• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exotic Pets

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ironically, I believe in the wildlife trade. Look at our society... Our pets are dogs and cats. The meat we eat is beef, mutton, pork and chicken. There is no variety in our lives and we lead a very staid plain boring existence. When was the last time the average person visited the zoo?

i think having people own exotic pets is a wonderful conversation starter and it helps open up people to the wider and wilder world out there. That life is just not about getting that car and condo...

Thanks drifter for all the pics... I am sure you made money from this trade but at the same time, without genuine affection for animals (in this case, reptiles), I don't think you would have stayed on so long in this business.

you are welcome ...bro . i started keeping snakes when i was 13 years old , during that time i knew nuts about $ in the exotic pets industry ....20years ago i started to know more about the trade ( one of my friend introduce me to anson wong in malaysia , cause my love for exotic animals grow day by day ...i wanted not just any exotics pets but those really rare ones ) .Anson ,really open up my view on those animals ...hes my mentor . after NS i decided to work for him ...with no salary for 3years ( just a roof over my head and food ) just to gain more knowledge of different type of animals under his wings . he taught me a lot of trade secrets on breeding , how to export animals on " legal " paper work ....ect . without him , i will still stuck in singapore staying in HDB ...ect . cause i dont really love to go school ...without paper qualification in singapore , im just a nobody . lucky , my love for animals push me through alot of hardwork which i find it enjoyable . then the chances came when i met my wife who is a japanese ...and i move over to japan with her to start my animals business .

bro, i hated those so-called animals shelter that has been using public funds to con ppl . i know tons of those ppl who actucally trade animals behind their backyard ...

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Years ago, when I came across the wildlife trade, I was fascinated and went down to see incoming animals at West Coast. There were birds and animals that I have never seen in a book, on a TV show or anywhere else. Even till today haven't them in any public media let alone a zoo.

Interestingly I found that the traders and the collectors are avid animal lovers. Some were natural at it. I am told that Anson Wong has an unbelievable encyclopedic knowledge of animals.

There are also the seedy side to it. Collecting them and their eggs and driving them to extinction or removing them from their natural habitat is a major issue. I am sure people have no issue if breeding to increase the gene pool is done. This requires authorities working with like like minded people rather than just going on blanket banning or blindly following NGOs who have no clue what is going on.

If the countries and authorities set aside special land for breeding exotic wildlife, issue licences to those who show a love of animals and able to carry out breeding to reasonable standards I am sure things will be a lot better.

Many govts like Singapore are fed up with the US in particular where you are allowed to keep a dinosaur in your backyard as there little or no laws restricting it but make a song and dance of fighting wildlife traders as thought it's god's work. Its the demand that drives the trade. Its the same with their own drug addicts where taking drugs begins in high school.

bro..check this website to know more about hypocritical exotic and wild animal sanctuaries . http://www.rexano.org/Animal_Rights.htm

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/trQ1q4bZk14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g_dHPQ98px8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ozvmuurgYpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KVS067Tr-W0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r7fBTEYjZg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dc3YodS39uM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mw7jSEOqTcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6eLhDFwO_Dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LDFYZW4F5kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Al-Jazeera report on Johor Zoo 'untrue' ....again ..those fuckin animal's rights ppl trying to be funny ...knn

"The Johor Zoo management has dismissed as untrue a report by the Al-Jazeera English cable news channel that its animals were up for sale.

Johor Zoo manager Zakaria Rosli said there was no truth in the report which had also been posted on the YouTube, titled "Wildlife for sale at Malaysia zoos" recently.

The zoo is the only one in Malaysia run under the administration of the state government.

An Al-Jazeera journalist and a cameraman were said to have entered the zoo on March 13.

They made their way to the exotic animals private exhibition centre within the zoo compound through its back door.

The centre's worker Mohd Yusof Salee said the journalist made her way into the exhibition centre about 10am.

"We were closed on that day, but she claimed that they were heading for Kuala Lumpur and did not want to miss the chance to see the animals.

"So, we allowed them in after paying the RM1 entry fee."

Yusof said as the only person at the centre who could speak English was a Bangladeshi worker, Abdul Rahim Abdul Matin, who is in charge of pony rides.

The reporter and cameraman was referred to Rahim.

"The journalist repeatedly asked whether she could buy a few of the 10 protected species in the enclosures, but was told that she could not as this was against the law. She was told that the animals were not for sale."

"Rahim, however, did tell her that if he was not wrong, RM300 was the estimated sum required to obtain a permit to keep a monkey as a pet.

"He was not referring to the wild cat and white gibbon in our enclosures as shown in the Al-Jazeera's footage."

"That part where Rahim said RM300 was the estimated cost for the permit, however, was not shown in the footage."

"The footage was edited in such a manner that it did not show and tell the correct story," said Yusof when met at the zoo.

Zakaria, meanwhile, said the private centre was leased out to a private exhibitor since 2006.

"He (the exhibitor) is in charge of the snakes. At the back of the centre, there are about 10 protected species like the civet, birds, slow morris, gibbons, squirrels and monkeys.

"The animals in his closures belong to the Johor Zoo.

"They are housed in the cages and the exhibitor has been using them with the permission of the zoo management for educational exhibitions in schools."

Also shown in the Al-Jazeera footage was a privately-run zoo in Saleng, Kulai.

According to the report, the Malaysian Wildlife and National Parks Department (Perhilitan) had, on numerous occasions, raided the zoo and seized several protected species kept without permits.

The department's enforcement director Saharudin Anan said the proprietor's house was raided following the report and several protected animals were seized.

Saharudin said there were 10 wildlife-related charges pending against the man."

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro drifter, thanks for all the pics and videos. I am attaching a nice photo of a python and a kangaroo... Nice photo and even more impressive strength from the snake.

cowsnake.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro drifter, thanks for all the pics and videos. I am attaching a nice photo of a python and a kangaroo... Nice photo and even more impressive strength from the snake.

cowsnake.jpg

you are welcome bro...i cant veiw the photo ...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No pics bro. Maybe you need to copy to your PC and upload to a Host and then download here.

papfuckoff

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes bro..i make a living out of them ....when i die , i will set up a fund for buliding shelters for them ...i own everythings to them .

You love herps. That is very clear. I believe your love extend to their wild brethen and the sadly diminishing habitat that they came from

That you make money from them is incidental. I believe even if you make money from real estate or other sources, you will set up fund
and shelters for them.

The biggest cause of loss of numbers in wild be they feathered, furred or scaled is the destruction of their habitat.
Saying wild animals be left in the wild never ever ask which part of the wild still remain pristine and intact and not in conflict with humans living there.
Total ban on wild caughts is a blunt weapon and in many cases, that cure is worse than the curse.

I do believe a rational sustained taking in of wild creatures within biological limits for breeding by breeders and collectors is the best way for the people living in those places to preserve the wild, to give them an economic incentive to do so.

Last edited: