• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's be very clear about this - strikes are LEGAL in almost all peaceful FIRST WORLD countries. Just because there is a law it does not follow that the law is FAIR, especially if it is a law enacted by the PAP. The PAP is well known for coming up with laws that skew the game in its favour including laws that make us the laughing stock of the world like one man or woman can constitute an illegal assembly.

What is the Catholic Church’s view of unjust laws? Well, at paragraph 398 of the Compendium of the Catholic Church's Social Doctrine, it is stated:

"Authority must enact just laws, that is, laws that correspond to the dignity of the human person and to what is required by right reason. “Human law is law insofar as it corresponds to right reason and therefore is derived from the eternal law. When, however, a law is contrary to reason, it is called an unjust law; in such a case it ceases to be law and becomes instead an act of violence”. Authority that governs according to reason places citizens in a relationship not so much of subjection to another person as of obedience to the moral order and, therefore, to God himself who is its ultimate source. Whoever refuses to obey an authority that is acting in accordance with the moral order “resists what God has appointed” (Rom 13:2). Analogously, whenever public authority — which has its foundation in human nature and belongs to the order pre-ordained by God — fails to seek the common good, it abandons its proper purpose and so delegitimises itself."

In the context of this labour dispute, what has the NTUC done for the suffering workers? Remember, the NTUC has been slowly transformed into an instrument of the PAP and employers. So much so that Zorro says that the NTUC is against minimum wages. Imagine this, a trade union is against minimum wages! What will this clown say next? That the NTUC is in favour of labour exploitation because it helps our GDP to grow faster and the ministers' salary to get more OUT OF THIS WORLD!

If the union fails to do its job, it is time for the workers to peacefully struggle for their rights including taking strike action, regardless of how the PAP suka suka classify this strike.

FIRST WORLD countries have GENUINE trade unions that fight for workers' rights whereas SINKIELAND has a no portfolio Zorro.

This strike should be supported. In fact, it should inspire strikes in other sectors, led by SG workers for a change.

You are very discerning and rational. I agree with what you said.

The fact that TCJ said that it is an illegal strike, he has painted the pap into a corner. The pap must now take actions against the PRC drivers as they have contravened SG's law.

I am waiting to see what LHL and TCJ will do

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me would be watching this development closely with a heightened sense of curiosity... :p:p:p

The PAP has made many mistakes over the last few years. This is just one consequence of their mistakes. The pap is in remedial mode and is battling to control the damage.

Can LHL be an effective PM now when there are so many PAP made problems in SG as he confessed he will have his hands full shd he have to tackle 10 or 20 Opposition MPs?

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact that TCJ said that it is an illegal strike, he has painted the pap into a corner. The pap must now take actions against the PRC drivers as they have contravened SG's law.

Really? You agree with what I said?

If so, then the solution is to have truly INDEPENDENT trade unions rather than government controlled FAKE unions.

The issue then is what the PAP should do to make the FAKE unions REAL by giving them the independence that they need to serve the workers that they are supposed to be representing and NOT what the PAP would do to the workers who have contravened unjust laws. The PAP should do NOTHING to the workers. The PAP should give Zorro a big fat kick the butt, 'cos that's what he deserves.

Your writing style very like Straits Times. Are you one of their employees? Sumiko Tan?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If so, then the solution is to have truly INDEPENDENT trade unions rather than government controlled FAKE unions.

The issue then is what the PAP should do to make the FAKE unions REAL by giving them the independence that they need to serve the workers that they are supposed to be representing and NOT what the PAP would do to the workers who have contravened unjust laws. The PAP should do NOTHING to the workers. The PAP should give Zorro a big fat kick the butt, 'cos that's what he deserves.

Your writing style very like Straits Times. Are you one of their employees? Sumiko Tan?

I agree we shd have independent trade unions.

