• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

drunken driver crashes Toyota Vios into SMRT Bus Near S'pore Flyer wife dies

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow! So many post on this thread. My personal experience with the current vios I am driving is it is too light. The steering is extremely light. It is possible the driver over steered. I will not go over 130km/hr with this car. Even at 120 km/hr, feel like the car is floating.

Only consolation I get from this car is the boring and innocent look, which helps in most road blocks or stop by matas. Ok, another consolation is the fuel efficiency is quite good.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vios made in Thailand. So don't expect too much.

If want a safe car, one of the best is Volvo.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Pers...baru-honda-ford/story?id=9729865#.T3lYotlIvSg

Sparing No Expense: Volvo S80

If increasing the odds of surviving a head-on collision -- the most common type of fatal traffic accident -- is a car buyer's paramount concern, then basic laws of physics trump fancy safety features. In other words, size matters.

"The single most important contributor to a vehicle's crash survivability is its mass," said Russ Rader, a spokesman for the Arlington, Va.-based Insurance Institute, which conducts ongoing crash tests on 150 vehicles.

SUVs and pickup trucks are weighty by nature, but at the same time, they take longer to stop and are more susceptible to rollovers, another leading type of traffic fatality.
Five Safest Cars
Subaru
As a large car that rated well in crash tests... View Full Caption

So focusing on sedans, sparing no expense and taking into consideration its storied history as a leader in safety innovation, Volvo races to mind when evaluating safe cars, most experts agree. The Volvo S80 ranked among the four safest "large" cars that were collision-tested by the Insurance Institute. Nerad, who has been writing about auto safety for more than a decade, conceded that as his younger children now approach driving age he has been giving this issue a lot of extra thought lately. He is leaning toward Volvo.

"Volvo walks the talk on safety," Nerad said. "Being on the cutting edge is part of their culture."

Considering size and design durability, plus overlaying all of the advanced technological features Volvo drivers have come to expect, such as automatic driver alerts helping to mitigate everything from lane drift to blind spots, the Volvo S80 has to be considered a standard bearer in the drive toward safest car ever built.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the point of showing all the anger and emotion after he caused his own wife dead? The matter of fact is that he killed her after drunk driving. I feel sorry for the wife and hope she RIP, as for the drunken bastard may he dead in hell.....

niwdee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Asshole F9 Driver

The Toyota Vios is a compact family car you twit. It's not a rally car or street racer. It's designed to reliably get you from A to B in relative comfort. It's also an extremely safe car and earned a 5 star ANCAP rating in recent tests.

No car in the world can save a drunk idiot and his passengers if he chooses to collide at speed with a vehicle 10 times larger and heavier.

All cars a built to be as light as possible in this day and age in order to meet fuel economy targets. However, a well designed light car is built such that the passenger compartment is protected.

I'm willing the bet his passenger wasn't wearing a seat belt or she would probably have survived the impact.

Leong Sam, do i detect a spelling error from our self proclaimed resident english teacher?

should be All cars are built
I'm willing to bet

Drivers are usually the only ones that buckle their seat belts.

Drivers are usually the only ones who buckle

That refers to things
Who refers to people. That and which refer to groups or things.

Examples:
Anya is the one who rescued the bird.
Lokua is on the team that won first place.
She belongs to an organization that specializes in saving endangered species.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Drivers are usually the only ones who buckle

That refers to things
Who refers to people. That and which refer to groups or things.

I was using the term "drivers" as a class or category of people so I believe "that" is acceptable.

http://www.drgrammar.org/frequently-asked-questions#40

That or Which or Who?

Do not use which to refer to persons. Use who instead. That, though generally used to refer to things, may be used to refer to a group or class of people.
[Examples:] The player who [not that or which] made the basket at the buzzer was named MVP.
The team that scores the most points in this game will win the tournament (Hacker, A Writer's Reference 136).

For example, I would say "passengers THAT arrive on time will be given preference......etc" as "passengers" defines a group of people.

It's what we were taught in school by a grammar teacher from OXFORD.:wink:

niwdee

Alfrescian
Loyal

OK, noted.
I think we hit a quite contentious issue in the beauty of english language.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have to agree with your earlier post that the passenger probably did not wear a seatbelt. I do notice that a lot of females do not like wearing the seatbelt in Singapore. Can't comment on other countries as I have not seen with my own eyes. Sometimes you will see some female passengers in Singapore seating until they are like in their own homes with their legs high up on the dashboard.

Yes, i concur, cos there will be pressure on their neh neh. :p

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Face Off !

faceoff.jpg

when crashing is unavoidable, the driver's auto reflect will try to protect himself and crash the passenger side

Shit ! No wonder Mark Lee's bro died lah. Mark regretted for not making up with his bro before he set off for M'sia. The f***ing driver (bro's friend ?) syum truck so he kanna. Heard his bro face off - cannot be recognised. Driver went away scot free - alive and well.

Then, Mark broke down and cried. The matter still haunts him.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Face Off !

faceoff.jpg

Shit ! No wonder Mark Lee's bro died lah. Mark regretted for not making up with his bro before he set off for M'sia. The f***ing driver (bro's friend ?) syum truck so he kanna. Heard his bro face off - cannot be recognised. Driver went away scot free - alive and well.

Then, Mark broke down and cried. The matter still haunts him.

wow serious ah his bro died in car accident.

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
guess the race??

The police have arrested the man who was behind the wheel of a Toyota Vios that crashed into a stationary bus on Sunday, killing his wife seated next to him.

Mr Bobby Elfian, a safety officer, was arrested on Sunday for suspected drink driving and causing death by a rash act.

He was released on bail the same day pending police investigations.

On Monday morning, the 28-year-old went to the mortuary at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) to identify the body of his wife, Ms Siti Norliza, 25.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_784733.html

Sxxxx042F BOBBY ELFIAN BIN MOKHTAR. muslim? wtf is he even drinking? allah say can consume alcohol?

Last edited:
R

radii

No surprise here.........
Guess it was the case after seeing the pic where he was jumping around shirtless like a ape, its all in their blood haha

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bobby Elfian killed his wife thru drink driving. He has to be responsible for this. May his wife rest in peace.