• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am wondering Taiwan also have their own stds and yet the building still collapsed recently...even SG got our own spectacular hotel collapse. The point is there are loopholes everywhere and it depends on the morality or lack of it of the developers...

But this is not relevant in Country Garden projects in Malaysia.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro.. as mentioned in my earlier post.. am not trying to imply CG giving sub standard product or product not meeting rules/guidelines.

Just like all engineering topic.. every rules and standards will define "tolerances".. so long the minimum requirement are met.. passed.

CG is "famous" for meeting the "rules/guidelines/standard" via meeting minimum requirement from many reports...

Am just trying to share what I have just known.

The China style of "hiong" can go beyond your imagination.

Am hoping everyone to stay alert... put in more check to safe guard your purchase from CG.. no harm, right?

Fren, much appreciated for the highlight.

I am also trying to inform that Malaysia too have our own standards. We do not allow anyone to walk all over us.

May I relate an example of how the Malaysian system work. I had a container of goods that was sent 3 weeks ago. I had been importing the same material for the past 3 years. No problems but this time around, the Customs demanded that I apply for a import permit through CIDB, another cosntruction governing board before the container can be cleared. I have to submit papers, samples and test reports that it complies to Malaysian Standard before the permit is approved. The worst part is it is all done through electronically. Very hard for old cow like me. There's too much dumping from other countries with unknown standards and materials.

Btw, I am no buyer of CG. :smile:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need sufficient time/provision for materials (sand) to become compact. Japan's Kansai airport . After opening, land sinked more than projected, and gov spent a huge sum to repair and rectify. U will notice that our reclaimed lands are left untouched for several years before construction starts...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am also trying to inform that Malaysia too have our own standards. We do not allow anyone to walk all over us.

May I relate an example of how the Malaysian system work. I had a container of goods that was sent 3 weeks ago. I had been importing the same material for the past 3 years. No problems but this time around, the Customs demanded that I apply for a import permit through CIDB, another cosntruction governing board before the container can be cleared. I have to submit papers, samples and test reports that it complies to Malaysian Standard before the permit is approved. The worst part is it is all done through electronically. Very hard for old cow like me. There's too much dumping from other countries with unknown standards and materials.

Nice input.. good comments..
Just read this while ago.. its in Malaysia and its happening with local developer...

http://focus.cari.com.my/portal.php?mod=view&aid=77930&page=2

Still got 王法?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Infact, we are not worry of international developers build quality because they will follow the Malaysia standard strictly. I am more concern of local developers which know the way and approach to "kao tim" the authoritise for sub standard or lower grade materials.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice input.. good comments..
Just read this while ago.. its in Malaysia and its happening with local developer...

http://focus.cari.com.my/portal.php?mod=view&aid=77930&page=2

Still got 王法?

In Malaysia and I think in any other country as well, it is very important to choose a reputable developer. That will ensure they will deliver as these reputable developers have the resources, reputation and expertise. Those me too type of developer will most probably cut loss and run whenever problem arise.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need sufficient time/provision for materials (sand) to become compact. Japan's Kansai airport . After opening, land sinked more than projected, and gov spent a huge sum to repair and rectify. U will notice that our reclaimed lands are left untouched for several years before construction starts...

Most of reclaimed land will settle after while especially over a large span. Bangkok airport and KLIA2 are the same. Buildings do not normally suffer structural damages and the foundation is piled. No building structures can be erected if the piles had not set.

I remember reading the report on Forest City, the roads and drainage are all underground like a long basement tunnel. The cost is not high as it is a small island. The ground level is used for landscaping. It is a very clever way of constructing. I suspect the underground roads are all structually supported. Therefore the risk of sinking surface roads is minimised.

By the way, it is reported that the first tower consisting of 700 units had been sold 70%. It is expected to be ready by early 2018.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia and I think in any other country as well, it is very important to choose a reputable developer. That will ensure they will deliver as these reputable developers have the resources, reputation and expertise. Those me too type of developer will most probably cut loss and run whenever problem arise.

Quite true.
Kinda of like heng/suay thing...
If can make money.. make..
If cannot make money... run road first.. fxxx what endorsement commitment.. take care their own pocket more important than endoresement..

Its precisely that make me wondered how CG MY will operates...based on how CG operates in China fringe cities, it would be interesting to watch how CG MY operates.

Being a late comer in Iskandar corridor...i think CG has no choice but to turn to sea to search for land. As for the high mortal who cannot be name.. he does not own land in the west of Johor. In my own opinion, FC project is able to fullfill the wish of both.. one of them get to build project from the sea while the higher mortal have a hand on the project by giving "blessing" or so call endosement.

