• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Shenzhen have a main shopping belt equivalent to Shanghai Nanjing East Road ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or Beijing's Wang Fujing?

I plan to head back to Shenzhen again, this time when the weather is cooler. The last trip was too hot and it affected my shopping and sightseeing mood. I had to scutter for aircon departmental stores every few minutes.

This time I'm going to fly direct to Shenzhen, so Luohu subway is no longer my point of reference. If I'm coming from the airport, are there other famous shopping districts near the subways (apart from those nearby Luohu, of course) ?

I plan to skip Hong Kong and take a bus or ferry to Macau, if bus is possible at all.

Appreciate advice for seasoned travellers.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Does Shenzhen have a main shopping belt equivalent to Shanghai Nanjing East Road

no

they have shopping belts for trades more like sim lim square, a place which you can buy cheap laptop which may be fake, just like fake flash cards, but plenty of one eye jack softwares which you can acquire from the net.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Does Shenzhen have a main shopping belt equivalent to Shanghai Nanjing East Road

no

they have shopping belts for trades more like sim lim square, a place which you can buy cheap laptop which may be fake, just like fake flash cards, but plenty of one eye jack softwares which you can acquire from the net.

When I was there during summer, the subway @ Laojie 老街 was the main shopping district near Luohu and HK. They didn't just sell Sim Lim stuff, but fashion apparels as well.

But since I'm coming from airport this time, it's kind of far to go all the way to Laojie.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

you can head for any town and ask for the 步行街 which is = pasar malam but keep yr noze clean, plenty of pick pockets around n bag snatchers.