• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

driving to thailand

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, anyone has drive from Singapore to Thailand? if so, please advise who should i write to in thailand for permit to get in? thanks.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you can try to swim from sg to thailand, if you can do that, visa and permit is free.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, anyone has drive from Singapore to Thailand? if so, please advise who should i write to in thailand for permit to get in? thanks.

I have a friend who used to drive all the way the Bangkok. There's no special permit required. Just bring your passport as usual. You're supposed to buy 3rd party insurance for your car in Hatyai before proceeding further north as Singapore motor insurance coverage ends in southern Thailand. However, as long as you're confident that you won't get into an accident, nobody really cares, just drive on, further on to Laos if you like too. :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
u will need to bring in your car registration card along, i sink. ozervise, car not allowed to enter kingdom.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who used to drive all the way the Bangkok. There's no special permit required. Just bring your passport as usual. You're supposed to buy 3rd party insurance for your car in Hatyai before proceeding further north as Singapore motor insurance coverage ends in southern Thailand. However, as long as you're confident that you won't get into an accident, nobody really cares, just drive on, further on to Laos if you like too. :wink:

I reckon he will not get past Pattani, which is mini-war zone.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good luck and happy holiday.
Nothing will happen. Just be more courtesy on the road. Bring car registration card. Remember pump full tank before enter Thailand will save about 30%.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I reckon he will not get past Pattani, which is mini-war zone.

Check your atlas or roadmap. At the end of PLUS crossing Kedah to Sadao you'd have already bypassed Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala by latitude. These three provinces are in Malaysia geographically. No point disturbing them.

go by Pattani for what, most will enter by Sadao and cruise 30 minutes into Haad Yai stop for good fruck before heading up bangkok another 8 - 10 hours

Absolutely Mr. Botak Horny. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
mengzai asked a real question.

tonychat try to be funny gave a very stupid and irrelevant answer and nobody cares

you can try to swim from sg to thailand, if you can do that, visa and permit is free.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was laughing earlier when seeing this post by Tonychat... He can be bit funny at times with all his sarcastic replies...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who in the right frame of mind would attempt to swim from Spore to Thailand...? Why get yourself wet when you can buy a bus ticket to Thailand... Even an olympic swimmer will never be able to swim that far...