• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dirty Taekwondo ruling in Asian Games

jw5

Loyal
I've been following this news quite closely on the Taiwan news programs.
The webpage is also obviously started by a Taiwanese.
It's quite clear from the webpage and the news reports that Yang was not wearing the "extra sensors" when the match was stopped.

But my question is why she was wearing the extra sensors before the match and only took them off when told to do so. Could this be the basis that the judges disqualified her? Because they obviously can't disqualify her on the basis that she was wearing the sensors during the match, unless they are really damn bold.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been following this news quite closely on the Taiwan news programs.
The webpage is also obviously started by a Taiwanese.
It's quite clear from the webpage and the news reports that Yang was not wearing the "extra sensors" when the match was stopped.

But my question is why she was wearing the extra sensors before the match and only took them off when told to do so. Could this be the basis that the judges disqualified her? Because they obviously can't disqualify her on the basis that she was wearing the sensors during the match, unless they are really damn bold.

The last part when saw the China Chinese official putting his finger to his closed mouth to tell the Taiwanese coach to keep quite, make me sick.

Look at the Chinese officials face. I hate the damn fuck Communist China....a batch of liers, maker of poison milk, toys, fake products, fake kung fu, fuck cunt etc. I never step into China ....only Hong Kong and Macau bec. they have been "civilized" by the British and Portugese.....the rest of China are just barbaric.

After this incident, I tend to side Taiwan to become an INDEPENDENT COUNTRY for the communists are more corrupted than the nationalists, period.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
she was using extra sensors to gain additional point. she was told to remove the extra sensors prior the match

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Taiwanese Yang and the Chinese Wu (eventual gold medalist) were expected to feature in the final for the weight category. Korea did not have any athlete contesting in the category.

And the senior official who called for the contest to be stopped with 12 seconds left? Zhao Lei - a Chinese WTF official - who is Wu's mentor!!

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last part when saw the China Chinese official putting his finger to his closed mouth to tell the Taiwanese coach to keep quite, make me sick.

Look at the Chinese officials face. I hate the damn fuck Communist China....a batch of liers, maker of poison milk, toys, fake products, fake kung fu, fuck cunt etc. I never step into China ....only Hong Kong and Macau bec. they have been "civilized" by the British and Portugese.....the rest of China are just barbaric.

After this incident, I tend to side Taiwan to become an INDEPENDENT COUNTRY for the communists are more corrupted than the nationalists, period.

communist china is making my blood boiling again.what the bloody hell!!!

communist china barbaric action world wide well known.that's why i already said, don't pro communist china too much.they are communist in nature.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo4_vp5M1_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo4_vp5M1_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVKrMNQdGgc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVKrMNQdGgc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Z

Zombie

she was using extra sensors to gain additional point. she was told to remove the extra sensors prior the match

i think:
the taiwan coach would have known the rules, and they did not declare the "illegal" extra sensor.
letting her continue does not mean that she is forgiven. the officials have the right to disqualify her anytime before, during and after the game.

Z

Zombie

And the senior official who called for the contest to be stopped with 12 seconds left? Zhao Lei - a Chinese WTF official - who is Wu's mentor!!

but in the video, ATU Hong from Korea was seen as the one in control :confused:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
the corrupted communist party china!!!have a look guys!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY06SKULi7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY06SKULi7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

hokkienpeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
communist china is making my blood boiling again.what the bloody hell!!!

communist china barbaric action world wide well known.that's why i already said, don't pro communist china too much.they are communist in nature.

Most mainland Chinese do not have a mind of their own. Despite suffering through decades of brutal and inhuman misrule under the Communist Party, they would still unquestioningly swallow whatever crap that the Communist Party feeds them.

Mainland Chinese also value blind patriotism above everything else. When it comes to matters involving nationalistic pride, it's impossible to reason with them, and this includes college students and professionals.

