• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Everyone Closing Shop in Singapore?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any other website to buy and send direct to Singapore ?

Yes there are plenty of online stores willing to serve Sporean customers. Have tested others but I use herb regularly.

Nothing beats www.iherb.com in terms of pricing & service because they drop ship to Spore. They also have special arrangements with SingPost to deliver to addresses in Spore. You can also track all shipments online.

They will also deliver within 1 week while other companies may take from 2 weeks to 60 days.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Furosemide is the generic name & it was what my expensive cardiologist in Spore provided me.
In JB they sell the genuine product by Sanofi Aventis for cheaper.

Actually Lasix is one of the cheaper drugs that is prescribed for weak hearts. It is also given to racing horses:smile:. In JB it only costs a few cents a pill.

It is a diuretic which helps the body get rid of excessive water build up. Pharmacies in LOS also refer to it as the water pill. A doctor will also prescribe potassium with Lasix because Lasix will contribute to a loss of potassium when you relieve yourself.

The really expensive products are the patented drugs like plavix. It is also dangerous, it gave me nose bleeds:(

we are being held hostage by the MOH regulations here that favour the drug companies & the medical doctors....the prices you pay gives you nose bleed & may send you to the undertaker quicker too.

I ran out of Metformin once, forgot to top up....so I headed to my family doctor...I told the girl there I just need 2 strips of Metformin of 10 tabs each, but I do not need see the doctor..he already have my medical records & he was the one who prescribed them to me....but I have not bought from or saw the doctor for a long while, for I have my "other" supplier.... She went in, got the medicines signed & told me....$30 for 2 strips of Metformin of 10 tablets each strip....that come to S$1.50 per tablet....I buy the same thing, same manufacturer....for few sen in Malaysia...I told her, never mind....about buying the medicine.

Now....don't you get nose bleed? or one head closer to the undertaker....that is not all....my doctor charges me, 1 tablet of something I don't want to mention for S$45 I buy the same thing for RM35.00....that means I can buy 4 tablets & those times I needed them, I would buy 4 , just I case I need suddenly need to take them....that is not all....1 tube of antiseptic cream, I pay from my doctor S$28 from the pharmacy $25 & over "there"...no need to guess much, I can buy 2 tubes & keep as stock....

We are being "had" over here in the name of "protecting" you....in which the PAP government is famous for....make you pay until you get nose bleed & head for the undertaker...in the name of LOOKING AFTER YOU....that is why I say, stinktothecore 60 or 0% are DAFT.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say Msia govt is very good! Medication at one third price I bought for my friend. Cost Rm30 in JB, more than SGD 30 in spore according to her.

we are being held hostage by the MOH regulations here that favour the drug companies & the medical doctors....the prices you pay gives you nose bleed & may send you to the undertaker quicker too.

I ran out of Metformin once, forgot to top up....so I headed to my family doctor...I told the girl there I just need 2 strips of Metformin of 10 tabs each, but I do not need see the doctor..he already have my medical records & he was the one who prescribed them to me....but I have not bought from or saw the doctor for a long while, for I have my "other" supplier.... She went in, got the medicines signed & told me....$30 for 2 strips of Metformin of 10 tablets each strip....that come to S$1.50 per tablet....I buy the same thing, same manufacturer....for few sen in Malaysia...I told her, never mind....about buying the medicine.

Now....don't you get nose bleed? or one head closer to the undertaker....that is not all....my doctor charges me, 1 tablet of something I don't want to mention for S$45 I buy the same thing for RM35.00....that means I can buy 4 tablets & those times I needed them, I would buy 4 , just I case I need suddenly need to take them....that is not all....1 tube of antiseptic cream, I pay from my doctor S$28 from the pharmacy $25 & over "there"...no need to guess much, I can buy 2 tubes & keep as stock....

We are being "had" over here in the name of "protecting" you....in which the PAP government is famous for....make you pay until you get nose bleed & head for the undertaker...in the name of LOOKING AFTER YOU....that is why I say, stinktothecore 60 or 0% are DAFT.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple la. Sg is simply too fucking expensive.
Most can't afford those who can see no value for their money so go for better deals elsewhere

I think the problem is with transportation. Now that mrt is always breaking down and very crowded plus not cheap fare, and with new and trendy suburban malls or even old ones that are being upgraded all the time; people with families and no car just stick to visiting malls that are nearby their home. Suburban malls are very crowded! All the shops and restaurants are crowded in the recent mother's day weekend. All restaurants have long queues and doing a roaring business. Even the less popular Thai and Vietnamese food restaurants.

jw5

Loyal
I think the problem is with transportation. Now that mrt is always breaking down and very crowded plus not cheap fare, and with new and trendy suburban malls or even old ones that are being upgraded all the time; people with families and no car just stick to visiting malls that are nearby their home. Suburban malls are very crowded! All the shops and restaurants are crowded in the recent mother's day weekend. All restaurants have long queues and doing a roaring business. Even the less popular Thai and Vietnamese food restaurants.

I don't think the main problem is transportation. Most of the eateries and malls in Orchard road are still crowded. The main problem is that there are too many malls, too many retail shops selling the same things and some in not so good locations that most passersby will miss. The rent being asked by the rent-seeking mall owners alone is killing these retailers. :wink:

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the main problem is transportation. Most of the eateries and malls in Orchard road are still crowded. The main problem is that there are too many malls, too many retail shops selling the same things and some in not so good locations that most passersby will miss. The rent being asked by the rent-seeking mall owners alone is killing these retailers. :wink:

Who are these rent-seeking owners? Why do they have the carte blanche for such absurd rent?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

After I saw the number of shopping centres and department stores in Nagoya with such scale of 8, 9, 10 or more floors and with North, south, east, west wings, I think there are not too many malls in Spore. Lol.

You are right about similar shops and I think the problem is they can be found both in suburban mall and orchard road malls like uniqlo . So there are less or no reason to travel to orchard road for families where transport costs add up and is a hassle. Unless it's to go to unique and big department stores like takashimaya with sale and other attractions.

Hence the crowds are there but not well distributed across the island. Most crowds remaining in suburban malls. With some crowd going to orchard road but not enough for the number of malls there. Whereas some housing estate with only one suburban mall become too crowded.

About the orchard road rent, according to the article in this thread is not really the high rent but lack of traffic that is the killer of business:

"Both businesses had not lasted past a year. Was it the high rent? Not really, said Ms Lee. To her it was more to do with the traffic. “The rent is not expensive but business is not buzzing, we have to depend on regulars,” she said."

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
About the orchard road rent, according to the article in this thread is not really the high rent but lack of traffic that is the killer of business:

"Both businesses had not lasted past a year. Was it the high rent? Not really, said Ms Lee. To her it was more to do with the traffic. “The rent is not expensive but business is not buzzing, we have to depend on regulars,” she said."

In some of the malls, the eateries are still crowded but if you look at the shops, most of them have more salespeople than customers. :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In some of the malls, the eateries are still crowded but if you look at the shops, most of them have more salespeople than customers. :wink:

Seriously I haven't been to orchard road for long time as all the shops i visit can be found in suburban malls nowadays. And the new suburban malls are so nice there's no particular attraction to visit orchard road. Especially when I remember long stretch of orchard road very crowded on Sundays with foreign worker maids.

jw5

Loyal
Seriously I haven't been to orchard road for long time as all the shops i visit can be found in suburban malls nowadays. And the new suburban malls are so nice there's no particular attraction to visit orchard road. Especially when I remember long stretch of orchard road very crowded on Sundays with foreign worker maids.

You should visit once in a while to check out the water flow from the taps. :biggrin: