• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mdm Koh's situation is still bad
Did Mdm Koh go to TSC and look for her ex-caseworker? From my end, I will only formally step in to render assistance for her and her family if TSC and the other relevant government agencies can't do anything for her. Let me know asap.
hahaha......gugu, on one hand u said her situation is still bad....on the other hand u appear less than enthusiastic to follow through and see that she gets some help???
Candide appears to be sincere in trying to help.
Do u need any help to help her get the help required???

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heheh... don't frequent there that often to know the owner's name :smile::smile::smile:

i dont frequent Jago Close often too...but the CKT man told me his name is Peter. Gave me his name card too...but I hv not been there recently...so dont know whether he has moved to another place or he is still there

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did Mdm Koh go to TSC and look for her ex-caseworker? From my end, I will only formally step in to render assistance for her and her family if TSC and the other relevant government agencies can't do anything for her. Let me know asap.

It is good that, like many others, u wish to give a helping hand. Since you hv spoken with TSC staff, can I suggest that you contact Mdm Koh and help make an arrangement for her to meet that TSC staff who is handling her case?

You will get to know her well that way. That was how I got to know her

Thanks

Last edited:

Candide

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good that, like many others, u wish to give a helping hand. Since you hv spoken with TSC staff, can I suggest that you contact Mdm Koh and help make an arrangement for her to meet that TSC staff who is handling her case?

You will get to know her well that way. That was how I got to know her

Thanks

Tracy, am I missing something here? Have you informed Mdm Koh or not? If not, why not because your description of her situation seemed dire and require immediate support and intervention?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy, am I missing something here? Have you informed Mdm Koh or not? If not, why not because your description of her situation seemed dire and require immediate support and intervention?

I discussed with two social workers abt your offer to help Mdm Koh two weeks ago. They said that if you are willing and if you can help, you would do something abt it as I have provided enough information abt Mdm Koh. There are some charlatans in SG who talk a lot but have no intention nor means to help and we dont want such people to cause more miseries and apprehension to the sick and the poor

Mdm Koh has been dealt a bad hand in life and we dont want her to go in circles because of false promises. So do go ahead and contact her directly if you can help. BTW, the TSC staff who was following Mdm Koh's case was Ms K. Akilan...

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition people and also ruling party supporters will eventually have to learn to work their way through all this muck with new citizens who have dual country obligations and decide what kind of alternative government beside the ruling party do the people want to have. Some leeway will have to be given to new citizens such as the inclusion of perhaps Urdu or Tagalog as additional languages and extra holidays as well. Whether the country will lean towards China, Philippines or India will be in accordance to who and how many new citizens participate in the ruling party and how many of them will actually rise to the top position as ministers.

That is because while opposition will want to reform but their lack of governing experiences will hurt them, while the ruling party governing will lead to a totally different Singapore, a Singapore with very few indigenous people, where the middle class have hollowed out, leaving for other countries, while the poor will slowly die off leaving only Permanent residents as the gov source of income, which will basically leave Singapore as a corporation with the oligarchy rich getting to become more cannibalistic in order to secure their footing on the shrinking ivory tower.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TracyTan866 said:
Good analysis. Will the euro problem balloon into an economic disaster? will the middle east military threat compound the economic gloom? How badly will SG be affected?

From the look at things it could be long drawn. SG is definitely affected when the outside world sneezes. Was it Paul Krugman who commented that SG should do more to strengthen its domestic economy?

Candide

Alfrescian
Loyal
I discussed with two social workers abt your offer to help Mdm Koh two weeks ago. They said that if you are willing and if you can help, you would do something abt it as I have provided enough information abt Mdm Koh. There are some charlatans in SG who talk a lot but have no intention nor means to help and we dont want such people to cause more miseries and apprehension to the sick and the poor

Mdm Koh has been dealt a bad hand in life and we dont want her to go in circles because of false promises. So do go ahead and contact her directly if you can help. BTW, the TSC staff who was following Mdm Koh's case was Ms K. Akilan...

