• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crude analogy of christianity

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
one day, i was walking along the street happily when a man jump out to speak to me, and tell me that I am sick and I need their snake oil to heal and failure to take his snake oil, I will get sicker and die.

Common sense will tell I that i will ask what give him the idea that im sick. is he a doctor? a psychologist? nope, he said he is a sharman. should i exercise my logic here?

and this shaman say my sickness cannot be detected by modern medical equipments and all the trained doctors will not be able to diagnose it. What is this shaman's qualification? oh, he studied under an ancient medieval healing system where unicorn and fairies are real.

He also said that he has built a dungeon built in his basement with all sort of torture equipments and he will drag me into that dungeon for ignoring and failing to praise him. But he said that i don't have to endure the torture at all, he has sent his beloved son to that dungeon to get tortured by him for my sake coz he love me.

weird eh?

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi FB,

I would assume the snake oil to be a cure for physical sickness. If so then my thoughts are that physical sickness can be detected using modern equipment.

Spiritual sickness , as you had mentioned in your analogy above, cannot be detected scientifically. Its just whether you believe you have this sickness or not, and if so then what or who is the cure.

So this brings the whole discussion back to God. Does He exist? And if so , has He the love, the power and the means to cure this sickness that He says we have.

I believe He does and He has revealed this love and power on the cross and His remedy through His Word.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi FB,

I would assume the snake oil to be a cure for physical sickness. If so then my thoughts are that physical sickness can be detected using modern equipment.

Spiritual sickness , as you had mentioned in your analogy above, cannot be detected scientifically. Its just whether you believe you have this sickness or not, and if so then what or who is the cure.

So this brings the whole discussion back to God. Does He exist? And if so , has He the love, the power and the means to cure this sickness that He says we have.

I believe He does and He has revealed this love and power on the cross and His remedy through His Word.

hi, please see the other thread of mine on those horrible passages from the bible about god's deeds on murder, killing and violence.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
one day, i was walking along the street happily when a man jump out to speak to me, and tell me that I am sick and I need their snake oil to heal and failure to take his snake oil, I will get sicker and die.

Common sense will tell I that i will ask what give him the idea that im sick. is he a doctor? a psychologist? nope, he said he is a sharman. should i exercise my logic here?

and this shaman say my sickness cannot be detected by modern medical equipments and all the trained doctors will not be able to diagnose it. What is this shaman's qualification? oh, he studied under an ancient medieval healing system where unicorn and fairies are real.

He also said that he has built a dungeon built in his basement with all sort of torture equipments and he will drag me into that dungeon for ignoring and failing to praise him. But he said that i don't have to endure the torture at all, he has sent his beloved son to that dungeon to get tortured by him for my sake coz he love me.

weird eh?

be careful what you write. you may get sue for plagiarism.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi FB,

Of course he does. He has the love, but does not have the power and means to do many things his followers claim he can. Look around you and you know this is a fact no one can refute.

In short he's just like any of the idols, gods and deities in folk religions.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like the church of Scientology. Did they ask you to pay them as well?

weird eh?

dho20002000

Alfrescian
Loyal

weird eh?

Hi FB, maybe the main subject wasn't on ur sickness. But rather, the man is trying to tell u tt he is The Almighty One.
God built this world with all kind of sufferings, he built a dungeon with all sort of torture equipment. God showed the people different kinds of suffering for failing to obey & pray to Him, the man said he will drag u into that dungeon for ignoring and failing to praise him. Lastly, God send Jesus, His son, to this world so Jesus will suffer on behalf of the people (in which God had planned long long time ago since Adam & Eve era) to redeem all sins by the people because God love everyone, he has sent his beloved son to that dungeon to get tortured by him for your sake coz he love u.

Any similarity??? :wink:

Both claimed cos they love all people, tt's y they sent their sons to the ultimate end for people.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi FB, maybe the main subject wasn't on ur sickness. But rather, the man is trying to tell u tt he is The Almighty One.
God built this world with all kind of sufferings, he built a dungeon with all sort of torture equipment. God showed the people different kinds of suffering for failing to obey & pray to Him, the man said he will drag u into that dungeon for ignoring and failing to praise him. Lastly, God send Jesus, His son, to this world so Jesus will suffer on behalf of the people (in which God had planned long long time ago since Adam & Eve era) to redeem all sins by the people because God love everyone, he has sent his beloved son to that dungeon to get tortured by him for your sake coz he love u.

Any similarity??? :wink:

Both claimed cos they love all people, tt's y they sent their sons to the ultimate end for people.

So God would punish n torture His innocent son in order to let the guilty ones go free?
Makes perfect sense.