• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

I am also wondering - your idea of tripling your investment (which BTW, I feel is very realistic, given your entry price) is driven by the timing as well, and not just the development. If you entered the market in 2010, and by the time Imperia, Impiana and 1 Medini were launched (2H 2011), you must have have already seen a fair bit of appreciation, right?

Hi IR,

Superb observation! An astute investor indeed!

Initially, I wanted to mention about the above but later decided not to because it'll be too long-winded. Moreover, I didn't expect anyone to give much thought about my post anyway. I bought near end 2010, in early 2011 UEM launched Phase 8 at only 10% higher and all the units were snapped up really fast. In fact, I verbally pre-booked a corner terrace in Phase 8 and told the sales executive that I will pass her my cheque in the coming weekend, but before I can do that, she told me that it was booked by someone else whom already passed a cheque to a sales manager of UEM :( Could have made another couple of hundred k from that corner terrace by now if I acted a few days earlier.

After phase 8, there was no more terraces and thus no one has any idea of market price throughout 2011. Thus in 2011, there were still a few sellers selling at just around 10% to 15% above my buying price. It was only around the start of this year(or late last year) that a few sellers started to advertise at around 40% to 60% above my buying price. Thus during the condo launches in 2011, there were still units available from re-sale market which weren't too much higher than my buying price.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good points and well-written by respected members of this forum and fellow investors.

For Impiana or Imperia prices to triple may be a bit too soon to think (but as they say, never say never), though I think Impiana is a safer bet, though apartments will be aplenty in Medini (accoding to paper concept and plan), and Nusajaya West may be coming up. Anyone know what projects will be there?

Imperia is a more speculative play with possibly higher returns, it's success hinges on the executional risk of Puteri Harbour, as mentioned by someone. Has anyone been there recently -- is the temporal CIQ up already?

By the way, Setia Sky 88 intends to launch the 1st tower later this year at 700psf, location is crappy due to Tebrau highway jam. Considering how much Setia and KSL will spend on their projects there, does anyone think they should influence the expansion of the roads there? As curiouscat or someone said before, the old JB town will pale in comparison with the plans for Nusajaya and Medini. No doubt Setia 88 is near the 1st link, but is the 700psf price justifiable (45% premium over Impiana @ EL)?

Just my $0.001 rant...

For landed, few people here talk about Leisure Farm. Anyone has thoughts on LF?

Last edited:

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Hi mchia,
My State Consent is already secured and not pending any document from UEM. I have the same issue as you previously. I found out about the issue when my bank failed to disburse the first progressive payment to UEM. I called my lawyer at that time and they told me that they are still waiting for certain document from UEM as UEM have charged the said property to some bank and pending release or something like that.

Anyway, they settled the issue and my bank had disbursed the 1st payment around 3 months ago. I don't think you need to worry as things will eventually be settled. Moreover, since your bank didn't disburse payment because of this issue, it has saved you a few thousand dollars on bank's interest. I've already paid 2 months of interest and it's almost RM700 each month for only the first disbursement amount which is only 10% of purchase price. Say if there wasn't any issue on UEM's part and say your bank has till date disbursed eg 70% of purchase price, your monthly interest can be almost RM5k per month. A blessing in disguise don't you think?

Thanks =] you are right, indeed it saves me alot of interest right now.
Wondering whether UEM compensate if they are unable to hand over the unit on time (as stated in the S&P )

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Thanks =] you are right, indeed it saves me alot of interest right now.
Wondering whether UEM compensate if they are unable to hand over the unit on time (as stated in the S&P )

Hi mchia, the delay compensation @ 10% per annum is as per the S&P agreement. I am quite confident that UEM will honor it. So far I have found them to be very flexible and professional. I had a situation where I had to reach out to the top management - got a positive response, email and phone call, from them almost immediately and they resolved the issue.

In fact, I remember reading a post where one of the early buyers on a certain phase actually did get the compensation from UEM

BTW, I am also enjoying this partial 'interest absorption' scheme. It has been one year since I signed, super structure is ready, but no drawdown and no interest paid. However, this may change soon as I just got the State Consent. However, I am still happy that this was above my expectations.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those Bros or Sis who have got Impiana units, mind sharing whether the one you got is located in the lower blocks or the taller ones, pool facing or East Ledang facing and which floor?

My friend's family got one on the 9th floor on the side facing pool. Do you think the ones on the 8th floor or 10th floor are better?

will be glad to hear whether you think these are good choices.

I have heard UEM still cannot get state consent for the buyers.

Have anyone got the same problem?

Thank you very much for sharing.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

The definition posted on the internet does not seem to mean the same thing wheat the developer means.

Actually UEM calls Ujana executive apartments and Impiana resort apartments. But then what is the difference between these two really in legal terms?

Any Bros and Sis have checked with the developer? Or actually there is a special meaning in Malaysia for the above terms?

Condo versus apartment? Both are residences. One you buy, the other you rent.

When you are old enough to get sprung from a college dormitory you will most likely move into an apartment with your college friends. Later in life, before you are ready or can afford to settle down and live in a single family dwelling, you may continue living in an apartment. Many people who are not interested in buying or living in a house, have to consider the condo vs. apartment differences, similarities and the overlap.

An apartment is a self-contained unit that utilizes only part of a building. An apartment building can be a large building, with hundreds of apartment units, or a small building with fewer than ten units. If you rent an apartment, you are referred to as a tenant. Apartments are referred to as "flats" in England.

A condo or condominium is a housing unit that you buy, generally in a large multi-unit building or complex. You can think of a condo as an "apartment you own." A condo is sometimes referred to as a co-operative society. You have full ownership of your condo and you can paint it and remodel the interior however you choose, as long as it is in accordance with the condo association ownership rules. When renting an apartment, you are not free to make these changes because you do not own the apartment. This is an important in weighing the condo vs. apartment differences.

Found the above from a website. I don't think the 2 terms are defined exactly the same way in Malaysia, if not, you would be renting a unit in Ujana instead of buying. Why don't you ask UEM directly?

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi EL neighbors, any dengue issue in EL? Are the management doing fogging?

ribbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I heard from another thread EL phase 2 completion will be delayed... Anyone can confirm? Thank you

I was there 2 weeks ago, met one of the on site contractor, according to him completion will not be before September as unit behind the showroom isn't ready yet( still under construction).=(

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
good morning....are there any new launching in EL and LH at the moment or in near future ? We are interested to invest here.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
good morning....are there any new launching in EL and LH at the moment or in near future ? We are interested to invest here.

EL will be launching last phase (reflection park) semi- d in two months time. Selling price targeted above 1.8 mils.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jogs1 said:
I hear from EL sales, complettion will be this year December.

Hi jogs1, ribbon, thanks for sharing the info. In that case, does not seem like its 'delayed' per se as I was also under the impression that completion is suppose to be later in the year... Thanks guys!!!

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jogs1 said:
EL will be launching last phase (reflection park) semi- d in two months time. Selling price targeted above 1.8 mils.

Jogs1, any idea re size etc... Wat will b the major differences compared to phase 2 twin villa?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jogs1, any idea re size etc... Wat will b the major differences compared to phase 2 twin villa?

Was told size about the same but material upgrade to better one. Of course location for reflection is better than tranquility, beside the beatiful lake which near to the boundary of Leisure Farm.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jogs1 said:
Was told size about the same but material upgrade to better one. Of course location for reflection is better than tranquility, beside the beatiful lake which near to the boundary of Leisure Farm.

Entry price definitely a lot higher than twin villa was at 1.2 mio. Maybe something to consider for those who missed the boat earlier. However compared to some twin villa subsale at 1.5-1.6 mio, with much earlier completion date... Does seem a bit steep for me...

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

This coming soon semi-d, built up from 3200 to 3600 sq ft only, despite the land size still the same as 4050 sq ft. Now the house size getting smaller n smaller...compare to phase 1 semi-d!

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi avelc, what do you think of ujana, ? when can move in ? current market price psf ? thanks