Tracy, I am very disappointed in you. I don't know what game you are playing. Who is the chartalan here? I am asking you a simple question. Did you contact Mdm Koh as you said you would? Why are you asking me to contact Mdm Koh now when you said you would? I don't even know her in the first place.

I wonder if that case worker knows her case well as she claimed that Mdm Koh could cope. Anyway, I will pass the message to Mdm Koh.

Thanks

Now, I believe both Mdm Koh's caseworker and I have done our part. The least you can do now is to follow up with what you said you would do. Otherwise, you are doing great injustice to Mdm Koh.

Go and inform Mdm Koh to contact her ex-caseworker asap. The caseworker will help her in her best ability. Once Mdm Koh goes back to see her ex-caseworker, I will follow up with the caseworker and make sure the caseworker does her job. Keep me updated.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the look at things it could be long drawn. SG is definitely affected when the outside world sneezes. Was it Paul Krugman who commented that SG should do more to strengthen its domestic economy?

SG is very dependent on the world for its well-being. When SG prospers as a result of world prosperity, the pap doesnt acknowledge that SG derived its success because of global growth.

When SG suffers a recession, the pap is quick to attribute to world events.

How conveniently the pap twists and turns and more Singaporeans are seeing the truth nowadays. This doesnt help endear the pap to Singaporeans

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy, I am very disappointed in you. I don't know what game you are playing. Who is the chartalan here? I am asking you a simple question. Did you contact Mdm Koh as you said you would? Why are you asking me to contact Mdm Koh now when you said you would? I don't even know her in the first place.

Now, I believe both Mdm Koh's caseworker and I have done our part. The least you can do now is to follow up with what you said you would do. Otherwise, you are doing great injustice to Mdm Koh.

Go and inform Mdm Koh to contact her ex-caseworker asap. The caseworker will help her in her best ability. Once Mdm Koh goes back to see her ex-caseworker, I will follow up with the caseworker and make sure the caseworker does her job. Keep me updated.

The two social workers I spoke with are very experienced and caring. They not only care for the financial needs of those under them, they are also concerned abt their mental, psychological and emotional well-being. They are very discerning. Do you truly understand what they are saying abt you? Read posting #1307 again.

Do I trust them or do I trust you?

If you think that u have already done your part, then you dont need to continue on this anymore. Just let it be and others will follow through

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think that u have already done your part, then you dont need to continue on this anymore. Just let it be and others will follow through
hahaha......this is not a good sign.....we should see this through since you highlighted it as a serious case.....
there is no need to trust anyone...
the request was very simple.....pse ask Mdm Koh to contact her ex-case worker again.
even kukubird understood the request......

Candide

Alfrescian
Loyal
The two social workers I spoke with are very experienced and caring. They not only care for the financial needs of those under them, they are also concerned abt their mental, psychological and emotional well-being. They are very discerning. Do you truly understand what they are saying abt you? Read posting #1307 again.

Look, I will not waste any more time in your charlatan games. It is clear now that you have no intention to inform Mdm Koh to go back to TSC to look for her ex-caseworker because I reckon the story you come up with about Mdm Koh is made up of half-truth and half-lies in the first place. You probably heard from someone else about Mdm Koh’s case and you and people around your social circle don’t even know Mdm Koh personally so there is no way you can find out about her latest development and to contact her. If that is the case, I find it very irresponsible of you to come up with such a statement when I asked for an update of Mdm Koh.

Mdm Koh's situation is still bad

Now, tell us how did you derive such a statement when I asked for an update of Mdm Koh when you actually did not even informed Mdm Koh to go back to TSC to look for her ex-caseworker? How did you know her situation is still bad?

