• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Credit Cards

royster79

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't care.They send me credit cards, I just spend and spend.I've no properties.I've nothing.I lost my job. I've no savings.So I just spend and spend the credit cards like a king. Care tell me what can happen to me? It's not my fault they continue to give me credit.It's not my fault. I can't afford to pay and I don't have a job and no income at all.So what can they do to me? Jail me? Sue me bankrupt? I got nothing - really nothing.So they send me credit, I spend lor! Amen!

me also jobless.. how come they send u no send me... not fair...:mad:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i ever recieved my neightbour credit card statement.....if i never pass it to him...he would surely kana the extra charges...

jw5

Loyal
That card didn't cost much. Its the late charge fee on any outstanding sum that is the killer. They are hoping for more ppl to forget to make payment or can't pay in full to increase their profits. However, then why are they crying over defaults in payment when they hope that everyone pays late or misses payment?
The card companies want the best situation for themselves - for the card holders to miss their payments, pay the high interests, but eventually pay up all their debts including interest.
Problem is that this does not always happen in real life.

jw5

Loyal
This happens quite often.This's also very dangerous and risky.
Even my own credit cards are sent ordinary post. What security?
These credit people are terrible.Those bank people also terrible like the
uneducated housewife cheated of her $50K trusted funds! These young people now only think of making $$$$ hitting targets!!! Don't care whether father or mother dies!!! They just want to make a sales and earn more $$$$ This society is rotting to the core.
I hope that the bank and the employee who sold the unit trusts to that lady will be revealed soon.
I would really love to have a conversation with that employee.

jw5

Loyal
Companies or banks alike only out to earn profits and nothing else. They will do whatever they can within the law or loop holes if any (they will be seal up anyway) to make people part with their money.:cool:
So I guess that gives us the right to do whatever we can within legal boundaries to make things difficult for them right? :smile:

jw5

Loyal
i ever recieved my neightbour credit card statement.....if i never pass it to him...he would surely kana the extra charges...
That's why it's always good for a cardholder to be able to view his account and the charges due online.
Don't expect to always rely on the posted statement.

jw5

Loyal
i think the bestest deal is from Stan-Chart Credit Cards, they would automatically convert any charges to the card of more than SGD$500.00 into some 24 month low interest repayment scheme which runs at 5% pa, plus a 6% admin fee. :eek:

as thou' i'd like to keep myself into some debt repayment scheme of any sort, i simply kept the card inside a drawer.
Why did you apply for the card in the first place?

jw5

Loyal
Credit card is actually a very good tool to extend your credit. If you are given 60 days of credit by your supplier, you can use your credit card to further extend the playment period by another 55 days, using your CC to pay your supplier.

So all in all you get 60 days + 55 days of credit card.

Credit to business man is very important, use it wisely ! You can make a lot more money using what you have !
Most individuals don't have suppliers or customers.
A credit card should be used for convenience, rather than for credit.
Of course businesses and companies should have credit terms to manage their cashflow better. Not so for individuals.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I also kena approached many times when I queue to deposit last time when I was doing well.The bank officers will approach me sexily with a sexy smile and treat me like a king customer. Now they see me, they avoid me like a plague.I walk in to the ATM in my sandals and shots! No money customer! They even frown at me.Also scorn at me too.This type of bank officers also got! Just look at them - all standing there like pros soliciting clients!!! Even old people also want to con!!!No shame!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
me also jobless.. how come they send u no send me... not fair...:mad:

Last time I got good job.So they sent and gave me overdraft and credit.Now nobody will even bat an eyelid to see me in such dire straits. No money no friend.No money no credit cards.But also don't care.Just spent and spend until go to jail the most! Amen!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most individuals don't have suppliers or customers.
A credit card should be used for convenience, rather than for credit.
Of course businesses and companies should have credit terms to manage their cashflow better. Not so for individuals.

Credit cards did help me go through a crisis. A loan obtainable, even at their high interest rate, is still better than no money at all to solve immediate problems.

As with all other loans, manage with care. Happy to say those difficult days are over. I'll still say it's ok to have credit cards, but, as you mention, have it for convenience only, not for debt roll-over.

My advice is..Pay your card bills on time, service no interests, keep waiving the annual fees, maximise the points and other benefits.

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll still say it's ok to have credit cards, but, as you mention, have it for convenience only, not for debt roll-over.

Credit cards provide a lot of convenience especially when you are travelling overseas. You don't have to carry a lot of cash around.