• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fair and Just Society : Han Hui Hui at Hong Lim

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make sure you off your handphone. Should be an eye-opener for you, this being your first visit.

I am sure I will be awed. My main reason for going is to understand the process and to lend some moral support for our fellow forummer.

Hey, who knows, one day I may have to be there representing myself!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure I will be awed. My main reason for going is to understand the process and to lend some moral support for our fellow forummer.

Hey, who knows, one day I may have to be there representing myself!

Reason why I reminded you to turn off the phone is because the court mata mata super overzealous when phone rings in courtroom. Touch wood, you won't be there as an active participant.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. I know two lawyers who are involved. State pays for their services. Some of these lawyers are genuinely keen to take your case while others will take these cases because they have no case to work on. Some will want a high profile case to boost their profile. Not sure about you but in my dealings with lawyers in the past when I was in the SPF, hard to find a lawyer who is honest!

My lawyer is one that if he's not happy , even you pay him millions he wouldn't accept your case. I just witness it this time I'm back. He rejected a china woman who graduate from Harvard but now a Singapore citizen.

For those cases that is in the sub court, they can go to legal aid or law society if they do not have the financial resources but high court will be lasco. My this lawyer just received an award for his such service from the CJ last year for his contribution to lasco.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shanmugam, Davinder etc ...............

Shanmugam was a good one during his time as lawyer.

In Singapore lawyers are different like those in HK. In HK when a lawyer commits to you that nothing will happen to you, he/she can really do it but not in Singapore.

Of course fees in HK is way higher than Singapore. SG has one of the lowest lawyer fees compare to other nations in Asia. Even Thailand fees is way higher than Sg

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. I know two lawyers who are involved. State pays for their services. Some of these lawyers are genuinely keen to take your case while others will take these cases because they have no case to work on. Some will want a high profile case to boost their profile. Not sure about you but in my dealings with lawyers in the past when I was in the SPF, hard to find a lawyer who is honest!
I always wonder why this is so....look at the at the number of scams and crimes involving lawyers taking client's money and run....strangely those who know the law well are less ethical than normal pple...why is that so?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always wonder why this is so....look at the at the number of scams and crimes involving lawyers taking client's money and run....strangely those who know the law well are less ethical than normal pple...why is that so?

Complacency and/or desperado.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is the meaning of this term "lasco"?

This is told by my lawyer. Lasco (pardon me if i spell wrongly) is similar to Legal Aid but Legal Aid is for sub-court only n Lasco is meant for high court.

Example : A drug trafficker is being charged to the high court for trafficking, he has no mean to employ a lawyer to defend his death sentence and govt will help him to appoint a lawyer from Lasco n represent him.

Lawyers from Lasco has their own law firms as well but just serving on voluntarily basis. Maybe a murder case or drug case they can charge easily a 6 figure amount to a individual but under Lasco, all this lawyers are only paid about 30%-40% of the market price only.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lawyers from Lasco has their own law firms as well but just serving on voluntarily basis. Maybe a murder case or drug case they can charge easily a 6 figure amount to a individual but under Lasco, all this lawyers are only paid about 30%-40% of the market price only.

Not sure if it is 30-40%. More like 10-20%. These lawyers are asking for more.