• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fake photoshopped celebrity hairstylist Jonal Chong has run road

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hairstylist photoshopped himself on celebrity photos
Lianhe Wanbao

pc_600x450.jpg

Jonal Chong photoshopped himself onto this photo with Katherine Heigl, which was later exposed as fake. (Pic / Provided by Jonal Chong)

A photoshop fraudster has gone missing.

48-year-old self-professed "celebrity hairstylist" Jonal Chong was exposed for photoshopping his face onto celebrity photos in January.

He claimed that he had styled the hair of actress Nicole Kidman but the photo was later exposed as a fake.

His salon – Jonal Chong Hair Couture – shut down mysteriously four days ago and he has moved out of his condominium along Orchard Road. He is uncontactable at the moment.

Chen Yu Jin, 38, an administrator, said that she had seen an advertisement for Jonal Chong Hair Couture promoting a hair colour job at $68.

"A salon employee told me that if I signed a $500 package, my haircut would only cost $28, down from the usual $48. And my hair colour job would cost $68, down from $98." She spent $96 on a cut and colour job that day.

Last Saturday, she wanted to make a hair appointment but nobody answered the phone. So she went down to the salon but discovered that it had shut down with a notice pasted on its front door, saying that it had been closed since Friday.

Chong has been accused of not paying his staff their wages.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 19 July 2011.

papaya

I saw the advertisement in Jun and tried their promotion which wasn't cheap after discount anyway. Had a chat with his junior hairdresser and it's quite obvious the business was bleeding with high rent with little customers. The junior had to do 2 customers simultaneously while Jonal the poof was just walking around- maybe he couldn't cut hair. The studio has "pictures" everywhere of himself with celebrities- I'm surprised he's allowed to continue to use those misleading pics to draw customers.

Then they wanted me to open an "account" with them for $800 so I could get 50% off next time. I was hesitant given how bad the place was performing and they reduced it to $500. I continued to say no then guess what, they say I'd still get 50% off next time without opening an "account" with them. I am so not surprised that this poof has decided to disappear with all his customer deposits.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking fraudster Jonal Chong take all the money and run road liao...

fucking fraudster Jonal Chong who photoshopped himself with hollywood celebrities have run road liao after taking all the money paid by customers.....anyway OBIGOOD! to all the goondu customers..oredi know he is a fucking cheat liao still go to his salon for fuck...somemore pay his dunno wat $500 package...now LAN LAN lah!...fucking stupid sinkie forever damn fucking goondu...deserve to be cheated....OBIGOOD!!! :oIo:

Hairstylist photoshopped himself on celebrity photos

Lianhe Wanbao - 2 hrs 58 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

A photoshop fraudster has gone missing.

48-year-old self-professed "celebrity hairstylist" Jonal Chong was exposed for photoshopping his face onto celebrity photos in January.

He claimed that he had styled the hair of actress Nicole Kidman but the photo was later exposed as a fake.

His salon – Jonal Chong Hair Couture – shut down mysteriously four days ago and he has moved out of his condominium along Orchard Road. He is uncontactable at the moment.

Chen Yu Jin, 38, an administrator, said that she had seen an advertisement for Jonal Chong Hair Couture promoting a hair colour job at $68.

"A salon employee told me that if I signed a $500 package, my haircut would only cost $28, down from the usual $48. And my hair colour job would cost $68, down from $98." She spent $96 on a cut and colour job that day.

Last Saturday, she wanted to make a hair appointment but nobody answered the phone. So she went down to the salon but discovered that it had shut down with a notice pasted on its front door, saying that it had been closed since Friday.

Chong has been accused of not paying his staff their wages.

Asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo aiyo, what a waste of money leh. jonal chong the celebrity wannabe. i thought he looked a little weeny bit like Jacky Cheung? next time i see this word jonal, i run far far away, and rather i look for the experts for my precious hair. time to go for my re-bonding, and coloring. mine are experts lah.

Asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Fucking fraudster Jonal Chong take all the money and run road liao...

you mean "Thrust" Anabel Chong? she is my guru actually, i am learning alot from this legendary Singaporean, who prove to asians that, they can receive 100s of dicks in 24 hours time...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you can't beat them, join them.
This guy must have seen all these FT's with fake degrees been given first class treatment by the MIW that he decided to go with the flow.
Hopefully the govt can spend some money to integrate such talent into society-like what LHL is asking PA to do for these fellas from India.