Here's an article from yesterday's NYT, making the point that the Chinese government today is even more small-minded than the Burmese junta or the Soviet and Polish governments during the cold war:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/world/asia/19nobel.html

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think:
the taiwan coach would have known the rules, and they did not declare the "illegal" extra sensor.
letting her continue does not mean that she is forgiven. the officials have the right to disqualify her anytime before, during and after the game.

the extra sensor in the very first place was not illegal. they were approved under the old model and is suitable to be used for competition till 2012 May. i believe the ruling has changed in asian game and so the 2 sensor behind was no longer there in the new model. BUT OLD MODEL IS STILL ALLOWED. The official requested her to remove the 2 sensors after the inspection which she did. the whole match was fought without the so call illegal sensors. 6 of her points to the head was awarded by side judges manually without the aid of the electronic sensors. only 1 points was awarded for turning kick and 1 for backthrust (which should be 2 thus the taiwan side stop the match and request it to be added manually).

So all in total the socks only register 2 points and 7 of it was awarded manually by the judge. i wonder what kind of pride china had for winning this gold medal

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
rubbish she is clearly winning. i suspect this is mere political
She was leading 9 points to nil against her Vietnamese opponent when the match was stopped and she was disqualified.
If the basis of the disqualification was that she was wearing extra sensors during the bout, that is clearly bogus, since video evidence shows that she had taken them off before the start of the bout.

But what if the officials claim that she was going to wear the extra sensors and had to be told to take them off? This is something that the Taiwanese have to answer for, but as expected, the news reports have skimmed over this point.

My take on this is that the officials were indeed looking to give the Taiwanese gold medal hopeful trouble, and they conveniently found a reason to find fault, through the Taiwanese's mistake of wearing the extra sensors before the bout. As for whether the latter act was deliberate or accidental, only they know.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i read the reason giving by the WTF perm gen for disqualifying her. its really ridiculous, he keep twist and turn his stories. initially said its cause of the extra sensor, then said she attached the sensor wrongly.

i have a feeling those 2 officials from china and korea are going to be in for a big time and summoned by the olympic community

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sites.google.com/site/dirtytaekwondo2010/

China and Korea ganged up on Taiwan (or rather Chinese Taipei)

The Video clip was edited. If they wanted you to make an informed judgment, they would have shown you the entire clip as it was.

Ask yourself why would the main judge whom is a Korean disqualify the participant? He is on TV and the international community can see his judgment, I am very sure he will not throw his reputation away for an alleged assumed bribe from China? :rolleyes:

Z

Zombie

Ask yourself why would the main judge whom is a Korean disqualify the participant?

the decision was confirmed by a 5-member WTF technical committee.. and WTF sec-gen Yang stood by that decision..

how did china play cheat with so many people from different places? esp with this korean Yang who is US citizen?

there is another possibility:
taiwan did not add the extra sensors during the pre-match inspection (not in video), but they added them just before the game starts..
the officials found out the extra sensors during a quick check (as in video) and asked taiwan to remove them..

vampire

The Video clip was edited. If they wanted you to make an informed judgment, they would have shown you the entire clip as it was.

Ask yourself why would the main judge whom is a Korean disqualify the participant? He is on TV and the international community can see his judgment, I am very sure he will not throw his reputation away for an alleged assumed bribe from China? :rolleyes:

I remembered on that website, they have an entire and unedited clip as the first clip.
However, it has currently exceeded its page view limit at this time, so I cannot access that website to make sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPcXA0AMMc
Here is the entire clip as it was

As you can see:
2:00 (Before game) Both sides were testing the electronic socks

2:10 (Before game) Someone outside the field told the referee that Yang's (Taiwan) socks has some problem.

2:37 (Before game) Yang went downstairs immediately, left the field, and took off 2 sensors from her socks.

2:46 (Before game) Yang's coach put the sensors taken off from Yang near the chair.

3:06 The referee started the game, which means that the equipment of both sides are LEGIT, LEGAL, no problems at all.

5:38 Someone out of the field stopped the game and asked Yang to come over. (Yang v.s. her rival = 9:0; only 12 seconds remained before Yang won.)

6:12 Hong (Korean, in black suit) inspected Yang's socks and did NOT see any sensor he wanted.

6:29 Hong (Korean in black suit) asked the referee to take the sensors near the coach's chair

6:38 The referee went to Yang's coach & Yang's coach picked up the sensors near his chair.

6:50 The referee gave the sensors obtained from the coach to Hong (Korean in black).

