• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food Guide: The best of Canberra

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canberra is a relatively new estate that remains unfamiliar to those not living in the area. While the opening of Canberra Plaza caused some fanfare, it’s not the only place you can hunker down for a good bite. Here are some hidden gems worth checking out if you are in Canberra.

CIvBfVG.png

1. Flying Wok

Yong Li Coffee Station, 105 Canberra Street

Flying Wok is a humble zichar stall that serves up local delights such as chilli crab, curry fish head and hotplate stingray. However, the Halal-certified shop is best known for its Jumbo Mama Wok: Instant noodles tossed in tom yum soup alongside prawns, clams, meatballs and chicken cutlet.

With the generous assortment of meat and seafood in a mouthwatering broth, you can look forward to one gratifying meal. The distinctive dish comes in three sizes ($13 for 1 pax, $22 for 2-3 pax, $49.90 for 8-10 pax) — perfect for both small and large groups.

aYecx6n.png

2. Hong Kong Street Zhen Ji

105 Canberra Street

Looking for a more traditional zichar? Hong Kong Street Zhen Ji is located just next door. Whether you are dining alone or in a big group, the restaurant’s extensive menu will leave you spoilt for choice. Prices start from $5.20 for delectable dishes such as mee goreng and dry fried hor fun.

If you are up for something different, try the Ginger Onion Deer Meat Rice ($8). Zhen Ji’s star item, however, is the Assam Fish Head ($14.80). The sauce is aromatic and flavourful without being too overwhelming, thus allowing one to properly savour the fish's freshness.

A lot more at https://tinyurI.com/x4vfmrk

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
TS talking about area around Canberra MRT station in Sembawang, not the capital city of Arsetralia
Lol! Haha.

When i first saw the title I thought hey Canberra Australia?

Then I saw the picture and was like looks so chinese.

Then I kinda figured out it was somewhere in SG on some road with the word Canberra.

But I couldn't help but post an ambiguous reply. Haha.

There is a Canada Rd in SG too! Wonder if got any restaurants or places to eat along Canada Rd?