• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DPM Teo said SG would not be glorious if PAP falls from power

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'A very difficult transition' if PAP falls from power: DPM Teo

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var fontIndex = 2; var fontSize = new Array('0.63em', '0.69em', '0.75em', '0.88em', '1em', '1.13em'); </SCRIPT>
SINGAPORE -While social media is "very powerful in amplifying voices of people who are most articulate" in using this medium, it can also be a drawback, noted Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean.

"One negativity I personally don't like in social media is anonymity because it allows you to make statements without responsibilities. And I don't think we can have a responsible discussion if one is not asked to be responsible for what he says," Mr Teo said at a dialogue, Singaporeans in Conversation, with 250 students yesterday. "That results in a discussion which quite often becomes skewed and unproductive."

In a poll conducted during the session, 65 per cent of the participants said they felt they had a voice in shaping policies. Mr Teo said they did not have to be in party politics to make a difference. "You can express your values and what's important to you by doing something for society."

Asked if it was possible that the People's Action Party (PAP) would not be in power some day, Mr Teo said yes.

"But do I see a smooth transition to a system that's more glorious? The answer is no. I think it will be a very difficult transition. And I'm not sure what the outcome will be and I'm not convinced the outcome will be a better one." He said this was why the PAP places high importance on drawing in those who are able and committed, and who can develop policies that will take Singapore forward.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He said this was why the PAP places high importance on drawing in those who are able and committed, and who can develop policies that will take Singapore forward.

I'm sure they do. They should be commended for tracking down real talent.

tinpeilingkatespade.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"One negativity I personally don't like in social media is anonymity because it allows you to make statements without responsibilities. And I don't think we can have a responsible discussion if one is not asked to be responsible for what he says.....

If it wasn't for anonymity, people would be too terrified of one nasty old leaf in this forum:smile:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE -While social media is "very powerful in amplifying voices of people who are most articulate" in using this medium, it can also be a drawback, noted Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean.

"One negativity I personally don't like in social media is anonymity because it allows you to make statements without responsibilities.Dear Mr Teo, When SPH is willing to print letters of different/unfavourable points of view of the government, then we can talk again. And I don't think we can have a responsible discussion if one is not asked to be responsible for what he says," Mr Teo said at a dialogue, Sir, it is difficult to have a reasonable conversation when from the onset, you are prejudiced against the message because of the messenger Singaporeans in Conversation, with 250 students yesterday. "That results in a discussion which quite often becomes skewed and unproductive."Sir, are you referring to the reports from the SPH group?

In a poll conducted during the session, 65 per cent of the participants said they felt they had a voice in shaping policies. Mr Teo said they did not have to be in party politics to make a difference. "You can express your values and what's important to you by doing something for society." And so, sir, what is the responsibility of the government in this case?

Asked if it was possible that the People's Action Party (PAP) would not be in power some day, Mr Teo said yes.

"But do I see a smooth transition to a system that's more glorious?[/B] The answer is no. I think it will be a very difficult transition.Sir, I am disappointed that your choice of words reflect that of a street corner politician rather than that of a Deputy Prime Minister, the capacity in whch you were invited for the occasion. You are speaking in the same mode as LKY and LHL, talking about PAP being the only choice. You should be encouraging the students aspire to political leadership and contribute towards the further development of Singapore. And I'm not sure what the outcome will be and I'm not convinced the outcome will be a better one." Sir, this is a cheap shot, combative and displacy no respect for the 40% of the population who voted against the PAP. He said this was why the PAP places high importance on drawing in those who are able and committed, and who can develop policies that will take Singapore forward."Able, and committed? You mean like Tin Pei Ling, the two army boys and some trade unionists? We will spare Rin Tin Tin here. The two army boys have displayed their lack of exposure to the real world by their utterings to date. But not really surprising, having been used to screaming out orders and expecting these to be carried out.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

This is almost a way of ignoring the change that is bound to happen. Its a good step, I just hope the next stage of fighting won't get too ugly.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big Nose Teo playing mind games with Sporeans.. 60% will be duped as usual by him and believing in every each of his words... Don't worry all you 60% Cb kias... we can do fine without the PAP..

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really wish our ministers display leadership - and not try to practice one upmanship.
The students would have smiled politely at him - but really, they must have been insulted by his remarks, his smugness.
Now we know why LHL is looking for PM material by the next election - Rear Teo certainly does not make the cut.

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big Nose Teo playing mind games with Sporeans.. 60% will be duped as usual by him and believing in every each of his words... Don't worry all you 60% Cb kias... we can do fine without the PAP..

Mandarin speaking people need an Emperor, someone to deny them rights and freedom, it is in their culture, they cannot stand having freedoms and rights.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mandarin speaking people need an Emperor, someone to deny them rights and freedom, it is in their culture, they cannot stand having freedoms and rights.

If that is case why have so many Sporeans left the red dot:confused: You can also include those from HK who had settled in Spore & have since made their way back to HK, or gone to Australia, etc. Even the PRC chinese don't call Spore home :rolleyes:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

This is almost a way of ignoring the change that is bound to happen. Its a good step, I just hope the next stage of fighting won't get too ugly.

With persistence, we can win. Win not for glory but for justice. Slowly but sure there will be change.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
They Can Say What They Want Because ...

[video=youtube;yF5jhwj-5Oo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF5jhwj-5Oo&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/video]

古语有云:有功夫,无懦夫。

I think most of you aren't trained in any form of martial arts. It's time you go to a gym and a martial art school to change you chicken hearts into lions' ! Or else 5 to ten years down the road, PAP will STILL be in power to tell you cowards off as and when they want to. You can't pull any trigger except the fascist telling you to.

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is case why have so many Sporeans left the red dot:confused: You can also include those from HK who had settled in Spore & have since made their way back to HK, or gone to Australia, etc. Even the PRC chinese don't call Spore home :rolleyes:

Those who left are English speaking people who value courtesy, freedom and human rights. Those from HK are what I am talking about exactly, they move from one dictatorship (HK) to another (SG). Even if they do move to Australia they will be back in HK before long again. The Mandarin speaking people cannot stand Western medicine, science, liberty, human rights, politeness, freedoms etc.

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spewing doomsday messages and scenarios seem to be his forte. So self-serving and utterly fluffy.The hunt for the next PM goes on! One down!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who left are English speaking people who value courtesy, freedom and human rights. Those from HK are what I am talking about exactly, they move from one dictatorship (HK) to another (SG). Even if they do move to Australia they will be back in HK before long again. The Mandarin speaking people cannot stand Western medicine, science, liberty, human rights, politeness, freedoms etc.

I met many of these Hongkies in one company I worked in. Many of them are looking for the same thing Sporeans are looking for, security, high quality of life for their families. Many of them have re-emigrated to countries like Australia.

Unfortunately not everyone can escape to Australia. I talked to some who was so unhappy with Spore that they are considering going back to HK:rolleyes: