• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Kuek: Not a service disruption, just trains running at slower speed!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazing! I still don't understand how come desmond still keep his job. Uniquely singapore. Only peesai land can this happen.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah desmond still song song. Unless desmond so cockup until his life is in danger. But no leh. Desmond still song song Fucking sinkees. So means nothing wrong. Chow sinkees on the other hand something wrong. Kena fuck like that still can accept.

Prove one thing, tonychat right all along.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazing! I still don't understand how come desmond still keep his job. Uniquely singapore. Only peesai land can this happen.

Lots of incompetent SAF scholar trash parachuted into positions of leadership. Singapore-style 'meritocracy' at its finest. :wink:

Sometimes they fuck up on a big scale (Lui Tuck Yew). Other times they fuck up on a smaller scale (Desmond Kuek, Ng Yat Chung).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lots of incompetent SAF scholar trash parachuted into positions of leadership. Singapore-style 'meritocracy' at its finest. :wink:

Sometimes they fuck up on a big scale (Lui Tuck Yew). Other times they fuck up on a smaller scale (Desmond Kuek, Ng Yat Chung).
Laksa, u forgot the boss, Ms. Pinky. The mother of all fuckups.

melanietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are a scholar ...you can afford to be incompetent and ...... Just don't go around asking for free BJs and get caught.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT Corporation @SMRT_Singapore
[NSL] UPDATE: Estimate 20 mins additional travel time from #AngMoKio towards #MarinaBay due to track fault.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True leaders are never afraid to take responsibility when things go wrong. Where does the buck stop?

Would you have faith in someone who keeps denying the existence of issues rather than acknowledging them, apologising and taking responsibility for them?

The atmosphere in SG is sick. Everyone is so scared of copping the blame that there is no one to take responsibility and take charge like a true leader. Everyone is only eager to claim the credit when things go right. This attitude permeates the entire hierarchy and everyone starts doing irrelevant and illogical things to "cover their backsides". There are many examples of this like the checkpoint incident and the Little India riot. The first thing that comes to their minds is how not to make mistakes and get blamed instead of how to perform their jobs properly with pride.

Spot on. The rot starts from the top. Ministers blame the ones below them.
CEOs dare not face the media - a good example is the IDA/MDA CEO daughter of former Chief Justice Yong Pung How.
COI on Little India riot - Police Commissioner sends his deputy.
Desmond Kuek gets 1.8millon a year - he talks cock.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, the train doors won't open, they will tell you, they are testing it for your safety....each day, we lean of all the creative words to describe their incompetency....or they are running at half speed for they have just greased the rails.....what's up doc?

And when the trains stop in their tracks, Desmond the Quack will con you by telling you that they are checking to see how long the aircond can run in a stationary carriage.

Desmond will be a great Creative Director in some Bull Shit Agency - he will do well, even without trying.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Yet another SMRT disruption riles commuters[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
February 24th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

SMRT-train.jpg
Train services were delayed during this morning’s (24 Feb) rush hour on the North-South Line towards Marina Bay Station.
SMRT said this was because of a track circuit failure on the south-bound track between Jurong East and Kranji MRT stations.
The problem was reported about 7.30am and trains had to travel at slower speeds between Kranji and Yew Tee MRT stations due to the track circuit failure.
Free bus services for Admiralty, Sembawang, Yishun and Khatib MRT stations were activated at 8.30am.
Some photos taken by frustrated commuters in chronological order:
Shikhar Gupta: "Stupid track fault at Kranji... Super crowded platform, and trains taking >6 minutes to arrive... " 7:19 AM - 24 Feb 2014 (Photo: Shikhar Gupta)

Chao: "Hahahahaha fuCK the sun rise until like that already I still at kranji" 7:36 AM - 24 Feb 2014 (Photo: Chao)

Number 11: "Stuck in mrt kranji 25min" 7:47 AM - 24 Feb 2014 (Photo: Number 11)

Teridoll: "Track fault at Kranji to Marina results in long Q at Sembawang mrt" 8:05 AM - 24 Feb 2014 (Photo: Teridoll)

Azriq: "Train still creates problem yet you still want to increase the smrt fares, i tell you what, KEPALABUTO YOUR UNCLE" 8:26 AM - 24 Feb 2014 (Photo: Azriq)

