• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facts You did not know about CPF

jw5

Loyal
One fact that nobody outside this forum knows about my (?) CPF is that it will all be donated to soil (not night soil lol) research, provided that the researchers dedicate their entire lives to this cause. :p

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Facts You did not know about CPF
hahaha....you claimed to know so much about cpf that other pple do not know....how cum you were not invited/volunteer to speak at the HLP event on 7 June???
talk so much here for fxxk for what???
you are just another ball-less empty vessel who only know how to make wild allegations hiding behind the keyboard....
you and scroobal and hold hands and pcc each other.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about investments. I fell for the CPF investment scam. In this scam they allowed people to invest their CPF in selected unit trusts.

Very strange that these "selected" unit trusts are losing money. On top of that I have to pay DBS a management fees each month:mad:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
for cpf to work,the principal sum must not be touched for any purposes.
the sum will build your compound interest in the next 30 years.

btw,i was at hawker just now.
overheard 1 uncle telling another few uncles.
--------------------
:i tell you,you people dont anyhow believed what the rumors say about cpf.
last year my mother pass away,the balance medisave of $1k plus,gov give back everything without delay.
who say they hold your $$ back
-----------------
uncle in his fifths.
can see he is typically por lum par style waiting for handout
i might be wrong
stupid.him.who is interested in his $1k plus

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
for cpf to work,the principal sum must not be touched for any purposes.
the sum will build your compound interest in the next 30 years.

btw,i was at hawker just now.
overheard 1 uncle telling another few uncles.
--------------------
:i tell you,you people dont anyhow believed what the rumors say about cpf.
last year my mother pass away,the balance medisave of $1k plus,gov give back everything without delay.
who say they hold your $$ back
-----------------
uncle in his fifths.
can see he is typically por lum par style waiting for handout
i might be wrong
stupid.him.who is interested in his $1k plus

That is exactly right.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha....you claimed to know so much about cpf that other pple do not know....how cum you were not invited/volunteer to speak at the HLP event on 7 June???
talk so much here for fxxk for what???
you are just another ball-less empty vessel who only know how to make wild allegations hiding behind the keyboard....
you and scroobal and hold hands and pcc each other.

I am glad to see you here. when u are on the forum, it means u are typing and not raping your mother's asshole. Give the old girl a break, ok?

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad to see you here. when u are on the forum, it means u are typing and not raping your mother's asshole. Give the old girl a break, ok?

you are a pervert of the worst kind
how can you influence anyone here
with your perverted version of the cpf
which you know nuts

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
all forms of investments have risk
dont blame the cpf for your own greed
and stupidity
i lost nothing
in fact i gained everything the cpf gave me
i am eternally grateful

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Papsmearer,

Can you confirm about this CPF in corporate bond thing? Where can I find information about this?

Goh Meng Seng

6) CPF holds a total of $491 million in corporate bonds (yes, corporate, not the Singapore govt. bonds), some of which are AA rated, some are A rated, and $218 million are not rated!!. In fact, CPF acknowledges in its financial statements that these corporate bonds are riskier, and this is a much different story than what some PAP MPs have the told the public of a risk free investments.

Other than investments in special issues of Singapore Government securities, the CPF is also exposed to credit risk that arises from investments in cash, fixed deposits and debt securities. Financial loss may materialise should the issuer default on the securities.

In the prior year, CPF only invested $36 million in unrated bonds. I find it very strange that a trustee of the public money would invest in an unrated corporate bond. I would say that maybe junk bonds are not rated?

7) An astounding $750 million worth of debt securities are in non Singapore currency, hence exposing the CPF to a currency risk and loss in light of the strengthened Singapore dollar. As well, $127 million are in equity securities investments that are in non Singapore dollars. This totals $877 million in foreign currency risk, most of which is in USD.

8) Key management received $5.7 million in salary.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are investments that CPF makes directly to support their various insurance funds such as Home Protection and Medishield Insurance etc. I think there 4 separate insurance funds and the money to invest comes from the premiums collected and not from the members contribution.

These investments are directly managed by CPF and can be placed in equities and corporate debt instruments inside and outside Singapore. Nothing to do with Members OA, RA and Medisave.

Dear Papsmearer,

Can you confirm about this CPF in corporate bond thing? Where can I find information about this?

Goh Meng Seng

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
These are investments that CPF makes directly to support their various insurance funds such as Home Protection and Medishield Insurance etc. I think there 4 separate insurance funds and the money to invest comes from the premiums collected and not from the members contribution.

These investments are directly managed by CPF and can be placed in equities and corporate debt instruments inside and outside Singapore. Nothing to do with Members OA, RA and Medisave.

Yes, that is accurate, nevertheless they are funds under admin by CPF, but does not answer the question of why these bonds that they invested in are not rated at all. Most such trustee agencies have legislated requirements to put the money in investment grade bonds, not unrated bonds. Also, these bonds denominated in mostly USD exposed the CPF to forex risk too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear Papsmearer,

Goh Meng Seng

Go to CPF homepage
Go to "About us"
Click on annual reports
go to 2012 annual report
go to financial statements
go to page 32
Look at 2012, below stat board bonds of $447 million, there is a corporate bond entry totaling $491 million. Of this $491 million, $163 million is AA rated, $110 million is A rated, and $218 million is unrated.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro are u stupid or what?can u use ur brain and think or not?

if every year there is a net inflow of 24.7 billion and net outflow of 11.7 billion,that means there is a net surplus of 13 billion going into the CPF every year.remember this is all contributions from working adults plus withdrawals from those of legal retirement age(all the old people) and also other purposes IN THE CURRENT YEAR....

that means in ten years time there is a net positive of 13 billion times 10 years which is 130 billion of funds,plus lets say GIC is making 6% a year ROI do u know how much money is that?204 billion in TEN YEARS.

IF THEY MAINTAIN THE CURRENT SITUATION FOR ANOTHER 28 YEARS,IN LESS THAN 28 YEARS CPF WILL HAVE A TOTAL POSITIVE BALANCE OF MORE THAN ONE TRILLION.

OMGWTFBBQ.

CPF WILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY ALASKA AND 1/16th OF AMERICA.

[video=youtube;JU9TouRnO84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9TouRnO84[/video]

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thank you Scroobal and PAPsmearer for the clarifications. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Go to CPF homepage
Go to "About us"
Click on annual reports
go to 2012 annual report
go to financial statements
go to page 32
Look at 2012, below stat board bonds of $447 million, there is a corporate bond entry totaling $491 million. Of this $491 million, $163 million is AA rated, $110 million is A rated, and $218 million is unrated.