• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lim: 'I received intimidating phone calls'

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - SDA's candidate Desmond Lim claimed he received intimidating phone calls after he announced that he would contest in the by-election.

On the sidelines of a house visit at block 122C in Punggol East, the SDA secretary-general said the phone calls told him to withdraw from the by-election.

"I'm not going to be intimidated by these calls. I know my cause, I know why I'm here, I know what I'm supposed to do for the residents.

When asked if he knows where the calls are from, Desmond Lim replied: "I don't know where they are from but I would appeal to these people - whether they are members of the public or not - if you believe in these political parties, please help them go door-to-door to lobby for votes."

RELATED STORIES

Special: The Punggol East by-election
The Punggol East by-election will likely to be contested by four candidates as SDP has pulled out of the race.

The candidates are: PAP's Dr Koh Poh Koon, WP's Lee Li Lian, Reform Party's Kenneth Jeyaretnam and SDA's Desmond Lim.

The 44-year-old Mr Lim said he was determined to contest in the by-election despite the attempts to intimidate him to withdraw.

"I don't think they intend to harm me. They are here on their own initiative and because they thought opposition unity was important and they don't want to split votes.

"It's against democracy to deny the people the right to choose. People identify with different political parties that have different ideologies, philosophies and beliefs.

"So we can't say that party A contests and party B has to give up. At the end of the day it's the people's choice."

Mr Lim, an engineer in telco M1, is adopting the slogan of "Dedicated Local, Determined Leader" for this by-election.

Mr Lim also contested in the General Election in 2011 in a three-cornered fight against PAP's Michael Palmer and WP's Lee Li Lian. However he managed to garner only 4.5 per cent of the votes and lost his election deposit of $16,000.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The thing is, he might be true but when people didn't want him and he lose deposit, he shouldn't be crying right? Well, he can also argue that crying is very democratic. I have nothing to say to him.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are obviously WP supporters.
I wonder why these people are so silly. Do they really think WP can possibly win? Very naive.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no wonder M1 service broke down lah.

their "principal engineer" too busy with politics than fix the network problem.

as much as i not against him to contest but it make me feel that he very disconnect with the ground. even before GE2011, DL was demonised because of his disputes against the chiams. i dunno who right who wrong but DL reputation as a politician fell into the gutter.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are obviously WP supporters.
I wonder why these people are so silly. Do they really think WP can possibly win? Very naive.

U are absolutely right. WP supporters are well known to be uneducated hooligans and losers in real life. During 2012 Hougang BE, those who publicly claimed they will vote PAP were similarly harassed by those loser. Opposition supporters in general mostly comes from this uneducated group of losers in life who does not know a good government when they see one

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to verify? He should make a police report to back up his claim.

NA! he is a crybaby always thinking how to get sympathy votes by telling the media such bo-liow messages. He will soon come up with another sympathy rant like someone didn't hang his poster properly, people tear his logo and more threatening words. Ya? if he lose his deposit, you will see him blaming the world except himself. I suggest he retire and join Sam forum, more fruitful than banging the wall so many times.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must be from Internal Security. These PAP scums!

Desmond Lim is lying lah............who the hell will bother calling him knowing he has no chance of winning and in fact will be helping PAP by splitting opposition votes.........

this fat clown just trying to bullshit the public only..........make himself look brave and try to get more votes so he won't lose his deposit.......

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an engineer in M1, this bugger should be helping M1 to restore its mobile service soonest, instead of contesting in PE. The M1 service has been down for almost 36 hours already and there is no sign of a good recovery in the next 24 hours or more. This kind of bugger is willing to forgo the company he works for in their critical moment of need and cares only for his own interest. How to vote for him?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As an engineer in M1, this bugger should be helping M1 to restore its mobile service soonest, instead of contesting in PE. The M1 service has been down for almost 36 hours already and there is no sign of a good recovery in the next 24 hours or more. This kind of bugger is willing to forgo the company he works for in their critical moment of need and cares only for his own interest. How to vote for him?

you stupid or what ?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NA! he is a crybaby always thinking how to get sympathy votes by telling the media such bo-liow messages. He will soon come up with another sympathy rant like someone didn't hang his poster properly, people tear his logo and more threatening words. Ya? if he lose his deposit, you will see him blaming the world except himself. I suggest he retire and join Sam forum, more fruitful than banging the wall so many times.

He was earlier reported to have said that netizens were already sliming him even before erections were being called.
Dr Ang of SDP should examine his head and see what filth is inside.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
this fat idiot certainly has some serious issues with his delusions of granduer.

he should just tell his loan sharks off or delay payment till nex week kekeke