• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: How to buy a house in East Ledang

Dear Friends,
I checked with my lawyer regarding the compensation for phase 2, according to my lawyer(HHLong)there won't be any compensation for late delivery of unit as Bank has not fork out any money yet n installment has not yet started therefore UEM will not compensate us $$$$. In this case ...How to 'HUAT'???
Please kindly check with your lawyer (if u have a different lawyer) would like to know what is their comment on this.
Many thanks

My bank did release a RM174,500 for my semi-d in phase 2 once. They stopped releasing any amount after that one time.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Ribbon,

I suggest you check with UEM land, rather than the lawyers. Better yet, go through the SNP agreement as this clause is quite clear and standard. The delay compensation clause is not subject to whether the installments starts or not. Here is what mine reads:

22. TIME FOR DELIVERY OF VACANT POSSESSION

(1) Vacant possession of the said building shall be delivered to the Purchaser in the manner stipulated in clause 23 within 24 calendar months from the date of the agreement.

(2) If the Vendor fails to deliver the vacant possession of the said Building in the manner stipulated in clause 23 within the time stipulated in subclause 1, the vendor shall be liable to pay the purchaser liquidated damages calculated from day to day at the rate of 10 percent per annum of the purchase price from the expiry date of the delivery of vacant possession in subclause (1) until the date the purchaser takes vacant possession of the said building. Such liquidated damages shall be paid by the vendor to the purchaser immediately upon the date the purchaser takes vacant possession of the said building.

My SNP agreement is for a different phase, but I believe they are standard. I read through the document in detail and there is no clause that prevents the developer to pay the above liquidated damages if the installments does not start. And by the way, these damages are not just meant to cover your interest loss, but also social implication of not having your house, etc.

Long story short, I don't see how the compensation will not be paid - unless the developer goes bankrupt of course.

Cheers,
IR

Thanks IR. If they refuse to pay, we can gather more owners from here and combine forces =D

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi guys,

Good news, UEM's executives already had a meeting about the late delivery interest payment to buyers of Phase 2.
On the day we collect our keys, they will show us a calculation of the total amount payable to us.

We must make sure that the amount is correct based on the total number of days late and sign on the document.
After that, sit back, relax and wait for the fat cheque from UEM =)

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Earliest buyers of phase 2 are going to get a very fat cheque from UEM. Congratulation!

Say for a bungalow buyer who bought at RM2 mil.
10% interest per year = RM16,666 per month.
Say 8 months of late delivery interest, he'll get RM16,666 x 8 = RM133,328.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Np bro... I dun think I have such luck as I only signed snp in dec 2010. However, I m already v happy with wat I have, at least I got a foot in... Early investors deserve the windfall since they took the risk... Well done :-)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Np bro... I dun think I have such luck as I only signed snp in dec 2010. However, I m already v happy with wat I have, at least I got a foot in... Early investors deserve the windfall since they took the risk... Well done :-)

I wonder whether UEM had increase the price when you bought in Dec.
Do you mind sharing the price you paid and which type of unit?

Mine is Semi-d type C bought in Aug 2010 and the price was RM1,162,888 including;
1) 7 air-cons for the whole house
2) RM30k Signature Kitchen voucher
3) "Legal fee and Stamp duty for S&P" plus "Stamp duty on MOT" absorbed (must pay loan legal fee)
4) Free maintenance fees for 18 months (RM350 per month)

Last edited:

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mine is Semi-d type C bought in Aug 2010 and the price was RM1,162,888 including;
3) "Legal fee and Stamp duty for S&P" plus "Stamp duty on MOT" absorbed (must pay loan legal fee)

Investor, PMed you...

ribbon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys,

Good news, UEM's executives already had a meeting about the late delivery interest payment to buyers of Phase 2.
On the day we collect our keys, they will show us a calculation of the total amount payable to us.

We must make sure that the amount is correct based on the total number of days late and sign on the document.
After that, sit back, relax and wait for the fat cheque from UEM =)

WOW! INDEED! GOOD NEWS =) Thank you for sharing=)

ribbon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes! These are the package that I will received for Phase 2 too, when I purchased in May 2010 =)

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes! These are the package that I will received for Phase 2 too, when I purchased in May 2010 =)

Investor, Ribbon and others who have bought EL in 2010 - look at the big picture - a close Singaporean friend of mine who is interested in the newly launched Lake Park Semi D was at the sales office last weekend mentioned that the units start at 1.83 M for 3300 sft and 4000 sft land. They have sold 21 already. All of the corner units and the ones with large land priced above 2M are sold. They will launch the lake facing units next month, most likely, with 15% higher prices.

You have enjoyed more than 50% appreciation in 2 years - Congrats and nice job!!

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor, Ribbon and others who have bought EL in 2010 - look at the big picture - a close Singaporean friend of mine who is interested in the newly launched Lake Park Semi D was at the sales office last weekend mentioned that the units start at 1.83 M for 3300 sft and 4000 sft land. They have sold 21 already. All of the corner units and the ones with large land priced above 2M are sold. They will launch the lake facing units next month, most likely, with 15% higher prices.

You have enjoyed more than 50% appreciation in 2 years - Congrats and nice job!!

Very happy for all of you guys who had the foresight and made the early move. Congrats!!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow! You've bought it 3 months earlier than me, that means RM30k more than what I'll get. Plus the price appreciation of easily RM600k(based on price below new launch because ours have bigger built up area) = Congratulations.

Did you buy at around RM1.2 mil too?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for sharing, IR. Actually I'm not surprise with this 50% increase in price. I've mentioned in 2010 or early 2011 in the first thread that 100% profit is easily achievable in just 5 years from 2010. Target on sight!