• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do u think Jamaicans are on drugs??

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually there are a couple of crews in Singapore who have been heavily into Drum and Bass and various incarnations for over a decade - but typically they had not featured much in the mainstream press - Jonathan Kiat and Syndicate have been on the local circuit for years but as you can imagine the pool of punters is very small and its hard to get clubspace to hold such nights especially when numbers cannot be guaranteed - its all about how much can they attract so venues have been much smaller and occasional.

Its also unlikely that any local is ever gonna be able to replicate the soul of dancehall in their singkie accent - it sounds right when it done by someone who has a patois-tinged accent regardless of race or someone who can mimic it well - if any of those clowns from Mediacorp tried to do it it's be like Biggie said "emcee gives the runs dripping".

Always admired the Japanese approach - if they like something - its full-on 100% - regardless of genre they are hardcore and not temperamental in their pursuit to replicate....

If you wanna roll it back, then its Supercat, Buju Banton, Elephant Man, Beanie Man et al.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4570rK7iU

The Yardies have a huge drug network in the UK hence the special dedicated Operation Trident unit - used to be very strong particularly in South London, Birmingham and Manchester - then the gangs of Albanian/Kosovans started arriving in London groomed by the Turks who run North London coupled together with the Chinese mainlanders which led to an all-out struggle for the drug trade:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2002/nov/21/drugsandalcohol.drugs

Do those drum and bass heads know anything about dancehall? Yup unlikely any sinkie could replicate the patois and JA accent.

Supercat is a real badman dj did you hear about him actually killing his rival nitty gritty in new york. buju banton is in jail for drug charges. Ninja man just got released from jail but the one that got it worst of all is vybz kartel leader of gaza which usain bolt has been repping with the W hand sign with the 3 swedish chicks. Kartel is in jail for allegedly killing 2 people. Elephantman isn't that old school although he's been around for quite a while. Beenieman still going on strong.

One of my favourite clashes involved papa san vs lt stitchie both are real old school.

http://youtu.be/00-5roNEn08

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoa - this is off the hook - thanks for drop.

I believe the Kiat crew are into dancehall as well but I don't think there is enough of an appreciative audience here for them to delve too much into it - I dig the dub masters like Mad Professor as well...remember in the old days of Camden Market on the farside of the canal there would be a raggamuffin crew playing loud dubs whilst watching Shaolin temple movies....good old times....

I'm not sure anymore
Who is knocking at my door, door
Now the places that I knew
Jah mon tis so sunny and blue

Now I-man can ah see it in the sky, sky
Tenor Saw has already die, die
Ah mi seh mi oh mi oh my my
I say I man haffi feel it and I man haffi cry

When them ah go stop kill off them superstar
Bob Marley die, Jacob Miller die
Them kill Tenor Saw and them dus' out free I
Now they want to test the Apache, I, I
But Desert Eagle will have to fly, fly

Nuff man have died, ah mi say nuff man a died
Nuff man ah died, ah mi say muff man have died
Massa God, mi seh don't ask me why
Many more ah go suffer many more ah go die
Jesus Savior wha dem crucify
Man dem fling him pon de cross an' all dat crucify
Crucify Jesus, fi save ya weh

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah raggamuffin. Old school vibes. Nowadays sounds still do dub fi dub for soundclash.

You should check out david rodigan. He's literally a walking encyclopedia on dancehall, reggae, dubs etc. He's a white man and speaks in a british accent but gets mad forwards (cheers) from the crowd even when he clashes jamaican sound systems.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jamaicans a do dem shout out. Bolt a shout out gaza.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eyAETMX5WQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
They Won't Tell You About Drugs

I mean just 10 yrs ago they were no bodys in atheletics.

Now they have many , not just Bolt, who are thrashing the blacks from USA/UK etc...

200m - all 3 medal winners from Jamaica.

Sounds and smells fishy

It seems everyone in the west is on some kind of drugs to give them the head start. The more massive you are, the more power you can get from those muscles.

So, did Carl Lewis 'accused' Usain Bolt for using drugs to get his medals ?

hi-res-103903901_crop_exact.jpg

When Usain Bolt destroyed the competition in the 200m final on Thursday night, he secured his place as the greatest Olympic sprinter in history, surpassing the achievements of Carl Lewis.

But far from citing the American as an inspiration, in the aftermath of his victory, Bolt criticised Lewis, the only other man to win two 100m gold medals. "I'm going to say something controversial right now, Carl Lewis – I have no respect for him," Bolt said. His outburst was undoubtedly provoked by the American's comments after Bolt's success in Beijing, when he implied that Jamaica had lax drug testing rules.

"Countries like Jamaica do not have a random [drugs testing] programme, so they can go months without being tested," he said. Asked before the London Games what he thought of Bolt, Lewis added: "It's just... interesting. I watch the results like everyone else and wait... for time to tell." Bolt's rejoinder, after he surpassed Lewis' record of two 100m golds, a 200m gold and a silver, was searing. "He is just looking for attention because nobody really talks much about him. It was really sad for me when I heard what he was saying, it was upsetting," said Bolt.

