• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-ISD Director and himself

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have read his articles over the years in his blog called recalcitrant. Believe me it like watching paint dry. Except for the fact that he likes to state that he is an ex-ISD director and revealed his name, no information let alone useful information ever surfaces.

Fair enough he is entitled to his opinions and his views but these tend to be general in nature and highly superficial. The only differentiator amongst those who expresses their views in the anti-establishment space is that he style of writing is still stuck in the WWII era. Even the turn of phrase and choice of words can't be that bombastic for that era. Reminds me of a SAP scholar who always uses the Thesaurus or should I say misuses it and became a bit of a joke at MINDEF.

Interestingly I sense that he does not know the meaning of recalcitrant.

I am well aware that it was during his time that detention was a major issue and there is no doubt that he is tainted with the regime but the Official Secrets Act does not mean that he can't even speak his mind on the subjects except for generalisation on safe topics laden with words that had not seen light of day.

We get more information from SBF chaps from from all walks of life over the years than this guy. Apparently he is sick and frail yet he still wants to walk the line. I won't be surprised that religion got to him and he is trying to cleanse his past.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The man is as honest as a junkie who swears he will kick the habit the next day but will kill, steal and beg just for one more hit

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have read his articles over the years in his blog called recalcitrant. Believe me it like watching paint dry.

sounds like a recalcitrant to me alright, he's guilty of producing non-sequitur over and over again, isn't he?

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What do you expect from these people who had enjoy the good times?
People like TCB, TKL, TJS and the like, they portray themselves as someone who is fighting the establishment and will do good for the citizens.
But what had they really offered. What insights have they provide?

Even OTC, whom many says had challenge the govt. Did he? I don't think so! He chickened out and was denied a 2nd term in the end.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you expect from these people who had enjoy the good times?
People like TCB, TKL, TJS and the like, they portray themselves as someone who is fighting the establishment and will do good for the citizens.
But what had they really offered. What insights have they provide?

Even OTC, whom many says had challenge the govt. Did he? I don't think so! He chickened out and was denied a 2nd term in the end.

are you expecting to see a martyr?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure that his blog is merely intended to while away his time in retirement and to just keep his mind sharp. He must be on the old pension scheme, drawing a generous monthly pension plus the hospitalization benefits that come with it. I can't see why he would want to jeopardize all that. He knows where the line is and he won't cross it.

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Playing mahjong would do much better than writing in keeping his mind sharp.

I am sure that his blog is merely intended to while away his time in retirement and to just keep his mind sharp. He must be on the old pension scheme, drawing a generous monthly pension plus the hospitalization benefits that come with it. I can't see why he would want to jeopardize all that. He knows where the line is and he won't cross it.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Playing mahjong would do much better than writing in keeping his mind sharp.

It is just simply a reminder to people out there that he is alive and kicking. TKL is doing the same. TCB also. They don't want to be forgotten. It is just a way to be seen and heard until their last days.

On the other hand, just look at Goh Keng Swee and Toh Chin Chye. For years we did not hear anything about them until their deaths were announced. So, the impression is that they did not make a contribution to public discourse in the many years preceding their demise. That is the inescapable conclusion, though the history books may not write it up that way.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I only read one or two posts and gave up.

Not that he does not make a valuable contribution. But as you said it lack depth, substance, persuasion, insight, and force of character.

Yawning Bread and Lucky Tan are much better.

I have read his articles over the years in his blog called recalcitrant. Believe me it like watching paint dry. Except for the fact that he likes to state that he is an ex-ISD director and revealed his name, no information let alone useful information ever surfaces.

********SNIP******

I am well aware that it was during his time that detention was a major issue and there is no doubt that he is tainted with the regime but the Official Secrets Act does not mean that he can't even speak his mind on the subjects except for generalisation on safe topics laden with words that had not seen light of day.

We get more information from SBF chaps from from all walks of life over the years than this guy. Apparently he is sick and frail yet he still wants to walk the line. I won't be surprised that religion got to him and he is trying to cleanse his past.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky will make a great kaki. Wherever he goes, lots of porlumpars tag along smiling to each other.

thought this recalcitrant guy is you. anyway got to know one widow whose late husband was a director from isd. i think what she told me is more than the blog! lol!!!