• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Koh got shouted down by the crowd with cries of "Workers Party!!!"

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you are self-contradicting yourself. Any difference voting PAP and voting PAP Lite?

My advice to you is when you meet up with like-minded people, it can be self hynoptic, each reinforcing the others, in a common belief.

It is perhaps because of this animosity that WP faced from other Parties' core supporters, maybe the leaders as well, that PS were moved to make his remark, albeit not wise, about the coalition with the PAP.

Honestly speaking, i think he is rightly predicting a most likely scenario in the future that the first coalition government will be led by the PAP given the right to form the government, being the largest party.

So if it is not WP, it will be some other party. I feel WP may not be the no.1 choice of the PAP, being its closest rival but a smaller party sufficient to form a simple majority in the coalition will suit their purpose best, depending on the leadership of PAP at that time. combative or cooperative. That party could very well be SDP and they will grab it when they are offer that chance.

Never say never. If they can come out with that stupid proposal to WP in PE just to get into the contest, to be ministers will be an even greater attraction.

Yeah when that happens, SDP might even get one of their people to become a minister and be in a PAP led coaltion.... someone's dreams fulfilled at long last....

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That there are many more WP supporters bashing CSJ and SDP than SDP supporters bashing WP.

Also, there are many more WP supporters than SDP supporters here, unlike in the old Delfi forum.

i dont think it fair to label WP supporters as CSJ or SDP basher. yes they may had voted for wp before but that does not mean they are wp supporters. i voted for sda once but i no sda supporter, i am just anti-pap wp supporter. u must admit the scm had done a "good" job on csj and sdp, completely demonised them. i go reservist, some fellow anti pap mates had a very bad impression on csj due to the media reports in the past. and it didnt help when chiam left sdp in a huff and lina chiam come out to repeat chiam version on what happen. what really happen will never be known but all these really become deadweights tied to csj. even office lady colleagues said they rather vote pap than sdp because of csj.

your friend and u may deem wp as pap lite but i have friend who help out in sdp activities and believe wp as a credible opposition party. as for wp sleeping on the job, u r entitled to your opinion but to me, wp had done a lot. as for those who want wp to share share because wp already have 6 voting seats in parliment, i have only one thing to say, please dont insult the voters and respect the voters choice.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That there are many more WP supporters bashing CSJ and SDP than SDP supporters bashing WP.

Also, there are many more WP supporters than SDP supporters here, unlike in the old Delfi forum.

You are only half correct. There are more WP supporters here, yes. Because in the population at large there are more WP supporters, also in this forum but SDP supporters write more posts and more combative type of posts - PAP Lite lah, Chinese Chauvinist lah, arrogant lah insistently, almost every post laced with these key words. WP supporters' posts tend to be more defensive until tak boleh tahan they attack CSJ.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. This is what I wrote:

Where SDP screwed up was publicising its attempts at a joint candidacy with WP instead of negotiating privately, thus damaging its chances. But in the end the withdrawal, while embarrassing, has won it a lot of goodwill (as seen in the online comments) and was the right move. It can now conserve its resources and live to fight another day.

SDP should just regroup, work the ground hard and come out roaring in GE2016.

See even CSJ does not believe WP is PAP Lite. Otherwise why would he propose an alliance with WP?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
That "common perception" must be of a miserably small number.

In the wards that WP had fought straight fights against the PAP, they returned an average of 45% of the votes, the rest going to the PAP. This 45% cannot all be hardcore WP supporters.

There must be a good number of just opposition supporters including NSP supporters and SDP supporters. For them to vote WP, they could not honestly think that WP is PAP Lite. Otherwise they would have just spoil their votes.

So the concept of "PAP Lite" is a fabrication of a small group of malicious, hard core non-WP opposition supporters and propagated by gullible non-WP supporters like you. The majority of SDP supporters don't actually believe in it.

I am a SDP supporter. I will vote WP as it is a lesser of two evils.

But the perception of WP as "PAP Lite" is growing amongst hard core oppositionists. As the "PAP Lite" label is becoming more apparent lately, I and other like-minded anti-PAP forces may have to reconsider. At present there is no other choice. So voting WP is a lesser evil.

We are watching with abated breath when WP continues to be a PAP-like wannabe. Who needs a wannabe when there is the real thing?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
See even CSJ does not believe WP is PAP Lite. Otherwise why would he propose an alliance with WP?

Bro pls do not say such a thing when you do not even know him! The fact that SDP was even seriously considering sending a candidate goes to show their displeasure with the wannabees!

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now we know. Workers' Party candidate are human and are candidate. Non-WP candidates are motherfuckers. Thanks for the education.

These two mf should not be there in the first place. There are denying the 40% from adding a further voice in parliament. Ought to be shot.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro pls do not say such a thing when you do not even know him! The fact that SDP was even seriously considering sending a candidate goes to show their displeasure with the wannabees!

Then why don't they not carry on? Very self-contradicting or was it indecision?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok ok ok ...old uncle think the whole damned thing is a fiasco that got worse...sdp's csj number fiasco king....sda fiasco king number 2 and kj no need to say fiasco all the way...

the only credible queen is li lian..but again, wp is another lame lame lame ....so all in all fiasco liao..

the only genuine candidate is dr koh...man for the season and man to be counted and man to be voted into parliament. no fiasco at all...as straight as the ramrod...straight to the poor..no wye here and wye there...walk straight into parliament - fair and square:smile:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then why don't they not carry on? Very self-contradicting or was it indecision?
it was a castastrophic and devastating fiasco that erupted and torn the party asunder....that's the greatness of csj...the political masterly maverick of historical impotence.