• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Doorknob a painful plaything

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121008_094629_doorknob.jpg

Monday, Oct 08, 2012
MALACCA - Nine-year-old Muhd Danish Abbasy Mokhtar learnt the hard way not to play with the doorknob - his middle finger got stuck in the keyhole.

Firemen came to his rescue by cutting through the knob to free his finger, leaving the mischievous boy none the worse for wear except for a swollen finger.

However, he won't soon forget his two-hour ordeal.

His mother, Sharifah Nazahatul Akmal, 38, said Muhd Danish, the youngest of three siblings, was playing alone with the doorknob at around noon while she was preparing lunch.

"The doorknob in the room was loose. We have not been able to lock it properly.

"He must have detached part of the knob and played with it while I was busy cooking," she said when met at their home at Jalan Ujong Pasir here yesterday.

"I got a shock when he suddenly came to me with his left middle finger stuck in the knob but he was not crying," said Sharifah.

Muhd Danish, she said, had told her he had initially tried to free his finger by soaking his left hand in water but alerted her when it did not work.

She said she tried to free the finger by smearing it with soap and even oil.

However, after almost an hour of trying, Sharifah decided to call the Fire and Rescue Service Department.

Kubu Fire and Rescue operation chief Hashim Kaus said they had to use a small electronic cutter to slice through the knob.

During the delicate operation, firemen had to comfort the boy after he began to cry each time the cutter was used.

At about 2.30pm, the cutter finally broke through the knob, freeing Muhd Danish's finger.

Asked if he would play with the doorknob again, a visibly shaken Muhd Danish only shook his head.