For the readers’ sake, I will surmise what I know about Mdm Koh from my correspondence with the people from Trans Service Centre. Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker can only give me limited information about Mdm Koh, because cases such as this is considered confidential and is not avail to members of the public. What she can share with me though is that the case was closed more than two years ago and it was a mutual closure, meaning to say the problems Mdm Koh faced at that point in time were either resolved or she can cope with them. Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker also briefly shared with me on the financial assistance Mdm Koh had received. What’s more important is that she expressed concern for Mdm Koh when I told her about Mdm Koh’s “current plight” as according to what Tracy has written in this thread (read from posting #1216 onwards). Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker advised me to get Mdm Koh to contact her immediately so that she can find out from Mdm koh about her current situation and work from there. I told her I would pass the message to my “friend” who knows Mdm Koh personally. Unfortunately, I can’t do that now because this “friend” aka TracyTan866 did not carry out what she said she would do and I don’t personally know Mdm Koh.

I wonder if that case worker knows her case well as she claimed that Mdm Koh could cope. Anyway, I will pass the message to Mdm Koh.

Thanks

Oh btw, Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker’s name is not K. Akilan. How do I know? I corresponded with her personally via phone after failing to get her immediate response about Mdm Koh’s case via e-mail. Tracy could have easily done that too if she is really concerned about Mdm Koh’s well-being.

Leongsam is right about you, Tracy. You are indeed a dishonest person. Really disappointed in you.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:smile:
Look, I will not waste any more time in your charlatan games. It is clear now that you have no intention to inform Mdm Koh to go back to TSC to look for her ex-caseworker because I reckon the story you come up with about Mdm Koh is made up of half-truth and half-lies in the first place. You probably heard from someone else about Mdm Koh’s case and you and people around your social circle don’t even know Mdm Koh personally so there is no way you can find out about her latest development and to contact her. If that is the case, I find it very irresponsible of you to come up with such a statement when I asked for an update of Mdm Koh.

Now, tell us how did you derive such a statement when I asked for an update of Mdm Koh when you actually did not even informed Mdm Koh to go back to TSC to look for her ex-caseworker? How did you know her situation is still bad?

For the readers’ sake, I will surmise what I know about Mdm Koh from my correspondence with the people from Trans Service Centre. Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker can only give me limited information about Mdm Koh, because cases such as this is considered confidential and is not avail to members of the public. What she can share with me though is that the case was closed more than two years ago and it was a mutual closure, meaning to say the problems Mdm Koh faced at that point in time were either resolved or she can cope with them. Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker also briefly shared with me on the financial assistance Mdm Koh had received. What’s more important is that she expressed concern for Mdm Koh when I told her about Mdm Koh’s “current plight” as according to what Tracy has written in this thread (read from posting #1216 onwards). Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker advised me to get Mdm Koh to contact her immediately so that she can find out from Mdm koh about her current situation and work from there. I told her I would pass the message to my “friend” who knows Mdm Koh personally. Unfortunately, I can’t do that now because this “friend” aka TracyTan866 did not carry out what she said she would do and I don’t personally know Mdm Koh.

Oh btw, Mdm Koh’s ex-caseworker’s name is not K. Akilan. How do I know? I corresponded with her personally via phone after failing to get her immediate response about Mdm Koh’s case via e-mail. Tracy could have easily done that too if she is really concerned about Mdm Koh’s well-being.

Leongsam is right about you, Tracy. You are indeed a dishonest person. Really disappointed in you.

:smile::smile:

How ironic...I have provided you with so much information abt Mdm Koh and u said u confirmed what i told u abt Mdm Koh. You admitted that there is indeed a Mdm Koh who needs help. And you claimed that I am dishonest? If I was dishonest, how do I know so much abt Mdm Koh? You claimed it was probably I heard from hearsay and from someone else? only a kid has that kind of reasoning power. Such information are quite confidential and u noticed that I gave u the bare minimum for you to contact TSC. But since you claimed that u have contacted TSC, u wld be able to get more information abt her, enough for u to contact her. Do u think i was dishonest just because I didnt do what you wanted because of good advice from the social workers. They indeed know their job and saw through your lies.

If you did what u claimed u did, u wld know that I spoke the truth. If your aim is to help Mdm Koh, just give her a call...why resort to such nasty name calling and be so defensive?