By having fake trade unions, the pap is doing injustice to SG workers. The calm is temporal..The storm will eventually come.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Besides independent Trade Unions, I also believe SG shd have real leades=rs who speak their minds for the good of SG and Singaporeans. We shd not have fake leaders who are scared to LKY and speak what LKY wants to hear. Look at fake leaders like LBH, LSS, GF, etc..

That's why I said SG is crumbling!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see the pap will have a big problem with succession. At the next GE, the following Ministers/ex Ministers are expected to retire:

1. LKY
2. GCT
3. WKS
4. MBT
5. LSS
6. RL

Who does the PAP have to replace these people?

HSK, TCJ, LW and CCS have been accelerated...but their perofromance is far from satsifactory.

Can the pap afford not to replace YI and VB? They are huge liabilities. can CCS, HSK, TCJ and LW helm GRCs when they have only light weight MPs like to help them? Will the PAP face an onslaught with credible AP leaders standing in the GRCs?

It is truly watershed at the next GE

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

would you believe me if i said I am Sumiko?

would you believe me if i said I am not Sumiko?

so it doesnt matter whether I am or I am not Sumiko.

Better to judge me for what i post here

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The pap is in remedial mode and is battling to control the damage.

what do u think will be the likely PAP action against the PRC drivers?

whether the PAP is in remedial mode is yet to be confirmed. they may hold national conversations and stuffs but the bottom line is this: all they had been doing this while is managing perception. does it solves the problems at its roots? no. does it keep them in power? yes. a convenient way of doing things, me isn't saying it's easy managing perception. this is THE time to observe how these million dollar folks take on this task and see if they are truly worth their salt. :p:p:p

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whether the PAP is in remedial mode is yet to be confirmed. they may hold national conversations and stuffs but the bottom line is this: all they had been doing this while is managing perception. does it solves the problems at its roots? no. does it keep them in power? yes. a convenient way of doing things, me isn't saying it's easy managing perception. this is THE time to observe how these million dollar folks take on this task and see if they are truly worth their salt. :p:p:p

Dear Zhihau,

I agree with what you said. I have seen enough of the pap's propaganda and wayang. To me, the pap has performed poorly and the pap ministers are not value for money. We must do the right thing and vote them out at the next GE

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere. The ceremony of innocence ...Chinua Achebe

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL - S'pore risks becoming a retirement home... (does he want the old to leave SG?)

I didn't want to post this in a new thread, so apologies if anyone feels that I am hijacking this thread.. I think it is relevant to the title thought.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC121129-0000020/Singapore-risks-becoming-a-retirement-home--PM-Lee

I can't believe ah loong actually said this.. but it seems.. and this is how I understand it to be.. that he wants MORE younger SG ppl.

Now.. what's wrong with Singapore being a retirement home? All the talk of an inclusive society is like rubbish then. Shouldn't a country be a home for ALL it's citizens?

A vibrant city for the young and tourists (cos that might be what most of them want), maybe a place to get a look at some history (SG was caught in WW2, we could use that.. but sadly nobody is doing it right), a hub of reserves for wildlife, birds and plant and marine life (we do have a small rain forest in our midst.. and our islands have not being really explored.. or at least i don't think so).. and perhaps a holiday haven for retirees..

If citizens cannot look forward to retire happily in Singapore.. where should they go? Batam? Bintan? JB? Ah Loong may have let loose the notion that getting old is not a welcomed thing here in Singapore. If what I interpret is really what it is meant to be, then this should be the WAKE UP CALL for all Singaporeans. Don't grow old n hope to retire here in SG.. they want young ppl only.

I should go to embassies to look for PR asap now. This is getting very scary.

Last edited:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LHL - S'pore risks becoming a retirement home... (does he want the old to leave S

bro.. y post here leh?

i almost missed this.

aiya, ruling party keep saying "grey tsunami" as if one major castrohpe.. yet they tell sg ppl to think positive.. contradiction hor?

mopeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LHL - S'pore risks becoming a retirement home... (does he want the old to leave S

Now.. what's wrong with Singapore being a retirement home? All the talk of an inclusive society is like rubbish then. Shouldn't a country be a home for ALL it's citizens?

