• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Lee Wei Ling on tuition...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think some of the Members of the Hall Of Fame are really nice people. But again, why "nice" people must resort to profanities to make a statement? That really baffles me. Any more answers? Thank you.

Not baffling. When tak boleh tahan, everything also can shoot.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mind you, I scored distinctions in Malay vocab like these! Who needs tuition in those days? There were so many street tutors!

Just came back from teh tarik session at Joo Chiat with few of my old Malay mates..

I'm now able construct a Malay sentence by using the word '' Konek ''..

''This Kinana muka macham Konek.. ''

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kinana, you have created a Hall Of Fame. So those members in the HALL must be lacking in upbringing ? Am I right? So they are also "kurang ajar" right? Are you sure?

I think some of the Members of the Hall Of Fame are really nice people. But again, why "nice" people must resort to profanities to make a statement? That really baffles me. Any more answers? Thank you.

Why don't you ask Lee "adult dogs" Kuan Yew about that? :rolleyes:

M

Mdm Tang

Even undergrads have tuition!!! Never heard of such things in our good old days. In fact, as an undergrad, most of us gave tuition to earn some extra cash and pay for our tuition fees!

Tuition is a Multi Million S$ Biz

in SinkiLand . Just go ask the

Students from Pinoyland , The Viets ,

The Tiongs , The Burmese , etc ..

they are making good pocket money from

the Fear Factors ...

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Profanities is an upbringing thing, mostly from family n ppl you mix with, nothing much to do with tutors.

Anyway, weiling wrote a fair article. But how to revamp the system given the need for competition? Even top school students have tuition nowadays, very difficult to avoid la.

It is the bottom 10/15% that requires additional tuition but could not afford it. They would most likely be at the lower rung of society. It is a vicious cycle and very to difficult to get out of the ruck. Without tuition, I failed English throughout my secondary school. It was my secondary 4 teacher Peter Tan of ST Gabriel' Sec School that devoted his time to teach the weaker students "English". I had a S8 for English and proceeded to pre-u. I sat English again and got a C3 . I could have gone on to the U but my family wasn't able to afford it. I OK now. Peter Tan did streaming but only in his own class, he put extra effort to help the weaker students . Though he was a difficult task master, my improvement in the English is obvious I must say a Big Thank You to him.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Profanities is an upbringing thing, mostly from family n ppl you mix with, nothing much to do with tutors.

Anyway, weiling wrote a fair article. But how to revamp the system given the need for competition? Even top school students have tuition nowadays, very difficult to avoid la.

But you use profanities too. When your german shepherd rapes you, don't you shout "Yes, Yes, fuck my asshole like the bitch that I am"?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Kinana, you have created a Hall Of Fame. So those members in the HALL must be lacking in upbringing ? Am I right? So they are also "kurang ajar" right? Are you sure?

Really baffling you? Well what baffles many bros here on Sammyboy is your nick. Did you get it because nigger brothers like to use your backside to relief themselves in? Is that why u are known as The Black (Ass)Hole? Quite baffling for us.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all know the PM speaks good Malay but its a surprise to know that Lee Wei Ling did exceptionally well on her Malay papers as a student..

Thanks to my old Malay buddies and colleagues, I can utter few bits of Malay words like Pukimak, Sial, Butoh, Konek.. I'm still learning and hopefully I will pick up more Malay words by the end of the year..

I learned Malay from playing with my Malay buddies.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even undergrads have tuition!!! Never heard of such things in our good old days. In fact, as an undergrad, most of us gave tuition to earn some extra cash and pay for our tuition fees!

real a not undergrad have tuition? possible meh? my undergrad at upper level was so chim that things covered cannot be found on the net, only in textbooks. after the exam throw everything away. do not even have the confident to teach jr when they ask u (as its really fucking chim).

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the bottom 10/15% that requires additional tuition but could not afford it. They would most likely be at the lower rung of society. It is a vicious cycle and very to difficult to get out of the ruck. Without tuition, I failed English throughout my secondary school. It was my secondary 4 teacher Peter Tan of ST Gabriel' Sec School that devoted his time to teach the weaker students "English". I had a S8 for English and proceeded to pre-u. I sat English again and got a C3 . I could have gone on to the U but my family wasn't able to afford it. I OK now. Peter Tan did streaming but only in his own class, he put extra effort to help the weaker students . Though he was a difficult task master, my improvement in the English is obvious I must say a Big Thank You to him.

There are lots of free tuitions by churches, CDAC, Mendaki and Sinda. I know even one tuition centre who cahrge $30 per month for quality tuition.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
real a not undergrad have tuition? possible meh? my undergrad at upper level was so chim that things covered cannot be found on the net, only in textbooks. after the exam throw everything away. do not even have the confident to teach jr when they ask u (as its really fucking chim).

In fact I was asked that even in my time and from someone who is from the same year. I turned him down because it could interfere with my own studies. I can imagine that if the parents have the money, they will do anything. What they do may not be so publicly known, though.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Real transformation does not come from torture or strict rules. That's why muslims are so scary even with all their rules.
Real renewing of the mind can only come when these people walk with Jesus.

all faith based religions should be consigned to the dustbins of history. christianity began as a cult, and should end as one.