• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF Minimum Sum vs CPF Life

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, you have done the math yourself in the above post, and i agree with the conclusion. CPF Life and MSS are just ways of withholding retirees savings so that the funds can continue to be part of Temasek and GIC cash cow.

Any singaporean can easily invest the sum in a higher yielding product, or even an insurance policies that will give more benefits. Only a fool would think that the CPF Board will give a competitive annuity payout or return on investment.

The trick regarding the CPF Life is that the payout varies and is dependent on the performance of the investment. This allows the management agent to cull off a big portion of the gain as its fees and leaving the crumbs to the retirees

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
speak for yourself. I dont depend on the pap and am still very much in control of my life

yes, i do speak for myself.
yes, you dun depend on the pap, but you're at their mercy..
yes, you control ur life...but they control ur CPF...my friend

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i do speak for myself.
yes, you dun depend on the pap, but you're at their mercy..
yes, you control ur life...but they control ur CPF...my friend

thank you for knowing me ..

some corrections:

1. i am not at their mercy
2. they dont control my finances

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trick regarding the CPF Life is that the payout varies and is dependent on the performance of the investment. This allows the management agent to cull off a big portion of the gain as its fees and leaving the crumbs to the retirees

Wonderfully written.

Many failed to understand to in bold or got bak chew tar stamp.

The fat management fee may be independent of performance. In the long run, the fund may become insolvent and no payout altogether.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a/ you no have a cpf a/c....not on the CPF Life?...no carry pink ic?

1. Are you saying that if I have CPF account, I am at pap's mercy? That's where you show your shallowness. I can have CPF and yet not at PAP's mercy. You should work towards financial independence and not have to rely on pap's scams. Then you are not at pap's mercy

2. Are you saying that if I have CPF, the pap controls my finance? Again you show your intellectual limitations.

So to answer your questions, I carry pink ic...even if i have CPF and am CPF Life, I am not at pap's mercy and the pap does not control my finances.

are my answers too difficult for you to understand or reconcile?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonderfully written.

Many failed to understand to in bold or got bak chew tar stamp.

The fat management fee may be independent of performance. In the long run, the fund may become insolvent and no payout altogether.

Well done, applejuice. You are sharp to spot the insignificant but profound statement. You are a rare few who understand my point. The 51% PAP supporters are baffled by my simple statement "payout varies and is dependent on the performance of the investment. This allows the management agent to cull off a big portion of the gain as its fees and leaving the crumbs to the retirees

They are lost and are puzzled by the following:

1. payout varies
2. is dependent on the performance of the investment
3. management agent fees
4. crumbs to the retirees

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo, think you missed her point.

She does not depend on CPF Life on her retirement - hence not at their mercy and they don't control her finances.

Hi, applejuice, you are indeed intelligent and can see beyond what rotiprata can see. rotiprata depends on CPF and CPF Life and is at the mercy and control of the pap. He must be quite miserable

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
die la like that
I was hoping to get some money from payout when I retire. I just checked they have this minimum sum thing and CPF Life.
Minimum sum will keep a chunk locked up, CPF Life... I dunno if I can see my money.
At present moment minimum sum is 148k, I don't not even have 60k in my SA!

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a fucking loser. A couple earning 2.5K a month with annual increment of 2% buying a flat no more expensive than 350K should be able to easily hit minimum sum. If you did not hit, either you overspend on your house or you're a pathetic loser who can't even earn 2.5K a month

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
die la like that
I was hoping to get some money from payout when I retire. I just checked they have this minimum sum thing and CPF Life.
Minimum sum will keep a chunk locked up, CPF Life... I dunno if I can see my money.
At present moment minimum sum is 148k, I don't not even have 60k in my SA!

try to save whatever you can

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a fucking loser. A couple earning 2.5K a month with annual increment of 2% buying a flat no more expensive than 350K should be able to easily hit minimum sum. If you did not hit, either you overspend on your house or you're a pathetic loser who can't even earn 2.5K a month

can you show your calculations to support what you said

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A starting pay of 2.5k with 2% increment annually will only be 5.52k on the 40th year.

so far wMulew has kept silent when challenged to show his calculations

let us wait and see whether wMulew has the courage to defend his statement.