• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dierct Marketing Campaign

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros,

Am thinking of starting a direct marketing campaigns for my company, aiming at the decision makers for the SMEs here in Singapore.

Am thinking of purchasing data from providers like Yellowpages Singapore, SG leads...etc, where i will be doing direct mailing campaign.

What do you guys think?

Will the database be useful? Would like to ask prior to placing an order for the database as they are not cheap at all. Or if you guys already have the database, we can "co-share".

Thanks

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros,

Am thinking of starting a direct marketing campaigns for my company, aiming at the decision makers for the SMEs here in Singapore.

Am thinking of purchasing data from providers like Yellowpages Singapore, SG leads...etc, where i will be doing direct mailing campaign.

What do you guys think?

Will the database be useful? Would like to ask prior to placing an order for the database as they are not cheap at all. Or if you guys already have the database, we can "co-share".

Thanks

What you selling?

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
am into Finance consultancy.....so am looking into SMEs to run their book keeping and accounting...

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of the bros here ever used DM before??
I did. But it was in US before this global recession started. It's really a numbers game. For every 100 pieces of DM materials mailed out, I got about 1 response if I'm lucky. Most of the time I got zero response.

If I can get 3 to 5 responses for every batch of 1000 DM materials being mailed out, that's considered very good. Btw, I was selling giftware products via mail order catalogs.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did. But it was in US before this global recession started. It's really a numbers game. For every 100 pieces of DM materials mailed out, I got about 1 response if I'm lucky. Most of the time I got zero response.

If I can get 3 to 5 responses for every batch of 1000 DM materials being mailed out, that's considered very good. Btw, I was selling giftware products via mail order catalogs.
Means you have to keep a lot of stock ???????

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Means you have to keep a lot of stock ???????
No. The stock is in my supplier's centralized warehouse. Whenever I got an order from my customer, I forwarded it to my supplier who will ship the products directly to my customer via UPS.

I had to keep on sending out thousands of DM materials to gain new customers. There's no guarantee that they will become repeat customers.

The US Post Office weigh my DM materials and charge accordingly by weight.

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yo bro...US..total different market there...i would think that DM might be of a better strategy there as compared to Sg, dun u think so?

Yape, the hit rate is low, but if your margin is high, why not. But bad deal is tat its not a recurring piece of biz ...

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo bro...US..total different market there...i would think that DM might be of a better strategy there as compared to Sg, dun u think so?

Yape, the hit rate is low, but if your margin is high, why not. But bad deal is tat its not a recurring piece of biz ...
Yep. US market is definitely better for DM strategy than Sg as the country has about 300 million people and the consumer represents 70% of their GDP. The statistics alone should speak for themselves.

The hit rate was low but my margins were at least 250% depending on the product sold. Margins could go up to as high as 500%.

Yep. The bad deal was most of my customers weren't repeat customers.

It's expensive to print the catalogs, buy the mailing lists from different sources, and to send them via US Post Office.