• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

De Rossi banished from Italy squad for punching Lazio captain in Rome derby

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

De Rossi banished from Italy squad for PUNCHING Lazio captain in Rome derby

By DAVID KENT PUBLISHED: 19:14 GMT, 12 November 2012 | UPDATED: 19:14 GMT, 12 November 2012

Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli hopes Daniele De Rossi learns a valuable lesson after dropping the Roma midfielder from his 25-man squad to face France on Wednesday.The Giallorossi vice-captain fell foul of Prandelli's strict code of ethics when he punched Lazio captain Stefano Mauri during yesterday's Rome derby, which Lazio went on to win 3-2.The door is certainly not closed on the 29-year-old, though, with Prandelli keen to hand him a significant role at the World Cup in Brazil in two years' time, should the Azzurri qualify.

article-2231944-15F8F75D000005DC-422_634x423.jpg

Heated: Daniele De Rossi (right) was sent off during the Rome derby for punching Stefano Mauri

article-2231944-15FA7730000005DC-574_634x467.jpg

Prandelli told Gazzetta.it: 'I haven't spoken to De Rossi yet but I will in the next few hours.'I have no doubt that he will be key for us at the World Cup. Therefore, this punishment will serve to teach him that he cannot repeat such behaviour at a World Cup. 'He has too much of a fan's mentality, when you're handed responsibility then you have to behave accordingly. 'He could be Roma's captain for a long time and I'm sure he's very sorry for what's happened.' De Rossi was today handed a three-match Serie A ban for violent conduct.Wednesday's friendly in Parma may provide some welcome respite from the rigours of World Cup qualifying, but Prandelli insists his men will take the occasion very seriously.

article-2231944-15FDEFC2000005DC-590_634x400.jpg

Disciplinarian: Italy boss Cesare Prandelli speaks in Parma on Monday after taking action on De Rossi

article-2231944-15FD4FFB000005DC-839_634x375.jpg

Preparations: The Italy squad trains in Parma ahead of Wednesday's friendly against France

'The friendly counts towards our ranking and it will be important because we're playing a good opponent,' he added. 'Some say that the rankings don't matter, but we all look at them. 'The young players that I put out there need to show enthusiasm and quality.'Prandelli is yet to name a replacement for injured Roma striker Pablo Osvaldo, who withdrew from the Italy squad today after suffering a recurrence of an old ankle injury during the Rome derby.

Atalanta defender Federico Peluso was drafted into the 25-man selection after Zenit St Petersburg's Domenico Criscito withdrew with an unspecified injury problem this morning. Roma midfielder Alessandro Florenzi has been named in a senior side for the first time with Newcastle full-back Davide Santon returning to contention for the first time since March 2011.

Prandelli added: 'Florenzi has earned himself a place in a very good team, he does a great job in the middle of the park.'Santon has started 10 games for Newcastle this season, he's rebuilding his self-confidence. He's equally comfortable on the right or the left.'