• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do u Mind...I Mind!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 21 Mar, 2009 08:36
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Man sets bad example for son, refusing to give up seat for elderly

What kind of example is this man setting for his young son seated next to him, wonders a STOMPer, who allegedly approached the former to give up his priority seat to an old woman.

Ben was appalled by this.

He emailed STOMP on Mar 21 and said:

"It was a rainy afternoon when I boarded the ever crowded train at Dhoby Ghaut. I was dismayed by the sight of a father and son, both sitting on priority seats not willing to give up their seats to a frail old lady.

"Thinking that he may be too engrossed in his papers, I tapped him and asked,” do you mind giving up your seat to someone who needs it more than you? You are on priority seats.” With the papers in his hands, he looked at me briefly and replied nonchalantly, “I mind.”

"I mean, I’ve read of cases like such on stomp and I wished id never had to witness it myself. It was the most disgusting sight I witnessed in a long while. He looked like a nice educated man. Sadly, he’s only educated in his head and not in his heart.

"Worst of all, he was with his son. There are times we question the educational system in Singapore. But seriously, what are some parents teaching their own children?

"As the old lady refused for her picture to be taken, I have taken photos of the father and son on priority seats. I sincerely hope that photographs of them would be published! The ugly Singaporeans. Whats worse? He’s an ugly father!

"Honestly, the best part of this social experiment, everyone saw but no one but another “auntie” who gave up her own seat."

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Priority seats are meant to be given up for others who need the seats more.
This is one fucking ugly father. I bet he is a Christian too. LOL.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder if some of my fellow Singaporeans have so
much taken from them, that they resent giving up anything at all.

I pity people like these in the photo. They are basically not human.
And the worst thing is they don't know.:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If more and more such as this news come out in stomp/news. Next time all people will scare.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is within his right not to give up his seat.

whether him being human or compassionate or whatsoever should be another matter.

of course, he should similarly take the public flak (if any) that comes along with his decision.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is within his right not to give up his seat.

whether him being human or compassionate or whatsoever should be another matter.

of course, he should similarly take the public flak (if any) that comes along with his decision.

I think you miss the point here. The seats he and that child are sitting on are what LTA classify on the notice on the wall of the train at the seats that those are PRIORITY SEATS and passengers are told to kindly give up your seats for those who need the seats more.

If a pregnant or mother with a child on her arm or an elderly folk is near the seats, then it is expected for those sitting to give the seats up. There is no such a thing as within his right. He has no right, as far as LTA is concerned.

That is why the Stomper is bold enough to take his pic and post his ugly face up for identification.

I think I know who this bastard is. He goes to a church with his family, just like so many holier-than thou Christian farts.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you miss the point here. The seats he and that child are sitting on are what LTA classify on the notice on the wall of the train at the seats that those are PRIORITY SEATS and passengers are told to kindly give up your seats for those who need the seats more.

If you go to any train, almost 30-40% of the seats have that priority seat labelling. With trains being usually crowded, how fair is it pushing the onus to tired ordinary citizens to give up their seats :confused:

The males are already burdened with NS, now we are expected to stand in the trains. During my NS days, priority seating went to those paying full fare. NS guys were given cheaper fares BUT they catch was they were expected to give up their seats.

If SMRT REALLY cared, they would run more frequent trains instead of just simply stick those priority labels :rolleyes:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before rushing to condemn this man, we should examine the available evidence. What we have are:
  • the stomper's account of what happened, including apparently the 'victim's' refusal to have her photo taken;
  • pictures showing a man reading a newspaper while sitting on a priority seat in the MRT.

The pictures do nothing to illustrate the stomper's claims and seems to have been posted for no other reason than to embarrass the subject. Indeed, it is telling that the stomper did not even manage to get a shot of him reacting to being photographed.

So, damn the act the man allegedly committed but be careful to agree too readily with his accuser.

Priority seats are meant to be given up for others who need the seats more.
This is one fucking ugly father. I bet he is a Christian too. LOL.

breakingfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm just an idea. Can SMRT just replaced the priority seat with a foldable seat that can only be activated to fold down by a person holding a senior consession card. Just let some poly final yr students take up this "project"..should be quite easy to design i believe.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm just an idea. Can SMRT just replaced the priority seat with a foldable seat that can only be activated to fold down by a person holding a senior consession card. Just let some poly final yr students take up this "project"..should be quite easy to design i believe.

shall we add another category for pregnant women and disabled people?

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

You will be paying for the design and the usage by our senior, DO YOU MIND??

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamah, this father is equally old and he needed the seat too. BTW, who say priority got 2 seats, cant you all see the sign above the seat only pointing to one seat which is on the your left.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamah, this father is equally old and he needed the seat too. BTW, who say priority got 2 seats, cant you all see the sign above the seat only pointing to one seat which is on the your left.

actually, it does not matter if there are one or two priority seats. If one is sincere in giving up the seat for the needy, not priority seat also can volunteer. If one is not willing to give up his or her seat, why bother got sign or not.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmmm just an idea. Can SMRT just replaced the priority seat with a foldable seat that .......

Why would SMRT want to do that?

They are more likely to take out the seats to maximise standing room than to do help the old. I think some people misunderstand the concept of public transportation in Spore. Its all about profit.