• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excel calculate NSmen lost $334,200 bec of 2 yrs NS services

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Did you serve NS? else shut up .. At least those who pro or against DID it..

Where is your quote by LKY about singapore has no beggars? disappear.?

Of course I did.. .a full two and a half years plus all my reservist liabilities without a single deferment.

NS is a great experience and benefits everyone. It doesn't hinder ones career advancement at all. In fact, it provides fantastic networking opportunities for those who are ambitious and enterprising.

For a list of LKY's famous and profound quotes, look up wikipedia. They're all there.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way the calucation is done is similar to something Minister Tharman did during this year's budget debate. Using the same methodology, he showed that the PAP government was givng more than $400k to lower income households. Hence if you are going to argue that this calculation is rubbish, then you would be saying that Minister Tharman's calcuation was similarly flawed.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I did.. .a full two and a half years plus all my reservist liabilities without a single deferment.

NS is a great experience and benefits everyone. It doesn't hinder ones career advancement at all. In fact, it provides fantastic networking opportunities for those who are ambitious and enterprising.

For a list of LKY's famous and profound quotes, look up wikipedia. They're all there.

Hah ! Agreed NS isn't that bad when it is over. I curse and swear while serving it !!! Looking back it is quite an experience. Reservist duty more enjoyable for those who want an official break away from work but to other who run own business with limited staff, it can be painful.

Now to the question "So if gahment pay back $334,200 to NS men, will sinkie be happy then? "

I would be quite happy to accept as I have written off those lost years but please not in my cpf !!! Prefer to hold cold hard CASH. Putting in cpf is getting a bit like giving hell note...don't know got chance to spend or not.:biggrin: