• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Plan unveiled

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks all volunteers again. :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat is with Jessica Tan Soon Neo and
3 others
.​

3 d ·
Lovely to see residents having a wonderful time at the East Coast Extravaganza carnival at HeartbeatBedok last weekend! The festive-themed booths offered a delightful range of activities for everyone in the family.
1f384.png
⛄️

In the spirit of giving, food stalls handed out crowd-favourites like Christmas cookies, Ramly burgers and ice cream, while the young and young-at-heart were treated to trackless train rides and bouncy castles. There were also play areas for toddlers, crafts booths, and tote bag painting!
My fellow East Coast Advisers and I thank all volunteers for organising this event, bringing added cheer and joy to our East Coast community as we round off the year!
We Love Bedok
East Coast Buzz

jw5

Loyal
HSK congratulates all students who received their ‘N’ Level results. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Congratulations to all students who received your ‘N’ Level results today!
This is a memorable milestone in your education journey. As you cap off this chapter, don’t forget to thank the teachers, family and friends who have supported you along the way. Also remember that the adventure continues! Take some time this year-end to think-through your next steps and explore options to develop yourselves to your fullest potential.
Enjoy the rest of the school holidays with your loved ones!
(Release of 2023 ‘N’ Level Results at Queensway Secondary School. / MCI Photo by Ngau Kai Yan)

410223644_926542092164859_8194449085701042136_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2024 ahead! :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat updated his cover photo.​

3 d ·
1f3b6.png
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
1f3b6.png

It’s the 40th anniversary of the Orchard Road Christmas light-up and this year’s theme is inspired by a dreamy child-like theme, with colourful clouds, teddy bears and candy canes. Have you made your way down to see the lights and whimsical decorations?
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2024 ahead!
(MCI Photo by Kenneth Tan)

411382931_926950502124018_7394704108942100610_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks Acting Minister Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达 and the Ministry of Transport, Singapore for an insightful visit! :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Many of us are travelling for holidays with our families and loved ones during this year-end period, and Changi Airport is a familiar sight. Have you ever wondered how the airport, one of the busiest in the world, keeps its operations running seamlessly even during high passenger traffic?
Visited Changi Airport recently and took a look at some of the innovative solutions we are developing to enhance productivity. For example, from the departure gates, you may be able to spot autonomous vehicles facilitating baggage handling and manoeuvring around obstacles so that workers can focus on more complex last-mile operations. Such trials are part of our efforts to future-proof Changi Airport and prepare for steady growth in flights and passengers in the years ahead.
Thanks to Acting Minister Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达 and the Ministry of Transport, Singapore for an insightful visit! I look forward to these and more innovations being deployed soon to make the travel experience even more smooth, efficient and memorable, and to keep Changi Airport thriving!
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore

jw5

Loyal
HSK spent a wonderful morning with Bedok residents. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

11 h ·
Spent a wonderful morning with Bedok residents at the Gardeners’ Day Out (GDO) at Hort Park recently.
NParks volunteers guided us through the Therapeutic and Edible Gardens, where we got to know the plants and biodiversity a little better by using our different senses — sight, hearing, touch, and smell!
Some residents also found plants, gardening supplies and nature-inspired lifestyle products at the MarketPlace — a great spot for bonding with fellow gardening enthusiasts!
My thanks to NParks for sharing their knowledge on the plant species, and volunteers for organising this event to help deepen our connection with nature and one another.
I encourage everyone to visit the GDO held monthly. You can also check out NParks’ website to find out more about their free guided tours and other activities!
We Love Bedok
East Coast Buzz

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes everyone a wonderful end to the year with good food and quality time with loved ones! :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

11 h ·
Merry Christmas!
1f384.png

Bedok CC transformed into a mini Christmas wonderland with an indoor skating rink, chocolate-making workshop, and a Christmas carnival with fun activities to spread the festive cheer! We also had our annual The Wishing Tree initiative to help make wishes come true for beneficiaries in the community.
Thanks to the Bedok Women's Executive Committee and Bedok Youth Network for organising these activities so that residents can gather and bond over a shared spirit of giving and caring for one another.
Wishing everyone a wonderful end to the year with good food and quality time with loved ones!

jw5

Loyal
HSK noticed a positive trend. :thumbsup::barefoot::tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
2023 has been a year of shifts and adaptation for our business community. While the post-COVID climate has brought new challenges, our companies have been resilient, dynamic and innovative.
Our Industry Transformation Maps have provided a good foundation for industries and companies to navigate new trends like AI. When visiting companies and speaking to business leaders, I was heartened to see them embracing change and supporting their workers to thrive in a rapidly evolving landscape. In fact, many of them are also looking outwards to explore new opportunities and expand to other markets.
A positive trend that I have noticed is the strong spirit of collaboration among our businesses, industries, and partners to grow together and drive positive change. From championing sustainability to nurturing the Singapore leadership bench, I am glad to see our corporate leaders rallying to advance a shared cause even as they compete as enterprises should.
Let us carry forward this spirit of innovation, collaboration and adventure as we pursue new possibilities in 2024!

jw5

Loyal
HSK is happy to convene and host different partners. :cautious::eek::tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

10 h ·
Technology and innovation continue to shape our world in profound ways. In 2023, we had a glimpse of how emerging technologies like generative Artificial Intelligence could transform industries, economies, lives and our future to be more productive, smart and sustainable.
We are midway through our Research, Innovation and Enterprise 2025, or RIE2025 Masterplan. The National Research Foundation Singapore, Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Economic Development Board - EDB, and other agencies have been working closely with our universities and research institutes, as well as global partners to deepen Singapore’s RIE ecosystem.
Indeed, from the varied slate of events and fora that we have hosted here – from SWITCH Singapore to SG FinTech Festival to Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC – as well as our vibrant startup community, more partners from all over the world are recognising Singapore’s value proposition as a Global-Asia node of technology, innovation and enterprise.
We are happy to convene and host different partners, and welcome them to use Singapore as a launchpad to explore opportunities in the region. After all, a collaborative approach is the best way we can grow together, and harness technology purposefully to solve real-world challenges like climate change, public health and an ageing population.
It is exciting to see how many of these ideas will shape the future, here in Singapore and beyond. Let’s continue to bring this spark of innovation with us into the new year, fueling progress and prosperity, and improving lives around the world.
1f4a1.png
1f680.png

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks the town council. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

11 h ·
Marked the completion of the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) for Bedok Orchid Estate earlier this month! Residents can now enjoy revamped public spaces, upgraded facilities, and enhanced connectivity.
This NRP was made possible by the coming together of multiple stakeholders — the East Coast Town Council, grassroots organisations, and importantly, the active participation of our own residents. I hope that this collaborative effort has fostered a greater sense of pride and belonging among the community for our vibrant and caring East Coast!
A big thank you to the Town Council, various agencies and community partners for their hard work in completing this NRP successfully in time for residents to ring in the new year!

jw5

Loyal
HSK encourages you to visit. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Joined Bedok residents, grassroots leaders, and volunteers for a visit to LKY: The Experience earlier this month.
Glad that they enjoyed learning more about Mr Lee Kuan Yew through the interactive exhibits, and that parents got to spend quality time with their children in the process.
The team has done a wonderful job in curating the exhibition and putting together interesting artefacts and unique glimpses into Mr Lee's life story. Owing to strong positive response, the exhibition will now be extended till mid March 2024. I encourage you to visit if you haven’t already! More info here: https://lkyexperience.com/

jw5

Loyal
HSK wants us to look out for one another. :rolleyes::notworthy::geek:

Heng Swee Keat

11 h ·
As we bid farewell to 2023 and look forward to the new year, let us take a look back at some of the cherished moments we shared in East Coast!
❤️
1f3e1.png

With activities back in full swing, our community came together to build a greener East Coast through coastal clean-ups, tree plantings and nurturing our community gardens. Our shared spaces grew brighter and more vibrant with art and beautiful murals that our residents lovingly created. Our volunteers organised many activities, workshops, roadshows, and events to strengthen bonds across different groups and communities. We also organised outings to museums, exhibitions, and Pulau Ubin!
My thanks to our residents and volunteers for your enthusiastic participation and contributions. You make East Coast the best home for all of us! Do reach out to We Love Bedok, Bedok Youth Network or East Coast Buzz if you are looking to contribute as a volunteer!
May we always look out for one another and deepen our community bonds, as we build a greener, more vibrant and more caring East Coast together!

jw5

Loyal
HSK hopes everyone is well-rested and recharged. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

10 h ·
Happy New Year!
1f338.png

Took this photo when I visited Hort Park last month. May the new year bloom with the elegance and grace of an orchid, filled with beautiful moments and an abundance of joy.
I hope everyone is well-rested and recharged, and looking forward to the new and exciting opportunities that 2024 will bring.
Wishing everyone a good week to start the year!

414957490_934459734706428_56667204909943471_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK encourages everyone to think about what each of us can do. :o-o::cautious::laugh:

Heng Swee Keat

4 d ·
In 2023, we continued to nurture a strong spirit of care and community in Singapore.
Our social service agencies and community organisations have rallied the wider community to support and empower those in need. From low-income families to seniors and persons with disabilities, it is heartening to see Singaporeans and residents from all walks of life coming together to contribute generously. A big thank you to all for making a difference with your hard work and heart work!
Two things stood out for me this year. One is seeing many of our youths step up to contribute and champion causes they are passionate about. I came across many enthusiastic young people during events, roadshows and festivals, all wanting to do their part to help build a more caring and inclusive Singapore.
The other is the growing momentum of philanthropy in Singapore. I am glad to see new platforms established to galvanise philanthropic impact, channel useful ideas, and harness collective energy and resources to shape a brighter future for all.
The Forward SG report released in October outlines how the Government looks to work with Singaporeans to build our shared future, together. As we head into 2024, I encourage everyone to think about what each of us can do, to write the next chapter of the Singapore Story!

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to join some 200 Bedok residents for lunch on the first weekend of 2024! :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

9 h ·
Happy to join some 200 Bedok residents for lunch on the first weekend of 2024!
Apart from the delicious food, we were treated to a variety of performances by our residents and volunteers, from Teochew opera, to Tai Chi and dance! Glad to see everyone in high spirits as they sang along to the wonderful performances.
My thanks to Yun Kuang Kong (云观宫) and volunteers for organising this lively lunch gathering to kickstart the new year!
#VibrantEastCoast

416894365_937836757702059_5246451420555402744_n.jpg

416877731_937836717702063_5851425868394797361_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK had lunch with members of the Tanah Merah Merchants' Association at the newly renovated Bedok Blk 58 Market! :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

2 d ·
Lunch with members of the Tanah Merah Merchants' Association at the newly renovated Bedok Blk 58 Market!
Thanks for partnering our agencies to ensure the market renovation proceeded smoothly!

416899352_937898687695866_970193581090205367_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to see recharged hawkers. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Good news for Bedok residents and foodies — Bedok Blk 58 Market has reopened after a 3-month hiatus for renovation and redecoration works!
Residents can now enjoy their meals and grocery shopping in a refreshed environment, with new tables, chairs, floor and wall tiles installed. Fans and lights have also been upgraded to become more energy-efficient.
Happy to see our hawkers recharged after taking a well-deserved break during the renovations. Many of them are happy that the market is now cleaner, brighter and with improved air circulation!
Do keep a look out for the decals at many of the stalls to use your CDC vouchers!
#VibrantEastCoast #GreenEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes students all the best. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

2 d ·
Big day for our students receiving ‘O’ Level results tomorrow!
Your results are not all that define you. Be proud of the growth and experiences that you have gained, and remember to give thanks to your friends, teachers, and loved ones who have journeyed with you!
As you consider your next steps, do think about how you can best develop your strengths, and pursue your interests.
All the best, and enjoy catching up with your teachers and friends tomorrow!
(Photo from Bedok South Secondary School)

418554192_939556617530073_9094378916902477023_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK had a good meeting. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Had a good meeting with Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of the Kingdom of Thailand at NUS yesterday. I last met Princess Sirindhorn in 2016, when she was Guest-of-Honour at NRF’s Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS).
Princess Sirindhorn has a strong interest in education, science and technology. She is a staunch supporter of the GYSS. She attended the inaugural Summit in 2013 and participated regularly in subsequent editions. I am delighted to welcome her back to attend this year’s Summit. During our meeting, Princess Sirindhorn and I discussed the warm relations between Singapore and Thailand, and how our two countries can further deepen people-to-people links and strengthen cooperation in education and research.
I wish Princess Sirindhorn a fruitful visit in Singapore, and look forward to meeting her again before long!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1f9_1f1ed.png

418727152_939591017526633_1462749069753661591_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks NUS. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
An exciting and inspiring start to the new year, with science!
The 12th Global Young Scientists Summit, organised by the National Research Foundation Singapore, takes place this week. More than 350 young researchers from 35 countries, including close to 100 from Singapore, will interact with and learn from a distinguished lineup of speakers who have scaled peaks of excellence in their research.
Science holds the power to advance humanity and shape a better future, and we must empower young scientists towards the breakthroughs of tomorrow. We can do so through supportive infrastructure and a robust ecosystem, bringing the best people together to forge collaborations, and encouraging perseverance in the pursuit of good science that can make a difference.
Thanks to the National University of Singapore for hosting this year’s summit. To all the young science enthusiasts out there, I hope you keep up your passion and I look forward to seeing you at future editions!