuscitated and diagnosed with one of the known side-effects of the jab, namely “cardiac arrhythmia”.
Colbrelli’s team issued an official statement on March 22: “Our medical team can confirm that Sonny Colbrelli suffered from a cardiac arrest that required defibrillation. The cause is still to be determined, and the Italian rider will undergo further tests tomorrow at the Hospital Universitari de Girona.” The cause was not made public however.