Land reclaimation is not cheap, unlike those big landlords at Iskandar, CG cannot price it too aggressively if FC want to recoup investment. If price aggressively happened to be the last option for CG to adopt... cost cutting will be inevitable...

showroom shows top notch door will be used for construction...imagine cost saving by using a cheaper/inferior door that offers reduction of RM 100 per door. Let assume each unit has 4 doors. Let further assume FC just having 10000 units, 4 × 100 × 10,000 = 4,000,000 RM. Please note in the contract agreement, there will alway has a clause mentioned showroom is just for reference and developer has the right to use equivalent materials.

Feom above example, just door alone smelly smelly 4 mils. Do your own math for the rest of the fixtures (taps/handles/windows/floor tiles/paints etc)

If you watch the video as provided earlier, you can pick up tell tale hints how CG operating and how resemble it is to above example.

While we can say its China issue and not related to CG MY.. but I would like to highlight both are from the same group of companies. I WONDERED how much different can both companies operates. Will subsidiary 违抗圣旨?

Since the construction is still in progress and the true will be unvail in no time. Let keep constructive discussion going as we can pick up good learning points here and use those knowledge for other investment. CG/Setia/Iskandar is not the only center of gravity.. there are more opportunity elsewhere..

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true.
Kinda of like heng/suay thing...
If can make money.. make..
If cannot make money... run road first.. fxxx what endorsement commitment.. take care their own pocket more important than endoresement..

Its precisely that make me wondered how CG MY will operates...based on how CG operates in China fringe cities, it would be interesting to watch how CG MY operates.

Being a late comer in Iskandar corridor...i think CG has no choice but to turn to sea to search for land. As for the high mortal who cannot be name.. he does not own land in the west of Johor. In my own opinion, FC project is able to fullfill the wish of both.. one of them get to build project from the sea while the higher mortal have a hand on the project by giving "blessing" or so call endosement.

Land reclaimation is not cheap, unlike those big landlords at Iskandar, CG cannot price it too aggressively if FC want to recoup investment. If price aggressively happened to be the last option for CG to adopt... cost cutting will be inevitable...

showroom shows top notch door will be used for construction...imagine cost saving by using a cheaper/inferior door that offers reduction of RM 100 per door. Let assume each unit has 4 doors. Let further assume FC just having 10000 units, 4 × 100 × 10,000 = 4,000,000 RM. Please note in the contract agreement, there will alway has a clause mentioned showroom is just for reference and developer has the right to use equivalent materials.

Feom above example, just door alone smelly smelly 4 mils. Do your own math for the rest of the fixtures (taps/handles/windows/floor tiles/paints etc)

If you watch the video as provided earlier, you can pick up tell tale hints how CG operating and how resemble it is to above example.

While we can say its China issue and not related to CG MY.. but I would like to highlight both are from the same group of companies. I WONDERED how much different can both companies operates. Will subsidiary 违抗圣旨?

Since the construction is still in progress and the true will be unvail in no time. Let keep constructive discussion going as we can pick up good learning points here and use those knowledge for other investment. CG/Setia/Iskandar is not the only center of gravity.. there are more opportunity elsewhere..

I think it is important to point out the difference between CG Danga Bay and CG Forest City(Country Garden Pacific View)
CG Danga Bay is a controlled by CG Holdings with some minority Malaysian shareholders endorsed by His Royal Highness whereas Forest City is a 60:40 JV between CG and His Royal Highness. Therefore the question of endorsement does not occur when you have a vested interest in the equity.

It is in the best interest of the project and the State that this project succeed. I suspect there are others who secretly hope this project will fail as well. Nobody like competitors. The Royal family has been in business since past generations and they know how businesses are run. Therefore rest assured it will be well managed at least at the boardroom level.

As for cheapo materials, it reminds me of a property where the brochure mentioned “SureLock” ironmongeries, a famous brand in US. When the actual houses were handed over, my house was given locks that were stamped with “SureLock” letters on the latch plate but it is definitely not originals. I have to get an original Surelock and the installed copycat to show to the developer during a resident meeting. In the end, they changed all the locks plus replaced all the doors. But it took me many painful meeting to get what I paid for.

As for tiles, it is another problem as tiles are often imported on a project basis. And you can never find replacement pieces as these are specific designs. Or if you can find, the color will not be the same as the kiln temperatures are not consistent. It is a accepted market norm to have variations. It is unfortunate not all house owners are knowledgeable and therefore if the developer can get away, they will.

It is even a bigger problem when residents do not want to cooperate fully or talk in one voice. Some would say it is ok for them as their home is ok while others say not. Cos properties are sold on an individual basis and rightfully the contract is between themselves, third parties cannot interfere. And developers know about this. To circumvent all these, residents need to gang up together.

Last edited:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is important to point out the difference between CG Danga Bay and CG Forest City.
CG Danga Bay is a controlled by CG Holdings with some minority Malaysian shareholders endorsed by His Royal Highness whereas Forest City is a 60:40 JV between CG and His Royal Highness. Therefore the question of endorsement does not occur when you have a vested interest in the equity.

It is in the best interest of the project and the State that this project succeed. I suspect there are others who secretly hope this project will fail as well. Nobody like competitors. The Royal family has been in business since past generations and they know how businesses are run. Therefore rest assured it will be well managed at least at the boardroom level.

As for cheapo materials, it reminds me of a property where the brochure mentioned “SureLock” ironmongeries, a famous brand in US. When the actual houses were handed over, my house was given locks that were stamped with “SureLock” letters on the latch plate but it is definitely not originals. I have to get an original Surelock and the installed copycat to show to the developer during a resident meeting. In the end, they changed all the locks plus replaced all the doors. But it took me many painful meeting to get what I paid for.

As for tiles, it is another problem as tiles are often imported on a project basis. And you can never find replacement pieces as these are specific designs. Or if you can find, the color will not be the same as the kiln temperatures are not consistent. It is a accepted market norm to have variations. It is unfortunate not all house owners are knowledgeable and therefore if the developer can get away, they will.

It is even a bigger problem when residents do not want to cooperate fully or talk in one voice. Some would say it is ok for them as their home is ok while others say not. Cos properties are sold on an individual basis and rightfully the contract is between themselves, third parties cannot interfere. And developers know about this. To circumvent all these, residents need to gang up together.

Based on my limited information.. do you think the high mortal need to come out money for investment? Industry norm to run business. i help you.. you help me...am not trying to imply foul play as join venture are private business agreement and it can be construe in any way...Be it 60:40.. 50:50 or what ever... so long dont need invest with own money.. why not...

That bring out the interesting part... assumig the same usual you help me/I help you practice applied... that would push the cost margin even further.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my limited information.. do you think the high mortal need to come out money for investment? Industry norm to run business. i help you.. you help me...am not trying to imply foul play as join venture are private business agreement and it can be construe in any way...Be it 60:40.. 50:50 or what ever... so long dont need invest with own money.. why not...

That bring out the interesting part... assumig the same usual you help me/I help you practice applied... that would push the cost margin even further.

Capital need not come in form of liquid money. It can come inform of "in lieu of money". Seabed, reclaimed land, territorial rights, etc are all forms of "in lieu of money". All businesses is based on mutual benefit. If one takes all and the other has none, then there would no business. No one work for free. There's no shame in it. If one can make more money, then what is the problem? As long as it deliver to acceptable standards to the satisfaction of its customers, that the deal. Let's not walk on high moral grounds. In the real world of business, it does not apply.

I had multi million JVs using know how as capital. No monetary inputs from me. Technology is also a form of money. And everyone is happy with it.

So what if it is you help me, I help you? This is the real world. :smile:

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is important to point out the difference between CG Danga Bay and CG Forest City(Country Garden Pacific View)

You are correct 1000%. i cannot imagine some dudes here even try to compare CG in JB and Taiwan buildings !! Totally irrelevant and absurd.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Capital need not come in form of liquid money. It can come inform of "in lieu of money". Seabed, reclaimed land, territorial rights, etc are all forms of "in lieu of money". All businesses is based on mutual benefit. If one takes all and the other has none, then there would no business. No one work for free. There's no shame in it. If one can make more money, then what is the problem? As long as it deliver to acceptable standards to the satisfaction of its customers, that the deal. Let's not walk on high moral grounds. In the real world of business, it does not apply.

I had multi million JVs using know how as capital. No monetary inputs from me. Technology is also a form of money. And everyone is happy with it.

So what if it is you help me, I help you? This is the real world. :smile:

Good point....this bring out the point.. since CG has to pay for all investment... how do to save cost?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point....this bring out the point.. since CG has to pay for all investment... how do to save cost?

Btw, don't simply say anything about the royal family. Recently read that some random guy got like 9 months jail for flipping the finger when "his" convoy passed by on the highway. Excessive much?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not understand why you insist that CG save cost. On what basis did you arrive to that conclusion? What modelling are you basing on?

Why must they save cost if they can sell well? Or what is their strategy. Who is their target buyers?

To arrive to this basis as to cut cost and ROI, do you know how much they are spending, how many homes and office towers will be built and what is the selling price? How about retails? Do you know that they are building for 700,000 population? Or do you know they are pouring RM175 billion into this project? People in rural China can be deceived, but remember this is a international project. You do not play around when the GDV is RM450 billion.

I am sorry, but for what I observed, you need to research more. Leave the project to the project team. Have faith.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, don't simply say anything about the royal family. Recently read that some random guy got like 9 months jail for flipping the finger when "his" convoy passed by on the highway. Excessive much?

Not flipping but showing the middle finger.