They already hint hint go JB to retire. Whatelse can be expected?

You die your business really.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I didn't want to post this in a new thread, so apologies if anyone feels that I am hijacking this thread.. I think it is relevant to the title thought.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC121129-0000020/Singapore-risks-becoming-a-retirement-home--PM-Lee

I can't believe ah loong actually said this.. but it seems.. and this is how I understand it to be.. that he wants MORE younger SG ppl.

A vibrant city for the young and tourists (cos that might be what most of them want), maybe a place to get a look at some history (SG was caught in WW2, we could use that.. but sadly nobody is doing it right), a hub of reserves for wildlife, birds and plant and marine life (we do have a small rain forest in our midst.. and our islands have not being really explored.. or at least i don't think so).. and perhaps a holiday haven for retirees..

If citizens cannot look forward to retire happily in Singapore.. where should they go? Batam? Bintan? JB? Ah Loong may have let loose the notion that getting old is not a welcomed thing here in Singapore. If what I interpret is really what it is meant to be, then this should be the WAKE UP CALL for all Singaporeans. Don't grow old n hope to retire here in SG.. they want young ppl only.

Dear DuYunQi,

Great post! Where have you been the last five years? Busy with school exams? Bogged down with NS? Busy with work?

It's not too late for you to realise the true colours of the PAP.

Yes, the SG passport has been abused, tattered and trodden by the pap. Life has gotten from bad to worse for the heartland Singaporeans.

if you are still mobile and have a choice, you have to truly consider migrating. Dont wait until you have no choice and condemn your future generations to this forsaken country.

The pap has invited many cheaper workers from 3rd world countries into SG to replace wll qualified and skilled Singaporeans. I know some NUS MBA uncles who are driving taxls because the pap allowed companies to recruit 3rd world PMETs at the expense of Singaporeans. Many SG PMETs are jobless. The foreigners are not better..they are just cheaper. they can be cheaper because they have no financial commitments in SG. No other countries will allow foreigners to take jobs their citizens can do just because they are cheaper.

Jocelyn is an Aus PR and has decided to have her child in Aus.
Daphne holds an Aus citizenship and SG citizenship and has challenged MHA to revoke her SG citizenship
My bro has applied for graduate visa to remain in Aus. Many of his Uni mates have applied for Aus PR.
Alan has applied for Aus PR.
Ken has migrated to Canada.
Kwan YY is a Canadian PR.
Many Singaporeans have seen the evils of the pap and have taken action.

What are you waiting for?

We want to thank Nicole, Michelle, Jeannette, Sylvia, LTK, VW, CSJ, TJS, etc for speaking up for Singaporeans and for challenging the pap.

As for me, I will stay in SG as long as I can. I am fortunate that I dont have to stay in SG if I dont wish to...so I can procrastinate and delay my departure. I can leave for another country anytime and will be welcomed. Do you have my luxury?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They already hint hint go JB to retire. Whatelse can be expected?

You die your business really.

We must not allow the pap to run our lives.

SG is our country and we stay if we want to. The choice is ours to make, not pap's.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro.. y post here leh?

i almost missed this.

aiya, ruling party keep saying "grey tsunami" as if one major castrohpe.. yet they tell sg ppl to think positive.. contradiction hor?

Silver tsunami in SG will happen because of the pap's mismanagement and past bad policies.

Sentinel

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now.. what's wrong with Singapore being a retirement home? All the talk of an inclusive society is like rubbish then. Shouldn't a country be a home for ALL it's citizens? ..... Don't grow old n hope to retire here in SG.. they want young ppl only.

While we've the energy, we should change all that, starting with 2016 balloting. :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TCJ is a LKY wannabe. He has shown his fangs and is going for the PRC drivers' jugular. If he succeeds, he will go places and will be ranked higher than HSK, CCS and LW. Interesting days ahead.

TCJ -1, PRC drivers - 0