• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you know who she is?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try to avoid the locally produced dramas and variety shows. :wink:

I just can't watch a locally produced show for more than 5 minutes. I can understand the limited budget and scripts constrained by censorship requirements (no showing corrupt cops or civil servants, no foul language, no politics, no drugs, no sex, no gays, no gangs, etc.), but the acting is downright crap and gives me goose pimples.

Mediacorp acting has not improved one iota since the heyday of Huang Wenyong and Xiang Yun, and these two weren't particularly great either. Xie Shaoguang was probably the best of the lot, but he's left, and even he tends to over-exaggerate at times.

I don't know what kind of acting school Mediacorp runs and what kind of method acting they teach, but looking at the scores of great actors coming out of China, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and even Malaysia over the years, one can safely say that the cause of bad acting is probably not genetic.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just can't watch a locally produced show for more than 5 minutes. I can understand the limited budget and scripts constrained by censorship requirements (no showing corrupt cops or civil servants, no foul language, no politics, no drugs, no sex, no gays, no gangs, etc.), but the acting is downright crap and gives me goose pimples.

Mediacorp acting has not improved one iota since the heyday of Huang Wenyong and Xiang Yun, and these two weren't particularly great either. Xie Shaoguang was probably the best of the lot, but he's left, and even he tends to over-exaggerate at times.

I don't know what kind of acting school Mediacorp runs and what kind of method acting they teach, but looking at the scores of great actors coming out of China, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and even Malaysia over the years, one can safely say that the cause of bad acting is probably not genetic.
You know.... HK produce Stars (明星), Taiwan produces Singers (歌星) n you know what SG MediaCorpse produce??? Gorilla (猩猩)...

Since my time till now, the only female actress that I saw that have that kind of look is Pan LingLing only. Not even Fann Wong or that old ah sim Zoe Tay. But alas, she married to one old freak Huang Shinan. If she had gone to HK, with her looks she definitely can make it as long as she sacrifice herself...

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like what i said, SG dramas are really dramatic!!! MediaCorpse can never film something like 甄嬛传

There's not one single screenwriter in Singapore who can write the idiomatic and erudite dialogue in 甄嬛传. Our local Chinese standard is too fucked up (English and Malay too) to come up with a decent Chinese script.

Lack of money, crippling censorship, mediocre directors and actors, lousy casting, top-down production hierarchy, lack of originality, the unwritten rule that productions should be a part of 'national education' all contribute to the pathetic state of TV here. Pui!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since my time till now, the only female actress that I saw that have that kind of look is Pan LingLing only. Not even Fann Wong or that old ah sim Zoe Tay. But alas, she married to one old freak Huang Shinan. If she had gone to HK, with her looks she definitely can make it as long as she sacrifice herself...

She'd have made it if she had agreed to sleep with Jackie Chan. Alas ...

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local entertainment market very small, going back to China is a wise choice. Same goes for Singers and Sportsman, they have to leave to be successful.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's superb in 后宫甄嬛传. Singapore's loss.

Solid cast, wonderful acting, incredible set, beautiful costumes, great script. The series was a hit in China, HK & Taiwan, and, more recently, Japan.

Now the series is being condensed, translated into English and re-shoot certain screen for USA market.

HamCheePan

Alfrescian
Loyal
She popular because she got Singapore chop of approval, tiongs love anything Sin.

She is 孙俪, the winner of Star Search 2001 (才华横溢出新秀).

After winning, she saw no future with Channel 8 and went back to China to pursue her acting career.

12 years down the road and she's now the most popular actress in China. If she'd stayed with Channel 8, most likely she'll be a nobody.

Once again, it shows that real talents don't want to come or stay in Singapore.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
She'd have made it if she had agreed to sleep with Jackie Chan. Alas ...
You're right, that's what i meant....

Not only Jackie Chan, you look at Joey Yeung... Willing to spread her legs for Albert Yeung, now she's the Ah Jie in HK. Many female actress slept with bosses n then shoot to fame.... This is the entertainment industry!! Be it HK, Taiwan, China and even South Korea is the same...

But in SG it's too clean!!! I dun like Jack Neo, since his Liang Po Po day's i find him an idiot on the screen and his gags are just simply cheap but one thing he did i agree. "You want a role in my film, you lie on the bed n spread yr legs". The only thing Jack Neo was so cheap is that the girl she screwed was not up to the standard...

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right, that's what i meant....

Not only Jackie Chan, you look at Joey Yeung... Willing to spread her legs for Albert Yeung, now she's the Ah Jie in HK. Many female actress slept with bosses n then shoot to fame.... This is the entertainment industry!! Be it HK, Taiwan, China and even South Korea is the same...

But in SG it's too clean!!! I dun like Jack Neo, since his Liang Po Po day's i find him an idiot on the screen and his gags are just simply cheap but one thing he did i agree. "You want a role in my film, you lie on the bed n spread yr legs". The only thing Jack Neo was so cheap is that the girl she screwed was not up to the standard...

Ann Cock went to HK's casting couch also got no where...
Pretty face everywhere got....hk, roc, prc got many...
Singapore also can find pretty face but few can act.
Mediacorpse also not squeaky clean....many also sleep to climb....Qi Yiwu has to sleep with a guy some more to get movie deals (bit parts).....actress have to go holiday with CEO, chairman to further career, others A listers have to have powerful bfs to lean on the station....same same everywhere in entertainment.

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did she won the Star Search competition??? I remember she was out say in the semis or something which i can't recall... Her batch she was not the champion.

But the champion from her batch should be ashamed of himself/herself...

Like what i said, SG dramas are really dramatic!!! MediaCorpse can never film something like 甄嬛传

I think she was one of the winner that was offered a contract with Channel 8, but she turned it down and went back to China instead.

Last edited:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think our Channel 8 dare to bring in this hit serial, if they do, it'll be a slap in the face for Channel 8 :smile:

...Singapore MDA....akin to Mediocre...Daft...Apathetic...

Look at our actors and actresses...every now and then some will take sabbatical and claim to be away overseas doing some courses...I don"t see many happy faces there..

Somehow, their lives, career and destiny are stifled .Unlike their HK, Taiwan Korean counterparts, MDA artistes can never make to the top echelon in Hollywood..I think best among the crop is Xie Shau Kuang..who moved on the JB to live a recluse life.

All they need is to preserve and like a musical chair, they will take turns to win the top awards annually....

If u wait long enough, your turn will come..

I am sorry to put this in bad light ..But the truth is with a controlled media, there leave very little avenue for these aspiring ,youthful talent to express their true abilities and expression.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she made it. there are probably thousands of Chinese actresses prettier and more talented than her who never emerged out of obscurity in the very competitive Chinese TV industry.

jw5

Loyal

The problem is the same problem that envelopes sinkies and sinkieland - establishment mentality.

Real talent don't thrive in sinkieland. Those who are willing to porlumpar, kiss asses, do things against their conscience or are oblivious/deluded to what they are doing, will instead survive and thrive.

Could be that if the real talents thrive, it will only expose those who spend their time collecting toothpicks or who are clueless about ethical behavour in public service and instead boasts that nightspot freebies are entitlements of civil servants.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ann Cock went to HK's casting couch also got no where...
Pretty face everywhere got....hk, roc, prc got many...
Singapore also can find pretty face but few can act.
Mediacorpse also not squeaky clean....many also sleep to climb....Qi Yiwu has to sleep with a guy some more to get movie deals (bit parts).....actress have to go holiday with CEO, chairman to further career, others A listers have to have powerful bfs to lean on the station....same same everywhere in entertainment.
The problem is did Ann Cock willing to lie on the bed first?

Ya, pretty face are everywhere. Some dun have the chance, some have the chance but doesn't know how to grab hold.

Even if a actress sleep with some CEO or film Director's in SG, useless!!! Unlike HK, in HK you sleep with the right person, you can shoot to stardom overnight.... It's all about packaging an artist!!!