"I've lost all respect for him. It was all about drugs stuff for me. For an athlete to be out of the sport saying that was really upsetting."

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: They Won't Tell You About Drugs

Yes, Carl Lewis implied Usain and Jamaicans in general are on drugs. That statement is enough and deserves the blunt retort from Usain.
Carl Lewis is the reason for Ben Johnson's downfall. The IOC and the sports community had to destroy Ben Johnson so that Carl Lewis image as the American legend is preserved.

Compare that to what Michael Johnson said about Usain Bolt... that is a true sportsman.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Michael Johnson is a sports agent, not Carl Lewis, both Carl and Shirley Babbashoff were directly impacted by drug cheats and they were the only 2 who spoke publicly about it. They were shunned for it but Lewis because he achieved much more was could not be sidelined. Babbashoff got 10 silvers and the gold went to Eas Germans who were subsequently discdited. She became postwomen delivering letters because she said that they all spoke like men in changing room - a tell tale sign.

jamaica's coach Glen Mills has been associated with drugs. The fact that the Jamaicans avoid the US including going as far as not having a banking trail or accounts is quite telling.

Its does not mean that all are on brugs for competition but raiises questions. The best thing going for them is their exemplary domination in this field.

Bolt made it worse by raising this issue.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Michael Johnson is a sports agent, not Carl Lewis, both Carl and Shirley Babbashoff were directly impacted by drug cheats and they were the only 2 who spoke publicly about it. They were shunned for it but Lewis because he achieved much more was could not be sidelined. Babbashoff got 10 silvers and the gold went to Eas Germans who were subsequently discdited. She became postwomen delivering letters because she said that they all spoke like men in changing room - a tell tale sign.

jamaica's coach Glen Mills has been associated with drugs. The fact that the Jamaicans avoid the US including going as far as not having a banking trail or accounts is quite telling.

Its does not mean that all are on brugs for competition but raiises questions. The best thing going for them is their exemplary domination in this field.

Bolt made it worse by raising this issue.

Carl Lewis doesnt have the physique of a drug cheat.
He looks skinny but well toned.

Contrast to Ben Johnson and all the Jamaicans; they look more like weight lifters/body builders than runners

PekSanTeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the local village idiot passed by and muttered that since 1948, they got 61 olympics medal, 60 in Athletics and 16 are gold. We fucked him for dreaming. Must be on ganja.

They have the pedigree. No doubt.

The question we should be asking is why didn't we import them instead of the bronze medalists? Even our sports import programme is screwed up.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Carl Lewis doesnt have the physique of a drug cheat.
He looks skinny but well toned.

Contrast to Ben Johnson and all the Jamaicans; they look more like weight lifters/body builders than runners

Carl Lewis: "The reality is that if I were running now, and had the performances I had in my past, I would expect [doping critics] to say something. I wouldn't even be offended at the question. So when people ask me about Bolt, I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don't question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you're a fool. Period."

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course many of them are on performance drugs. Their coach has a few of his runners embroiled in doping before. Even Yohan Blake was caught but was let off on a technicality because the drug he took was not on the list of banned drugs. These people stay ahead of the anti doping programs easily. Why do you think Bolt slows down in many of his races? The truth is that with the performance enhancing drugs in his body he could potentially run a 9.45 if he went all out in all of his races. Then it will really raise eyebrows. They are doped beyond a shadow of a doubt.

PekSanTeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

114 of America's Olympic competitors, 19 of whom won medals, failed drugs tests over a period of 12 years. Yet the U. S. Olympic Committee did nothing to prevent them from taking part. The great Carl Lewis is allegedly one of them.

Does this mean he is discredited and we should not listen to Carl Lewis? Or does this mean he really knows what he is talking about when it comes to drug cheats at the highest level. The size of his torso does not mean he did not take drugs. A body builders torso is going to come if you use the muscle buildling steroids like Stanozolol, which is what Ben Johnson did. And that was 1988. Drugs have come a long way since then.

I think that at the very top level, they are almost all on steroids. Not just track athletes but also especially cyclists.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

114 of America's Olympic competitors, 19 of whom won medals, failed drugs tests over a period of 12 years. Yet the U. S. Olympic Committee did nothing to prevent them from taking part. The great Carl Lewis is allegedly one of them.

A body builders torso is going to come if you use the muscle buildling steroids like Stanozolol, which is what Ben Johnson did. And that was 1988. Drugs have come a long way since then.

I think that at the very top level, they are almost all on steroids. Not just track athletes but also especially cyclists.

I agree. No steroid, no great bodybuilder. The problem with steroids usage is addiction to them psychologically.

[video=youtube;mP5u-iM1qTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5u-iM1qTw[/video]