• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finding A New Home Where Love Prevails - Look Towards Indonesia.

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this tiny nation, there is a lot of stress, depression and uncertainty in the minds of the citizens
The daily rush to work in trains and buses packed like sardines is one factor.
Low salaries, high costs of food and transportation and other daily expenditure is "driving our people nuts".
Recent train disruptions have caused further mayhem in an already very stressful daily environment.
Trains cannot be trusted and buses driven by "specially-selected China captains" make commuters "cling to their life".
Cars are over-prized and considered a luxury which only the rich and famous can own.
A silly COE paper costs a "bomb".ERP prizes go up and up unlike the Stock Exchange.
This has driven many frustrated Singaporeans out of Singapore.
Surprising it is not only the young but the unemployed retirees too. Many are migrating.
Like so many ASEAN destinations which are cheap, Indonesia is a good example of a perfect retreat.
A brand-new Toyota sedan in Indonesia costs only 180 million rupiah. The exchange rate is $1 Singkie lollar for 7200 rupiahs.
Divide 180,000,000 with 7200 and you will only pay $25000 Sing dollars for that conveyance.
Here the same cost about $105,000/-. Is the one here made of solid copper?????
Unlike here (ERP, exorbitant parking charges), in Indonesia you can use that car for so many years by maintaining it well.
Road taxes are so cheap and so are repairs. Thanks to Singapore's Car Cannibalising policies.
Spares for cars in Indonesia costs peanuts as they are from Singapore.
Indonesians and other neighbouring people are very "grateful and thankful" to Singapore policies.
Unlike here, where petrol only goes up and never down, petrol and diesel (known as benzine and solar, respectively) in Indonesia is prized at a miserable 4500 rupiahs per litre, (about 62 Singapore cents).
In Indonesia, these daily neccessities are heavily subsidised by the government. Even the tycoons enjoy this schemes for in the eyes of the Indonesian government they are all poor like the oridinary people and needs help too. Negara Bantu Rakyat.
A good friend of mine is always in Indonesia spending his time helping the poor people with a group of fellow retirees.
He owns a 2 years old car purchased at only $16000 Sing dollars.
He resides in a bungalow by the sea rented at 12 million rupiah per annum - about $2000/-.
He employs a cook, has a personal butler and driver. Their salaries are so low.
These "empoyees" live within his "palatial bungalow".
He and his fellow retirees have the respects of the Buppati (MP) and Governor as well as the Police Chief and Customs and Immigration people.
All of them has the true respect from the people that even our country leaders do not possess here.
Think about it, especially if you are alone and feel unwanted here. The true love is there.
I am thinking about it too.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this tiny nation, there is a lot of stress, depression and uncertainty in the minds of the citizens....................A good friend of mine is always in Indonesia spending his time helping the poor people with a group of fellow retirees.
He owns a 2 years old car purchased at only $16000 Sing dollars.
He resides in a bungalow by the sea rented at 12 million rupiah per annum - about $2000/-.
He employs a cook, has a personal butler and driver. Their salaries are so low.
These "empoyees" live within his "palatial bungalow".
He and his fellow retirees have the respects of the Buppati (MP) and Governor as well as the Police Chief and Customs and Immigration people.
All of them has the true respect from the people that even our country leaders do not possess here.
Think about it, especially if you are alone and feel unwanted here. The true love is there.
I am thinking about it too.

Bro, I have the same thoughts about the exact things many years ago. For maybe 80% of the people, life is getting tough. And suddenly you find yourself no longer the 'favourite' son, the newcomers are given all the perks and treated to the drumsticks every time chicken is served (old-timers will know what I'm referring to).

Not only do we receive the cold treatment, suddenly we are told to be grateful for what we have in no uncertain ways and that we need these new 'cousins', and that life would be worse without them. How can it be worse than it is now? Jobs are being taken away and it's not only the traditional low-paying menial ones. Our kids have to fight for places in schools, colleges and universities while the new cousins are given free passage, scholarships, and all kind of assistance to help them 'assimilate'. Scouts and headhunters are sent to court potential immigrants in China, India and others, dangling scholarships, subsidized housing, and many forms of assistance, to make our home theirs. We are made to move out of our rooms to make way for the cousins, 'sleep in the living room, you lazy bastard'. Then we're called names, no, animals. Dogs to be exact.

We are threatened to have more kids or else. Being parents themselves, does the elites know how much it really costs to bring a kid up? Or do they really care? When one is up in the ivory towers, the rarefied atmosphere makes one heady and detached and that is what is happening. Helicopter views certainly aren't what it used to be.

Short of the ballot box, is there anything one can do? For the retiree or someone nearing retirement age, that may come a little too late, if it comes at all. You can start by looking at 'cheaper' places to stay. Stretch your hard earned dollar without having to sacrifice the quality. Start doing something for yourself, because the elites sure aren't going to do that.

Friend of mine started this to help newcomers to Cambodia but I think it applies to any other country you're thinking of moving to. www.prudentconcierge.com

Good luck to your hunt.

Last edited:

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only do we receive the cold treatment,
Our kids have to fight for places in schools, colleges and universities while the new cousins are given free passage, scholarships, and all kind of assistance to help them 'assimilate'. Then we're called names, no, animals. Dogs to be exact.
Or do they really care? When one is up in the ivory towers, the rarefied atmosphere makes one heady and detached and that is what is happening. Helicopter views certainly aren't what it used to be.

Short of the ballot box, is there anything one can do?

Good luck to your hunt.

Sir, I emphatise with you for I can feel the hurt in your heart the way you wrote the reply.
I have been on the trail my old buddies have found and we venture into unknown territory via dusty roads, sampans and what not carrying with us cheap powdered milk, old clothings, toys, pencils, erasers, exercise books (donated by kind original Singaporeans) for the benefit of the poorest people and children with runny noses and bloated stomaches.
It is very touching when we see little boys and girls with tattered clothes running to the shore when our boat blows its horns, for these innocent kiddies realise that "saviours from a country known as Singapur" has arrived.
However the saddest thing is that these poor people do NOT know how we are being treated in a nation where we shed our blood and sweat for so many years and now find ourselves unwanted. Like dirt to be exact...
I believe in the philosophy of Retribution. These people who have cast us out and are today living in ivory towers will one day realise that money and power is nothing compared to TRUE INNER PEACE and SELF-SATTISFACTION.
My prayers are with you and all other people like us.

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...Indon come here as maid, kways...u want to go there?

U want to stay in a fortified surroundings, always scared of being firebombed?

U dun remember the 2007 massacre?

there are better places to spend your retirement - go China, at least if you are Chinese, you can blend in.

U go Indon, u get marked.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friend of mine started this to help newcomers to Cambodia but I think it applies to any other country you're thinking of moving to. www.prudentconcierge.com

Good luck to your hunt.

The entire Retirement in Cambodia in under the Others option and encompasses almost everything one needs to know about retiring there. Some parts still WIP though.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indonesia!

Add in the cost of a young (18- 21 years old) beautiful chinese kalimantan VIRGIN bride.....SGD$3000 max dowry cum wedding ceremony and dinner.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cambodia is also a ggreat place to help the poor people. Life there is also good for orang lama.
The web provided by Faidenk is very good. Thanks

Last edited:

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indonesia!

Add in the cost of a young (18- 21 years old) beautiful chinese kalimantan VIRGIN bride.....SGD$3000 max dowry cum wedding ceremony and dinner.

That is for young people like you, Narong Wongwan.
Not possible for people in my age group.
We are all greying and has other priorities.