A

Akechi Mitsuhide

Huh?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

A

Admiral Piett

Jul 20, 2011

'Celebrity hairstylist' loses salon after owing rent

By Jermyn Chow

ST_IMAGES_JCJONAL20.jpg

Mr Chong had lied about being the hairstylist of celebrities such as Nicole Kidman. -- PHOTO: JONAL CHONG

THE hairstylist who was exposed earlier this year for lying that he had styled A-list actress Nicole Kidman's hair has apparently run into financial problems.

Mr Jonal Chong's salon in Orchard Central mall is no longer in business and the space has been repossessed by the landlord.

Evening daily Lianhe Wanbao said the 48-year-old has vacated his rented condominium unit in Orchard Road. Attempts by The Straits Times to contact him were unsuccessful.

Mr Chong is the managing director of the salon called Jonah Choong Hair Couture, which opened in 2009. According to a notice posted on the shutters of the shop, it was repossessed last Friday.

The Straits Times understands that he owes the landlord - Far East Organization - up to five months' worth of rent. Far East would not reveal how much it was owed, saying it was 'a private and confidential matter'.

Mr Kelvin Ling, chief operating officer of Far East's retail business group, said: 'We value our relationship with our tenants. As standard business practice, we do alert tenants when rentals are in arrears and engage closely with them to work out an amicable solution.'

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not running away: hairstylist Jonal Chong
By Kai Fong | SingaporeScene

blog_nicolekidman2.jpg

Jonal Chong, who had earlier lied about having styled Nicole Kidman’s hair, says he has no money for refunds.

The hairstylist who came under fire earlier this year for having lied about styling Hollywood A-list actress Nicole Kidman's hair has come out to reassure customers that he will not be pulling a vanishing act.

This is despite his financial woes, a locked up salon and a reputation in tatters.

Jonal Chong
, 48, who owes more than a thousand customers packages worth between S$100 and S$1,000 each, is staying put — and even plans to make a comeback by reopening his shop, reported Straits Times.

"Right now, I can take my barang barang(things) personally to my client's house and provide hair-cutting services," the disgraced stylist said on Tuesday. "That's all I can do. Don't ask me for a refund as I don't have the money, but I'm definitely not running away."

According to the Consumers Association of Singapore, there have been 22 complaints and inquiries about him, up from nine last week.

Chong's troubles began earlier this January after media reports exposed him for his lies and photo editing tricks. Besides his claim about Kidman, the managing director of Jonal Chong Hair Couture had also admitted to lying about American actress Katherine Heigl and British actor Hugh Grant being his clients.

Chong's 1,900 sq ft salon, opened in 2009, was repossessed by its landlord two weeks ago due to rental arrears.
"Regarding Nicole Kidman, I already said I was sorry so I hope people can move on," he said. "But the branding of the shop was tarnished and that affected my customers, which also made it difficult for me to survive," he added, burying his head in his hands.

Adding to the troubled stylist's stress are the salon's high operating costs — a monthly rental of S$32,000 to Far East Organization and another S$30,000 that goes to miscellaneous costs and the salaries of his staff of 10.
Chong also had to move out of his rented apartment in Cairnhill Residences two weeks ago, due to financial difficulties.

"This was the same day I came to work and discovered my salon shut with all my equipment inside, a changed lock and a notice on the grille," he lamented.

The stylist has since been approaching friends, acquaintances and even strangers to stir up their interest in becoming shareholders of his salon.

"All my friends have run away because they are afraid I'll ask them for money," he said, adding that he has lost more than six kilos since the saga.

Chong did not give a deadline for when his shop would reopen, but said he was trying his best.
While negotiations with Far East Organization are ongoing, Chong hopes to regain his customers' trust first.

"Take pity on me and forgive me," he said.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you can't beat them, join them.
This guy must have seen all these FT's with fake degrees been given first class treatment by the MIW that he decided to go with the flow.
Hopefully the govt can spend some money to integrate such talent into society-like what LHL is asking PA to do for these fellas from India.

1585497003500.png

lee hsien loong | edmw animated gif

Emoji Laugh GIF - Emoji Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Valium

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I Photoshop myself next to a trimmed cheebye and call myself the pubic stylist of Zoe Tay? I trimmed and colored her carpet.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

you mean "Thrust" Anabel Chong? she is my guru actually, i am learning alot from this legendary Singaporean, who prove to asians that, they can receive 100s of dicks in 24 hours time...
I could have finished her off just by myself.