• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you agree that Straits Times compared Lee Kuan Yew with Nelson Mandela and Obama?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Do you agree that Straits Times compared Lee Kuan Yew with Nelson Mandela and Oba

LKY is head and shoulders above Mandela.

LKY built a nation. Mandela destroyed what was once a great country.

amen, i agree. just using your clone tonychat.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Do you agree that Straits Times compared Lee Kuan Yew with Nelson Mandela and Oba

How can OBAMA, MANDELA and LKY be on the same league ?

OBAMA, has to save the whole world
MANDELA , save the blacks from extinction in Africa and have to go jail for 25 years
LKY, famously say that he will jump out from coffin to save Singapore (only ) and Sue and jail all his opponents for decades and he still feels he is right

Putting LKY side by side with Obama and Mandela, one has all the blood in his hands. The other 2, people owe it to them.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Since when was South Africa ever called a 'great' country during the Apartheid era and by whom?

It was ostracized by the rest of the world during apartheid but it stood on its own two feet and was world class in many areas. The first successful heart transplant was performed in South Africa. It also had a very advanced arms industry developed because of the arms embargo emposed by the UN.

The country even made great movies.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Gods Must Be Crazy was definitely one hilarious zany movie. A Bushman was the star of the movie and mixed plot that was captivating and screen-riveting. Bloody loved that movie. That was creativity at its best!

Yes. I was told by an Indian Gujarat who grew up in Zimbabwe how a mighty country South-Africa was. Was told it even was nuclear-capable but had its nukes shipped to the US when the Black Government came into power.

Cheers!

It was ostracized by the rest of the world during apartheid but it stood on its own two feet and was world class in many areas. The first successful heart transplant was performed in South Africa. It also had a very advanced arms industry developed because of the arms embargo emposed by the UN.

The country even made great movies.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

The ST (or any publication) can compare whoever to who/whatever they wish to. In my opinion, of the three mentioned here, LKY had the easiest job among them. No big social, ethnic, religious chasms in Peesai, no natural calamities. Obedient citizens, benign opposition, interested and eager foreign investors, almost fully up and running instituitions when the colonial rulers left. I'd end with saying that his job was a piece of cake compared with other national leaders.

Cheers!

Dear brothers and sisters,

do you agree that Straits Times compares Lee Kuan Yew with Nelson Mandel and Obama?

I do not agree because....
please give me your reasons.

http://newnation.sg/2013/12/wtf-str...ad-to-put-lee-kuan-yews-photo-in-the-article/

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The ST (or any publication) can compare whoever to who/whatever they wish to. In my opinion, of the three mentioned here, LKY had the easiest job among them. No big social, ethnic, religious chasms in Peesai, no natural calamities. Obedient citizens, benign opposition, interested and eager foreign investors, almost fully up and running instituitions when the colonial rulers left. I'd end with saying that his job was a piece of cake compared with other national leaders.

Cheers!

Sinkieland only a tiny dot....how to compare?

“Who is this ridiculous man who wastes my time? Running Singapore is like running Marseilles. I am running a whole country!”

- Former French President Francois Mitterand on Singapore's Supreme Leader Lee Kuan Yew who tried to give him a "lecture" on how to govern France during the duo's meeting in the 1990s.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkieland only a tiny dot....how to compare?

“Who is this ridiculous man who wastes my time? Running Singapore is like running Marseilles. I am running a whole country!”

- Former French President Francois Mitterand on Singapore's Supreme Leader Lee Kuan Yew who tried to give him a "lecture" on how to govern France during the duo's meeting in the 1990s.

Yup. The Old Fart is nothing more than a tiny strand of Nelson Mandela's ass hair.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal

He made a change to some people BUT not in the numbers as great as Mandela, nor Obama, nor Mao, nor Ghandi.

Recognition wise, I would think he deserves some but not in the same stage.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

He made a change to some people BUT not in the numbers as great as Mandela, nor Obama, nor Mao, nor Ghandi.

Recognition wise, I would think he deserves some but not in the same stage.

If you had been following the other thread on what the Old Fart did for Japanese Imperial Army during WW2, u wouldn't be making such a comment. To save u time in reading that thread, the gist is that the Old Fart was a traitor to his own countrymen. He worked for the Kempetai as a translator which is just an euphemism for an informant. He sold out many of our forefathers to the Japanese for execution. He continued with such evil deeds when he went into politics, betraying people like Lim Chin Siong, Chia Thye Poh after making use of them, and later did the same who helped him up such as Dr Toh Chin Chye, E W Barker, Things have come one full circle, He is now betraying Singaporeans in favor of foreigners just as he did to our fathers and grandfathers in Japanese occupied Singapore. Can such a person be held to comparison to Mandela? It's absolute rubbish.

jw5

Loyal

If you had been following the other thread on what the Old Fart did for Japanese Imperial Army during WW2, u wouldn't be making such a comment. To save u time in reading that thread, the gist is that the Old Fart was a traitor to his own countrymen. He worked for the Kempetai as a translator which is just an euphemism for an informant. He sold out many of our forefathers to the Japanese for execution. He continued with such evil deeds when he went into politics, betraying people like Lim Chin Siong, Chia Thye Poh after making use of them, and later did the same who helped him up such as Dr Toh Chin Chye, E W Barker, Things have come one full circle, He is now betraying Singaporeans in favor of foreigners just as he did to our fathers and grandfathers in Japanese occupied Singapore. Can such a person be held to comparison to Mandela? It's absolute rubbish.

freedalas, you would be amazed if I told you what the Balless Man's other moniker was. :eek:

jw5

Loyal

It's the same mudderfucker who started the attached thread.
Over the internet, always be careful who to believe. Don't be taken in by those pretending to be against establishment, but are secretly helping or admiring them.

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?89550-The-Chen-Show-Mao-Affair

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

well mandela is dead and lky will join him soon. but their destination certainly could not be more different lol

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

well mandela is dead and lky will join him soon. but their destination certainly could not be more different lol

What fucking talk you that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY be joining Mandela?
Mandela is a hero of the world and gone to a far better place.

LKY is nothing but a smear of shit on sole of shoe who bullied and fucked sinkies , from the very young and new born to the very very old with no fucking mercy at all.

There are gangs of demons and ghouls with pricks of cactus all waiting for LKY to go to them to be fucked and raped and tiewed and send to the lowest hell.

LKY will not even be given time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax.

Which is why I offer that to him from kindness of my heart so he can eat that earlier as when he die, he get no fucking chance

4384613-burning-joss-sticks-at-the-temple.jpg

China-DSC_6922.jpg

Above for smear of shit on sole of shoe to eat and enjoy now.
When that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY go die his long painful agonising death, the ghouls and demons will be raping and screwing him and not allow him time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax.

HE BETTER START EATING THOSE JOSS STICKS AND CANDLE WAX NOW NOW NOW

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is wrong to compare a dictator with a nationalist and a democrat.
It is wrong to compare a traitor with a patriot.