• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS, POSB clients say accounts being drained even if they don’t click on phishing links, or share passwords

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1644644576569.png

SINGAPORE – Despite DBS’ and POSB’s efforts to caution their customers to be wary of phishing scams, users are still getting robbed online.

This hardly bodes well for the banks’ aggressive move to push customers to use digital banking and cash transfer apps such as PayNow and PayLah!

Several users from both banks have now claimed on social media that there have been unauthorized charges or withdrawals made to their accounts even though they had not clicked on suspect links and had kept their one-time passwords (OTPs) private.

In a Facebook forum, DBS Bank user HC Ang said in a recent post: “My mum bank account got hacked several times last night!” The user advised: “So close your DBS/POSB account & transfer your money to another bank.” Ouch.

Users have complained that money keeps getting siphoned from their accounts without their clicking on phishing links. Some said this had been known to happen without their receiving any notice from their banks that any money had been deducted.

More at https://theindependent.sg/dbs-posb-...t-click-on-phishing-links-or-share-passwords/

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think need to wait for more leeporting then can tell don't jump to conclusion KNN based on the 2 cases my uncle suspect
Case 1 old mum ownself got scam might or might not be by clicking link but some other ter nao actions.
Case 2 could be an old man disease as My uncle know 1 uncle who also call to blame bank when daughter ownself use his sup card to make online purchased. Even my uncle told him did you checked with daughter 1st he leefused to listen and call bank immediatelee to bang table onlee to find out is own fucking jibye useless daughter used it to purchase.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think they use many IT ,thats the real reason,they sold waterer data they can kay hands on , n may even reveal bank system lol,now bank slso cannot be trusted

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't use internet banking. Easy.

Internet banking is not the problem, all those fanciful apps are the problem.

Just more opportunities for getting hacked.

You don't need an app for every trivial thing in life. And that is a good thing.

This hardly bodes well for the banks’ aggressive move to push customers to use digital banking and cash transfer apps such as PayNow and PayLah!

jw5

Loyal

You don't need an app for every trivial thing in life. And that is a good thing.

One of the reasons that people use apps is because it sounds and appears hip to be using an app. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there a app to call chicken ? Is this trivial or big ?

Flying Horse

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. Let us just look back before all these Android devices getting popular. No bonafide financial institutions would trust a free-for-all platform like Google Play where any Tom Dick and Harry can developed a phishing Apps which could be laying dormant hiding behind snooping on your password or OTP which can easily be forwarded to a remote server. But then once a few banks started it, all the rest just follow. Nobody give a damn thought how safe is to use such apps. I for one always restrict myself ONLY to use Internet Banking on PC platform. Never on mobile phone.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh no interbet banking is how your withdrawal limits are changed right away. Those scams will fail if idiots who have no business so urgent do do this unsecure shit. That sinkies are stupid is a given of course

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think need to wait for more leeporting then can tell don't jump to conclusion KNN based on the 2 cases my uncle suspect
Case 1 old mum ownself got scam might or might not be by clicking link but some other ter nao actions.
Case 2 could be an old man disease as My uncle know 1 uncle who also call to blame bank when daughter ownself use his sup card to make online purchased. Even my uncle told him did you checked with daughter 1st he leefused to listen and call bank immediatelee to bang table onlee to find out is own fucking jibye useless daughter used it to purchase.
not really leh. There were reports during the OCBC episode that they never gave OTP but their accounts will still being drained. How is that possible? Must be inside job.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
100% have inside help, uncle here worked 35 years in banks
which begs the next question. Why those fuckers haven't been caught yet? It should be relatively simplistic to nail down leeches from inside a bank. Everything is in a closed ecosystem. A little tracing will eventually lead the authorities to them no?

My fear is that it points to 1 or 2 things. Banks internal controls totally not there or the authorities not smart enough to trace.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
which begs the next question. Why those fuckers haven't been caught yet? It should be relatively simplistic to nail down leeches from inside a bank. Everything is in a closed ecosystem. A little tracing will eventually lead the authorities to them no?

My fear is that it points to 1 or 2 things. Banks internal controls totally not there or the authorities not smart enough to trace.

those chobolans senior management are probably racing to nail down suspect but they cant announce to the public for publicity reasons
and even if caught the culprit they probably wont admit internal problem.

this bank has more than 15k employees, shortlist down to people who resigned last 6 mths and work from there.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
those chobolans senior management are probably racing to nail down suspect but they cant announce to the public for publicity reasons
and even if caught the culprit they probably wont admit internal problem.

this bank has more than 15k employees, shortlist down to people who resigned last 6 mths and work from there.
makes sense. if announce then everyone lose confidence.