• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

F & N- Another little known Temasick and Whore Jinx Fuck up

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Temasek bought about 15% of F & N in 2006 for $900 million.

Temasek to Take 14.9% Ownership Of Fraser & Neave
By Kevin Lim
Updated Dec. 11, 2006 12:01 a.m. ET

SINGAPORE -- Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd. will invest S$900 million (US$582 million) in Fraser & Neave Ltd. to help the Singapore conglomerate expand its food and beverage business.

F&N, whose businesses also include property development and printing, Friday said it will issue 205.5 million new shares to Temasek at S$4.38 apiece. Singapore's state-owned investment company will own 14.9% of F&N following the placement.

In 2010, Temasek thought they had a good deal when they sold this 15% stake in F & N to japan's Kirin Beer for $1.3 billion, thus making $400 million over 4 years. I don't know what is all these lies that Old Fart used to say, namely that investments were for the long term, and all that crap. Is 4 years long term to hold on to F & N. Hardly.

Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings will sell its entire 14.7 percent stake in beer and property conglomerate Fraser & Neave (FRNM.SI) to Japan's Kirin Holdings (2503.T) for S$1.3 billion ($950 million), company officials said on Monday.

"When Kirin approached us with an acceptable offer over a week ago, we decided, on balance, that it was a good opportunity for F&N to work with an established food and beverage company with complementary strengths," David Heng, Temasek managing director for investments, said in a statement. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar and Kevin Lim)

I guess Whore Jinx and the Temasek crew were still patting themselves on the back on the "killing" they made selling F & N to Kirin, when they were taught a lesson by a really smarter and more business savvy company like Kirin. Because just over 2 years later, Kirin turn around and sold the 15% they bought from Temasek to Thai Billionaire Charoen for $2 billion!! This means Kirin Beer made $700 million in just over 2 years that it owned the Temasek stake, much more then the $400 million that Temasek earned over 4 years . If Temasek did not sell it in 2010 and sold it in early 2013 to the Thai Billionaire, they would have earned $1.1 billion, 2.75 times more!! Once again, this proves that you cannot put your own family members in to run these businesses, because they are no good. Its easy to say that its onyl hindsight that we can see all this. My assertion is that you are paid the tens of millions $ a year in salary and bonus precisely to see this and not suffer the lost profit that you did. There is no way on earth that Temasek could have taken their $1.3 billon from Kirin and made $700 million from that in just over 2 years. Fuck Lee Kuan Yew and his spawn.

(February 1, 2013, 1:18 PM ET) -- Japanese brewer Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. said Friday that it would sell its 15 percent stake in Fraser & Neave Ltd. for SG$2 billion ($1.6 billion) after a Thai billionaire inked a deal for the Singaporean conglomerate earlier this month, besting a rival offer Kirin had supported.
By tendering its shares in favor of the SG$13.2 billion offer made by Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi's TCC Assets Ltd., Kirin — best known for its namesake beer — will rake in a profit of 47 billion yen ($510 million). It did not sketch out plans for the proceeds.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am gambling with other people's money with no accountability or intention to return the money, I would double the amount at every loss.

If I lost 10 consecutive rounds, but win just 1 round, I will blow my trumpet until it burst.

In any case, win or loose, I be paying myself millions from the people's fund.

Accountability? What's that again?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am gambling with other people's money with no accountability or intention to return the money, I would double the amount at every loss.

If I lost 10 consecutive rounds, but win just 1 round, I will blow my trumpet until it burst.

Sure way for the FAMILEE to get FILTY RICH.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
invest 900m to help expand the conglomerate then 4 years later sell it to a competitor?wow talk about business ethics and accountability here.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When Kirin approached them to sell their shares, it should have been a tip off to them that Kirin got some other ideas in their minds. Turns out they were playing Temasick all along. I bet they entered into talks with the Charoen not long after they bought the 15% shares.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"When Kirin approached us with an acceptable offer over a week ago, we decided, on balance, that it was a good opportunity for F&N to work with an established food and beverage company with complementary strengths," David Heng,

no no you did not just sold us out to the enemy,this is just a group exercise,a little friendly exercise,a student exchange where we can learn from each other,thank you PAP for caring for our welfare and concern for our wellbeing.PAP da best!!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What is the value of buying F&N for two billion? Can make back the money?

Who care whether the Thai guy can make back the money or not. The point is why couldn't the taxpayers of singapore be the recipient of this $2 billion instead of Kirin?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
not only no worry and limitless $$$ to play with ,
scums also gained secretly.

:(:(:(
the company lost 10 rounds but covertly your private companies
hiding in some off shore island were making tons with each of the 10 rounds.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
not only no worry and limitless $$$ to play with ,
scums also gained secretly.

:(:(:(
the company lost 10 rounds but covertly your private companies
hiding in some off shore island were making tons with each of the 10 rounds.

It's just like traders who does churning.
They only interested in the quantity of transactions so they can get their cut.
Win or lose never mind anyway it's not their $.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It's just like traders who does churning.
They only interested in the quantity of transactions so they can get their cut.
Win or lose never mind anyway it's not their $.