6:56 Hong (Korean in black) waved the sensors taken from the coach.

7:01 Another one in suit came to check the sensors.

7:18 Hong (Korean) and Chao (coach of China, in black) were talking, checking sensors. [Note] Yang is considered as the biggest obstacle of
China's player to win gold medal for the game of 49-kg level.

7:45 Hong (Korean in black) hold the sensors & Chao (coach of China) looked
at the sensors, which is the most disgusting scene in Asia Olympics.

There is one more thing needs to be clarify: even though the socks has the two sensors on it, they are not illegal sensors. They are supposed to be with the socks. They are authorized by the WTF until May 2012 as vamjok posted.

vampire

the decision was confirmed by a 5-member WTF technical committee.. and WTF sec-gen Yang stood by that decision..

how did china play cheat with so many people from different places? esp with this korean Yang who is US citizen?

there is another possibility:
taiwan did not add the extra sensors during the pre-match inspection (not in video), but they added them just before the game starts..
the officials found out the extra sensors during a quick check (as in video) and asked taiwan to remove them..

As vamjok posted those sensors are supposed to be with the socks. They are not extra added. If those are added during the pre-match inspection, how can the she passed the pre-match inspection?

http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/32976479/IssueID/20101120

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered on that website, they have an entire and unedited clip as the first clip.
However, it has currently exceeded its page view limit at this time, so I cannot access that website to make sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPcXA0AMMc
Here is the entire clip as it was

As you can see:
2:00 (Before game) Both sides were testing the electronic socks

2:10 (Before game) Someone outside the field told the referee that Yang's (Taiwan) socks has some problem.

2:37 (Before game) Yang went downstairs immediately, left the field, and took off 2 sensors from her socks.

2:46 (Before game) Yang's coach put the sensors taken off from Yang near the chair.

3:06 The referee started the game, which means that the equipment of both sides are LEGIT, LEGAL, no problems at all.

5:38 Someone out of the field stopped the game and asked Yang to come over. (Yang v.s. her rival = 9:0; only 12 seconds remained before Yang won.)

6:12 Hong (Korean, in black suit) inspected Yang's socks and did NOT see any sensor he wanted.

6:29 Hong (Korean in black suit) asked the referee to take the sensors near the coach's chair

6:38 The referee went to Yang's coach & Yang's coach picked up the sensors near his chair.

6:50 The referee gave the sensors obtained from the coach to Hong (Korean in black).

6:56 Hong (Korean in black) waved the sensors taken from the coach.

7:01 Another one in suit came to check the sensors.

7:18 Hong (Korean) and Chao (coach of China, in black) were talking, checking sensors. [Note] Yang is considered as the biggest obstacle of
China's player to win gold medal for the game of 49-kg level.

7:45 Hong (Korean in black) hold the sensors & Chao (coach of China) looked
at the sensors, which is the most disgusting scene in Asia Olympics.

There is one more thing needs to be clarify: even though the socks has the two sensors on it, they are not illegal sensors. They are supposed to be with the socks. They are authorized by the WTF until May 2012 as vamjok posted.

hahaha... good videos!!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEZGP9_iDjA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEZGP9_iDjA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lp0Gn8OQXmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lp0Gn8OQXmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Z

Zombie

As vamjok posted those sensors are supposed to be with the socks. They are not extra added. If those are added during the pre-match inspection, how can the she passed the pre-match inspection?

http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/32976479/IssueID/20101120

this is what i gather
new type "socks+sensors" has lesser sensors than old type "socks+sensors", both WTF approved gears..
but to be fair, asian games allowed the old type "socks+sensors" to be used ONLY IF they carry the same number of sensors as the new type "socks+sensors" ie the sensors at the heel must be removed at this asian games..

this is the procedure
a) sometimes before the match, the players are to present the gears (ie not weaing them) to the officials for inspection (this part is never shown in any video)..
b) then the players will go and prepare themselves (ie put on the gears and wait for the games)
c) just before the bout, the officials will have a quick check again (as you see in the video)

it is possible (i guess) that
Taiwan removed the heel-sensors at (a) to get it approved,
then put the heel-sensors on during (b),
hoping that they can get through (c) and if not, they think at most they get a fine..