• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do SG women ever cook nowadays?

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just had a 5th year gathering reunion with my sec school Friends, I'm surprised that none oF them cooks!!! When asked why, they said too troublesome, don't like to wash etc etc... I'm aghast!!!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore women are brought up with maids. They have no domestic skills. Those who have lived overseas may have learnt cooking out of necessity without ever coming to enjoy it. A Singapore woman is basically there to bring in an income. If she can't do that and can't cook she is basically useless. The best thing she can do is doll herself up and con some clueless angmo with an Asian fetish into marrying her. I am aghast Singapore guys are so dumb as to consider these wife material.

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife can cook but she is not a Sinkie. However because of her hakka upbringing all her dishes taste so blend to a cantonist like me :(

jw5

Loyal
I just had a 5th year gathering reunion with my sec school Friends, I'm surprised that none oF them cooks!!! When asked why, they said too troublesome, don't like to wash etc etc... I'm aghast!!!

Very pleased to note that you posted "none of them cookS".

Many would have posted "none of them cook".

Please note that when you use "none of" even if followed by "them", this should be followed by the singular verb. :p

Sunstreaker

Alfrescian
Loyal
people too lazy to cook nowadays. even those do nothing housewives choose to buy dishes from the mixed rice stall for dinner, not cooking for their husband and kids.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. most of sheep gals that i meet.
2. not only cannot cook, does not know how to housekeeping, wash or whatever.
3. definitely dead in bed!
4. honest, damn lousy bj too.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most of them are not married or don't have kids?

Majority of married women with kids know how to cook. Else can't even teach the maid.

Women who can't cook will eventually shorten their natural lifespan by stuffing themselves with too much unhealthy food. Their genes will also end with their lives as they can't raise decent kids. Evolution is unforgiving.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most families are small and many with one kid or none at all. Why bother to cook after arriving home from work at dinnertime?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am married with 4 younger school age children, and most of the time (at least 4 to 5 times a week), I, rather than my wife, prepare and cook dinner.
Sat - bbq or baked (with lemon slices) dill 1.5 to 2 pounds of salmon fillets, one cup of steamed Thai fragrant rice, steamed or stir fried broccoli and cauliflower
Sun - lunch is usually pizza at home, if we do not eat a buffet meal at a restaurant, dinner is usually poached sole or cod or baked chicken breasts, boiled potatoes, stir fried red peppers and spinach
Mon - similar to Sat
Tue - either bbq striploin steak or boneless skinless breasts, boiled potatoes, steamed or stir fried green beans or wife prepares stewed boneless lamb leg (a pot for 2 dinners)
Wed - pasta with mixed beans or pasta with stir fried green beans or asparagus (when in season) with shrimps in sun dried tomato basil pesto sauce
Thu - similar to Tue, but not steak twice a week
Fri - perogies (in Polish) or varenyky (Ukrainian) with potatoes and cheese filling or saukraut filling, or similar to Wed, or lasagna with salad