Sounds about right. Even NOLwas not a long term holdfor them. I wonderhow muchkickback those temasek fucks get every time they churn

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is not the best part & the 70% fail to even understand the 'implication'....the best part is, there is unlimited gambling stake for every living, breathing soul, on every second of each & every day, the 'gambling chips' gets refilled ( SINGAPOREANS); for every second someone is working for a salary & contributing to CPF. Even the contributor passes on....the 'chips' gets filled too...it is gambling in perceptually...

The other best part is....those involved gets rewarded handsomely & there is no accountability for failure....for there are so many layers of buffer to deflect the blame....who do you think, CHC learn their accounting tactics from??? ha ha ha

It is us...who every second of our life..contribute to a 'love gift' ( CPF)...for them...:mad:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is not the best part & the 70% fail to even understand the 'implication'....the best part is, there is unlimited gambling stake for every living, breathing soul, on every second of each & every day, the 'gambling chips' gets refilled ( SINGAPOREANS); for every second someone is working for a salary & contributing to CPF. Even the contributor passes on....the 'chips' gets filled too...it is gambling in perceptually...

The other best part is....those involved gets rewarded handsomely & there is no accountability for failure....for there are so many layers of buffer to deflect the blame....who do you think, CHC learn their accounting tactics from??? ha ha ha

It is us...who every second of our life..contribute to a 'love gift' ( CPF)...for them...:mad:

u can roughly guess how big is the gambling debt now,theres 300 billion dollars of funds in cpf now which means gov owes us 300 billion dollars,but its a love gift so most likely u will never see the 300 billion returned in this lifetime or the next.

as for the sinkies whos cleaning up dishes and washing toilets in ur pioneer years please keep up the good work,the country has 300 billion dollars in the cpf coffers but we cant help you cause ho jinx needs the money for gambling.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u can roughly guess how big is the gambling debt now,theres 300 billion dollars of funds in cpf now which means gov owes us 300 billion dollars,but its a love gift so most likely u will never see the 300 billion returned in this lifetime or the next.

as for the sinkies whos cleaning up dishes and washing toilets in ur pioneer years please keep up the good work,the country has 300 billion dollars in the cpf coffers but we cant help you cause ho jinx needs the money for gambling.

The song they sing, sang & in still singing is....yOUR MONEY is for looonnnngggg term investment....that is you 'freely give'...but it is NOT FREE TO RECEIVE.....so this lifetime, you will see some of it of course...a 'little drip'...but the rest is yOUR MONEY.....

The country now is going around like a dog chasing its tail....you grumble they do not employ locals, you grumble that older folks are not employ...now you grumble that, older folks are being exploited to work till they are dead...

So...who is to be blamed for this frenzied tail chasing?.....the 70%.:rolleyes:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds about right. Even NOLwas not a long term holdfor them. I wonderhow muchkickback those temasek fucks get every time they churn

Don't know how these fookers are paid, but remember reading somewhere that the individual investment managers in TH were paid upon getting approval and buying the target based on their plan? From all these losses, It seems they are not responsible nor accountable thereafter.

If that is correct, the sole responsibility of due diligence and end result lies in the management who gave the approval as after all, these managers (aka salesmen/women) gets paid when they execute the trade only. And all these fat cats from TOP to bottom are highly well paid. After all, it is an unlimited river of cheap funds anyway.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don't know how these fookers are paid, but remember reading somewhere that the individual investment managers in TH were paid upon getting approval and buying the target based on their plan? From all these losses, It seems they are not responsible nor accountable thereafter.

If that is correct, the sole responsibility of due diligence and end result lies in the management who gave the approval as after all, these managers (aka salesmen/women) gets paid when they execute the trade only. And all these fat cats from TOP to bottom are highly well paid. After all, it is an unlimited river of cheap funds anyway.

If you want some insight into how things are done in Temasek, may I suggest the following US Embassy classified telegram, leaked out in Wikileaks. It speaks about the 2009 termination of Temasek's new CEO Chip Goodyear.

“Local analysts confirmed to Embassy local press reports suggesting Goodyear left Temasek after his proposed changes to senior management did not go down well with the Board. Also, Goodyear’s reputedly hard questioning of existing investment decisions and plans earned him some rancor among the Temasek investment team, few of whom are reportedly sad to see him depart. Another local economist suggested to Emboff a slightly more sinister reason: that Madam Ho had continued to micro-manage Temasek despite her planned departure, interfering with Goodyear’s transition to the top spot.” – Telegram dated 22 July 2009

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The govt has no intention what so ever to pay back the $300 billion in CPF or whatever that amount is. That is why they have all sorts of devices in place to deplete the CPF to as low as possible so that they pay as little as possible when the recipient qualifies. hence, you have all sorts of devices like minimum sum, Medisave and Medishield, the allowing of CPF to be used for the down payment and monthly payment of HDB loans for overpriced flats sold at a huge profit, etc. At the end of the day, I doubt if they pay 10% of what they are supposed to.