The social workers are right...We shd not let Mdm Koh be hurt further by people like you if you dont intend to help.

I am glad I didnt fall for your lies

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile:
The social workers are right...We shd not let Mdm Koh be hurt further by people like you if you dont intend to help.
hahaha...gugu, your power of comprehension is amazing...
the request was for u to ask Mdm Koh to contact her ex-case worker....so that help can flow from there again.....nothing more nothing less.
seems like you do not know Mdm Koh personally and are trying to wriggle your way around.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are these signs of the crumbling of Singapore? The pap appears to run out of ideas how to bring SG forward but is taking the obvious easy ways out, bringing long term problems to SG.

Are the recent MRT failures precursors to more failures to come? Will there be forthcoming systemic failures of the Transport system, Medical Institutions, Housing issues, social problems?

I understand TCH is a nice man. He is the DPM. But is he an effective leader? He was Minister of Education, Minister of Defence and now, Minister of Home Affairs.

In Education, he implemented, Thinking School, Learning Nation (TSLN), Teach Less Learn More, CCA, WITs, SEM, Cluster Concept, etc..
A lot of these look like good initiatives but what did he really achieve? Are the schools thinking more? Is SG a more learning Nation? What's the difference in CCA as compared to ECA? SEM is a big chore for teachers. How many teachers believe in WITs? Is the CONNECT Plan successful in retaining teachers? On the contrary, MOE is losing a lot of teachers. Morale is low. MOE is recruiting teachers from China, India and lately trying UK. Has MOE not learnt its lessons? These foreign teachers may be competent in subject matter, but they are not good teachers as they cant contribute in other areas such as value inculcation, Committee work, etc...local teachers are burdened by these foreign teachers who cant help in other enrichment areas. Does the Cluster Concept with its Superintendent help or hinder the schools? It gave less power and autonomy to the Principals who are reduced to ne yes-men and administrators rather than School Leaders. So TCH did a lot of harm and damage when he was in Education.

to be continued....

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand TCH is a nice man. He is the DPM. But is he an effective leader? He was Minister of Education, Minister of Defence and now, Minister of Home Affairs.

When he was Minister of Defence, he bought many aircraft, ships, tanks, artillery, precision bombs and armaments. It is easy to buy hardware. But if the software is not there, it is a pure waste of money which could have been better used to help the poor. Because of lack of training areas, expensive deals were signed with other countries and our regular servicemen were paid exhorbitant overseas allowances. Such an indiscriminate way of wasting money is an abuse of our tax revenue.

He came out with "3rd generation SAF" and it was mouthed and repeated by MINDEF. When asked to define and quantify the emaning of "3rd Generation SAF", MINDEF was not able to but they had no courage ask TCH. So the charade continues. Under his leadership, many NSFs and NSmen died. So was TCH a good leader when he was in Ministry of Defence?

to be continued...

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is now Minister, Home Affairs. HA is a big wayang. From Police Stations, they reorganise them into NPPs. Then they reorganised again into NPCs...will they revert to Police Stations? Change for the sake of change if there is no improvement is not good.
Under TCH's watch, many things have gone wrong in Home Affairs..We thought he will sweep HA clean after WKS's bad tour. It seems that TCH can't rectify the rot in MHA. Our SG guys are getting hammered by foreign labourers. Our SG gals are getting molested and MHA negligently allowed these foreigners to flee or get acquitted. This is bad and will embolden the foreigners and undermind the confidence of Singaporeans to depend on the SPF for justice. Will this cause singaporeans to fight to defend themselves as justice must be fought for by us. This does not bode well for SG and the SPF

With discipline problem in MHA and morale at a low point, TCH has his hands full...

Is the current online vice situation a result of years of neglect by the anti vice? the online vice may reveal much deeper and wider problems for the SPF.

Neglect a present problem and not nipping it in the bud will allow the problem to fester and become life threatening in future. That's what MHA is facing now.

to be continued...

Last edited: