• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea what's in store for the vacant building? No news on Ikea Tebrau also for so long......Haiz.....

After scanning the Tebrau area, I think the local furniture shops there are great, and possibly better than Ikea in terms of price and quality. It will be sad if Ikea is set up there and these local entreprises are wiped out. I prefer Ikea not to be there, but something else like office and financial centers will boost the local economy even more.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the vacant building, I heard there might be pubs and more shops to liven up the area etc. I will confirm again when I find out more from local talks.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the vacant building, I heard there might be pubs and more shops to liven up the area etc. I will confirm again when I find out more from local talks.

that's good cos the pub i went to there ("Macto") has horrible service.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's good cos the pub i went to there ("Macto") has horrible service.

Usually other businesses will be better in the area as pubs continue to attract patrons into the night. The downside is probably it makes the area a bit sleazy. Net impact is slightly positive on the property prices in the vicinity. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend in JB after a hectic stretch of a few months.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jam at first link was bad around 5pm+ today, totally at SG side as they closed e two car lanes for bikes.

I saw e cementing work of my house in progress, so VP around Jun-Jul is possible. The road leading to Setia Indah was v busy. Lucky I din buy Type A else it will be too noisy. It will get busier once Cascadia n Eco Botaniv VP in 2014 n 2016 (assuming launch in 2014). I just reconfirmed e orientation to be SW. Not too bad in e sense a bit of west sun but it shd make e house a bit brighter.

The vacant building still appeared vacant. Not sure if someone had conned me or workers had packed up after 6pm (i reached around 7.30pm thanks to e jam).

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jam at first link was bad around 5pm+ today, totally at SG side as they closed e two car lanes for bikes.

I saw e cementing work of my house in progress, so VP around Jun-Jul is possible. The road leading to Setia Indah was v busy. Lucky I din buy Type A else it will be too noisy. It will get busier once Cascadia n Eco Botaniv VP in 2014 n 2016 (assuming launch in 2014). I just reconfirmed e orientation to be SW. Not too bad in e sense a bit of west sun but it shd make e house a bit brighter.

The vacant building still appeared vacant. Not sure if someone had conned me or workers had packed up after 6pm (i reached around 7.30pm thanks to e jam).

bro rocker got info that EB project in tebrau is called 'eco spring'.
also, the east west link highway behind SEC will connect direct to pelangi indah, from my recce and road map checking last week. in future, for sec / desa tebrau to cut across to 2nd link should be faster. :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro rocker got info that EB project in tebrau is called 'eco spring'.
also, the east west link highway behind SEC will connect direct to pelangi indah, from my recce and road map checking last week. in future, for sec / desa tebrau to cut across to 2nd link should be faster. :smile:

Thanks for the tips. I wanted to recce deep into Setia Indah/Cascadia but it was pitched black at 7.30pm. I will check out more in Dec.

I exited from Desa Tebrau using Jalan Mutiara Emas Utama. This stretch was quite a vibrant area but I wondered why they needed so many hotels :confused:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the tips. I wanted to recce deep into Setia Indah/Cascadia but it was pitched black at 7.30pm. I will check out more in Dec.

I exited from Desa Tebrau using Jalan Mutiara Emas Utama. This stretch was quite a vibrant area but I wondered why they needed so many hotels :confused:

in future, once the east west road link is up, desa tebrau and SEC should be just 3-4 km next to each other. :smile: i.e connected at the north side.

Last edited:

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Rocker report in. The DT has the solid wall fencing from the road so it will reduced the sound and lights....very nice! Brother Malpaso, I went to the said pub ...omg the choice of drinks is limited, okay, I could understand the human traffic is not strong but the service is "wonderful" ask for peanuts, they serve crakers..don't even bother to explain, the lady just put it on the table and walk away... kind of "take it or leave it". My wife and sister were amazed.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Rocker report in. The DT has the solid wall fencing from the road so it will reduced the sound and lights....very nice! Brother Malpaso, I went to the said pub ...omg the choice of drinks is limited, okay, I could understand the human traffic is not strong but the service is "wonderful" ask for peanuts, they serve crakers..don't even bother to explain, the lady just put it on the table and walk away... kind of "take it or leave it". My wife and sister were amazed.

yeah horrible service. actually i tried a few other pubs in mount austin ('mango pub') also the same. i thought maybe the waitresses didn't like my face. but the drinks are cheap la. i had beer at happy hour whole night , only 8RM per mug.

our SEC also have partial wall and tall fence. maybe better, can see scenery outside the permieter fencing.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah horrible service. actually i tried a few other pubs in mount austin ('mango pub') also the same. i thought maybe the waitresses didn't like my face. but the drinks are cheap la. i had beer at happy hour whole night , only 8RM per mug.

our SEC also have partial wall and tall fence. maybe better, can see scenery outside the permieter fencing.

If the beer is cheap, the waitresses could be underpaid. Something got to give. Maybe you can try tipping the waitresses $5 RM to see if there is VIP-treatment.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drive a bit up to Taman Gaya near the Daman sales office , saw quite a number of eateries - black ball, WongKee Noodlees which open by a Hong Kong Chef, apparently he also have a branch in Bt Indah.. one day must try :p

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drive a bit up to Taman Gaya near the Daman sales office , saw quite a number of eateries - black ball, WongKee Noodlees which open by a Hong Kong Chef, apparently he also have a branch in Bt Indah.. one day must try :p

I like these types of hidden eateries. Always full of pleasant surprises :smile:

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun mind but I might be $500 RM poorer. I haven't reached the level where I just need to flash a Astaka booking form and the girl becomes hot :biggrin:

LOL... The women in the family had kept me very busy... my mum, my wife, my sister, my daughers...no need to flash Astaka, they can make me very "HOT" liao.. especally when so many bills need to pay :*:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL... The women in the family had kept me very busy... my mum, my wife, my sister, my daughers...no need to flash Astaka, they can make me very "HOT" liao.. especally when so many bills need to pay :*:
The women in my family also kept me very busy.

I just come back from Desa Tebrau. My row is about 70% done. The vacant building next to Aeon had finally restarted construction, with scaffolding being erected and bricks hauled up to higher levels. The condominium beside e shophouse I mentioned last time was piling foundation. Plenitude is rich enough to start work without any prebooking of units. Damn confident and strong developer. Even in Singaore this rarely happened for developers.

It was a bad jam at Aeon and Tesco too as many locals went there for shopping. I will share some pictures later.

On e way back, I detoured to Setia Indah, Setia Eco Cascadia, Seri Austin and finally Bandar Dato Onn. I tried very hard to look for e sales office of SEC but failed. SEC made me think of HH as e trademark designs were distinct n pleasant. But e drive out to EDL was very tedious, thanks to e trademark roundabouts n humps. I chanced upon BDO sales office n went in. Phase 12 was almost fully sold out except for two loan rejected units 22x70 around $590k RM. Very good value for money. This phase was sold out in one day in Sep this year. Most buyers were locals for own stay. Next launch is likely to be in mid 2014. Sizes could be around 20x70 for $6xxk RM. H1 2014 should be a quiet period for new launch of terraces in that area (and other parts of Iskandar). Verdict for BDO is very value for money for these two units (get e one away from e Surau if u mind). Next phase will be expensive.