• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dental fees in Singapore

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember some 10 years ago when I had my polishing and scaling done at Park Mall, I was charged $60.

Has the rate gone up ? What are the chances that I might end up with a FT dentist in Singapore ? No way I'm going to let Ah Neh or Pinoy clean my teeth.:(

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember some 10 years ago when I had my polishing and scaling done at Park Mall, I was charged $60.

Has the rate gone up ? What are the chances that I might end up with a FT dentist in Singapore ? No way I'm going to let Ah Neh or Pinoy clean my teeth.:(

That's a very cheap rate for a typical polish+scale dental session.

If you go to more posh dental clinics, you will pay much more. :wink:

Cheap dental clinics: half-fuck newly graduated dentists, many outlets, super high turnover rates, lousy equipment, crowded, closed on certain days.

Expensive dental clinics: just one experienced dentist, one outlet, dentist is the boss of the clinic, advanced equipment, one-on-one appointment with at most one more client waiting for you to finish, allow you to make emergency appointments if it's urgent.

Seriously, don't be gian png when it comes to dentists. You only have one set of teeth, you only visit the dentist at most twice a year if there are no problems. Many people found out the hard way, e.g. dentures don't fit, braces give problems, extract wrong tooth, infections etc.

Of course, my favourite dentist was my primary school in-house dentist. She always pressed her breasts against my forehead and commended me on my flawless teeth. I could smell her perfume and her sweat. :biggrin:

meeraze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, my favourite dentist was my primary school in-house dentist. She always pressed her breasts against my forehead and commended me on my flawless teeth. I could smell her perfume and her sweat. :biggrin:

I got to smell and taste my dentist's CCBuy when I used to date her but she has gone back to Hong Kong.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

If present Singapore conditions remain the same, eventually and inevitably, you are going to meet up with an ah neh or pinoy who will attend to your dental issues.

What we can do as consumers, since we are the ones paying the money, is to refuse their services and ask for a non ah neh/pinoy to attend to us, unless of course it is a dental clinic with only ah nehs and pinoys as dentists. Even then, at some inconvenience, you have the choice to go to another clinic or choose another service provider.

The choice is entirely yours....as a consumer...:biggrin:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, don't be gian png when it comes to dentists. You only have one set of teeth, you only visit the dentist at most twice a year if there are no problems. Many people found out the hard way, e.g. dentures don't fit, braces give problems, extract wrong tooth, infections etc.

Seriously too, I'm gian png. The $60 stuff was more than 10 years ago. The dentist was a part time NUH lecturer too.

But now I'm thinking of going to Johor Bahru to have my root canal cleaning, crowning and possibly extraction of wisdom tooth done.

I'm going for "you qi you pi you tua liap ni", and in Zorro Lim's lingo, it's cheaper, betterer and fasterer.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a very cheap rate for a typical polish+scale dental session.

If you go to more posh dental clinics, you will pay much more. :wink:

Cheap dental clinics: half-fuck newly graduated dentists, many outlets, super high turnover rates, lousy equipment, crowded, closed on certain days.

Expensive dental clinics: just one experienced dentist, one outlet, dentist is the boss of the clinic, advanced equipment, one-on-one appointment with at most one more client waiting for you to finish, allow you to make emergency appointments if it's urgent.

At least give a name of an outlet right? You so smart. You don't visit a dentist anymore now that you're an adult because if you did you would give out the name of the clinic wouldn't you?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For simple procedures like scaling you can do it in JB or Thailand & save $. I do it often when I am in Thailand. I also get things like spectacles, haircuts, .... from LOS. As a foreigner if the spectacles are over 2,000 baht & bought from some stores, you can get a VAT refund. The VAT is something like the GST.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For simple procedures like scaling you can do it in JB or Thailand & save $. I do it often when I am in Thailand. I also get things like spectacles, haircuts, .... from LOS. As a foreigner if the spectacles are over 2,000 baht & bought from some stores, you can get a VAT refund. The VAT is something like the GST.

Interesting. Any dental clinics in los to reccommend?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting. Any dental clinics in los to reccommend?

In Bangkok I tried the Bumrungrad Hospital https://www.bumrungrad.com/. The hospital has a dental clinic. However I found out from a Thai friend that they are very expensive. I wouldn't recommend them because their prices is similar to what I would have paid in Spore. My dentist in Spore might be expensive but he has the latest dental gadgets.

When I was in Pattaya I've tried 2 other dentists. So far the only thing I've done is cleaning(scaling) & it has costs only about 800 baht per session. Since I've started using an electric toothbrush & water pik about 2 years ago I haven't had any serious dental issues & only had cleaning done.

In Pattaya I simply walked in & made an appointment. They can usually arrange an appointment the next day.

If you are in Pattaya, at the junction of 2nd Road & Central Pattaya Rd is a Tops Supermarket. Just walk down Central Pattaya Road(Pattaya Klang Rd), in the direction away from the beach. There is a goldsmith shop at the right side of the road. The the dental clinic is a few doors from the Goldsmith shop, 10 or 15 meters away from the junction.

The other dentist I went to is the "Dental Art Clinic" at Soi Buakao. According to the appointment card they are located at
502/34 Moo 10 Soi Buakhao. The reason I went to the other dentists was because it was nearer to the Central Mall & the hotel which I was staying at.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to try the Bumrungrad dental clinic just email them to make an appointment. On the day of the appointment, go down down earlier & get yourself registered. They'll take your photo & details & issue you a patient card. Takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is the VAT rate?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to try the Bumrungrad dental clinic just email them to make an appointment. On the day of the appointment, go down down earlier & get yourself registered. They'll take your photo & details & issue you a patient card. Takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

Bumrungrad caters to foreign patients, and like Bangkok General Hospital, they are all freaking expensive.

The usual scaling and cleaning job in Johor is about MYR 100 - 150. The more qualified surgeons charge MYR 150 - 200.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude,
you can try Queenstown polyclinic,
but appt may be six months later.
actually, its good you booked in advance,
In future, you can use it (for other purposes).
Rates are cheaper than private clinics.