• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Understand your point. Valid.

It's good to be highlighting it consistently so that the Govt is aware that besides attracting foreign investment, it comes with a cost and that needs to be addressed and quick.

Else it would end up like KL. Everywhere jam.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
In most of his posts, the forumer has also either omitted to mention the Pandan Bridge upgrade due to complete by yr end, or has opined that the upgrade will not solve anything.

Actually I have travelled from EDL Pandan exit to cross Pandan Bridge in betw 5-10 mins most of the time at 6 - 630 pm (accidents being an exception). After having stuck in causeway for ard 1 hr, i really dont see what's the fuss abt. It is also because of EDL that Permas has come alive again, and encouraged lim kang hoo to develop tebrau coast.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ! i am new to this forum. i have also bought a unit under phase 9E type 'c'. i visited the site recently and i notice that the work has been stopped and i have not seen a single worker around except 2 security guards. just wondering what is going on? could some forumers that has knowledge on this situation throw some lights, please?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
In most of his posts, the forumer has also either omitted to mention the Pandan Bridge upgrade due to complete by yr end, or has opined that the upgrade will not solve anything.

Actually I have travelled from EDL Pandan exit to cross Pandan Bridge in betw 5-10 mins most of the time at 6 - 630 pm (accidents being an exception). After having stuck in causeway for ard 1 hr, i really dont see what's the fuss abt. It is also because of EDL that Permas has come alive again, and encouraged lim kang hoo to develop tebrau coast.

Which one is the Pandan bridge? It's different from the Permas Jaya bridge right?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think that the Permas bridge would need more work since I would think that the traffic there would be increasing exponentially with all the developments further East.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ! i am new to this forum. i have also bought a unit under phase 9E type 'c'. i visited the site recently and i notice that the work has been stopped and i have not seen a single worker around except 2 security guards. just wondering what is going on? could some forumers that has knowledge on this situation throw some lights, please?

Hi : Welcome to Desa Tebrau. My unit is on the right side of the front gate. True, I have noticed that they have stopped work , the tarmac works were half done. I called the sale rep, she told me the VP is in dec. When I signed the S and P , the sale rep told me handover will be in May/Jun this year. My bank provider has been charging me interests since Sep last year on the amount dispensed to developer. They wouldn't even allow me to start paying instalment or do lump sum repayment till VP is done.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work had not stopped completely. I saw e workers in e units fixing defects.

The left rows were completed early this year but the owners also could not get keys until May/Jun this year.

I have been paying instalment since day 1.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good to know another owner here :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
fhbh, just curious, how much is the %interest per month bank is charging you now? overall how much have you paid in interest? about 4% purchase price?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
fhbh, just curious, how much is the %interest per month bank is charging you now? overall how much have you paid in interest? about 4% purchase price?

Prob 4.2-4.3%. Monthly is abt $2.8k RM upon VP. Now paying abt $9xx RM per month installment.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Overall, I think self stay in JB is ok lah, while renting out SG properties. Flipping will depend on price point at which one enters. But unless its semi-d & above, or one buys in bulk, you cant get great profits from flipping. Maybe at most around RM 200K each for terraces?

Renting out JB on long term basis is not so profitable as compared to SG....... So to conclude for me, the best option is to self stay while renting out SG properties.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun depend on ppl/relatives/closed ones to give u a shelter, just buy one for buffering. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall, I think self stay in JB is ok lah, while renting out SG properties. Flipping will depend on price point at which one enters. But unless its semi-d & above, or one buys in bulk, you cant get great profits from flipping. Maybe at most around RM 200K each for terraces?

Renting out JB on long term basis is not so profitable as compared to SG....... So to conclude for me, the best option is to self stay while renting out SG properties.

If only they allow Sgreans to use their cpf $ to buy house in JB (though highly unlikely), like using medisave in some hospitals there. Will really help many assets rich but cash poor retirees, as right now, $ has to go back to cpf after they sell their only property in SG.

Even if they rent out their HDB, how much upfront cash does one needs to fork out for downpayments, whatever fees, basic renovations ...etc for a million RM terrace? And one also needs a car to move around when living there.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prob 4.2-4.3%. Monthly is abt $2.8k RM upon VP. Now paying abt $9xx RM per month installment.

alrighty, thanks! that's roughly the number i'm getting from my spreadsheet as well, based on progress payment % and monthly rests. actual could be lower though (since te initial payments are much lower). is your house late in handing over? plenitude intending to pay you?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

you're right. but commuting is a big no no for me. JB is weekend and holiday only, for some kampung living. as potter say, it's a "buffer".
btw don't think those who bot recently can even earn that much for a terrace. but you never know. :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah sei.. sun oso the cow still walking around. maybe they going church. kaka
yarrr i been to just want coffee.. but the kopi there too high class for me lei .. :biggrin:
m'sia car buy oradi or not??

waw lau... high price kopi + service charge. Quite no of mei mei ytd.
test drive car becoming a new entertainment at DT.. haha...