Shine Koh: "situation at Sembawang mrt........ " 8:34 AM - 24 Feb 2014 (Photo: Shine Koh)

SMRT said as of 8.32am, the faulty track circuit has been repaired and normal train service has resumed.
All in all, the delay lasted 90 minutes.
SMRT posted the following on its Twitter page:
SMRT Corporation [NSL] CLEARED: Train services from #JurongEast towards #Kranji are now operating normally. Free buses are still available.
24 Feb 2014 09:00

SMRT Corporation [NSL] UPDATE: Free bus service between #Admiralty and #AngMoKio has ceased.
24 Feb 2014 09:33
This was the sixth disruption of train service so far this year (Fifth SMRT breakdown in 2014).
Not surprisingly, commuters were cursing and swearing at SMRT on its Facebook page [Link]:
Dory Shi Min: That is really nonsense. Board train at cck at 6.50 now is around 7.30 I still haven reach kranji. Hello I am having school exam
Zzq Alex: 10 min delay announcement at first then plus 20 min delay announcement then plus another additional 20min delay announcement…. Total stuck in train for 50 min… Now another 20 min delay announcements
Sky Oo: BULLSHIT!!!! Train faulty for 15min ? I waited 1hr30min and i am still stuck in the train haven reach destination. Poor service provider. We do not want word we are looking for action
Sue Salleh: What a sucking Monday SMRT!! And thanks as i’m in one of those affected train!!
Jeff Wong: Thanks for making me late for work today. I still could not board my train from woodlands for 30 mins already. The next interval at 6 mins during this peak hour. Come I clap for you.
Cheong Soon Hao: Can use cable tie fixed? I’m stuck for 30mins plus and counting
Dolphin De Esther: I am late for work…how mrt is gng to compensate tat?
WaOne Ketari: F**k you and ur management f**kin a***holes…!!!!!
Irene Kaea: SMRT you did it on purpose right? So that you can fine people $500 when they try to squeeze in the train when its full! If you want increase fare for more efficiency please show us, not breakdown everytime. Or is it we have no choice but to use your service so you dont give a fk about it and keep increasing price as n when you like?
Choi Dong Soo: Well done u wana raise the transportation fees for this crap service???
Alissa Ash Burn: On Monday… AGAIN? Why don’t u deploy your engineers on Sunday to do checks so it’s good to go for the peak hours???? Tts service for the people. We are not taking the train for free u know.
Justin Peh: Still say “smrt rank among better rail operators in international standards”?
TRE reader Lovecraft RavenEve is keeping track of the many MRT incidents:
1932468_10201997972525706_336994107_n.jpg

TRE would advise commuters to ease their bladder and clear their bowels before boarding an SMRT train, considering the frequency of breakdowns.

Skeptical

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahah.. he just wants to make things look not that serious? But it has obviously disrupted the lives of many... all the photos of the platform getting flooded.. seriously man... still want to raise fares?! KNN!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bonus for cockup performance for Desmond ?
He should be ravaged by 120 starving dogs and witnessed by
The ordinary commuters.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just like another motherfucker who simply labelled flood as "ponding".

These overpaid chee-bye kias are really damn good at downplaying crisis with flowery words.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on paper general!! we don't pay you million to give excuses every time when
your MRT train break down! Seem like you're even worst than Manly Saw PH! She/he also
provide poor excuses every time MRT train break down, Not like what you have just said!!

You sound like a little boy telling his papa the car so slow, not break down on the road!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wtf is going on? Me really clueless. U mean train breakdown? Fuck lah. Me sleeping song song. Why u all don't want bonus liao izit? Limpeh got stars hor. U got?

Last edited:

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT Corporation ‏@SMRT_Singapore 19m
[CCL]: Estimate 20 mins additional travelling time from #PayaLebar to #DhobyGhaut towards #DhobyGhaut due to signal fault.

Now there are faults everyday at peak hours.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT Corporation ‏@SMRT_Singapore 19m
[CCL]: Estimate 20 mins additional travelling time from #PayaLebar to #DhobyGhaut towards #DhobyGhaut due to signal fault.

Now there are faults everyday at peak hours.

Hahahaha. Third one within 4 days right? Looks like must 1 fault a day, only then, Desmond can song.