• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corruption - It is people, not the system make it clean by PM Lee

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't be agree more.

Very simple theory. Corruption exist at all levels and different patterns.

Rich and powerful corrupt big big and legalised pattern. Example, buy condo with special discounts lor.
Poor and peasant level corrupt small small and needless to say, illegal pattern.

Fucking stupid! The more rich ones get, the more corrupted. Making more money is very very addictive. Especially when can use money to buy power.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple theory. Corruption exist at all levels and different patterns.

Rich and powerful corrupt big big and legalised pattern. Example, buy condo with special discounts lor.
Poor and peasant level corrupt small small and needless to say, illegal pattern.

Fucking stupid! The more rich ones get, the more corrupted. Making more money is very very addictive. Especially when can use money to buy power.

So when get caught; u hv to swallow poison pills.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
smike and mirrors

create that and even when the evidence is there of your one's MIS DEEDS, becuase u are on the team,
all will buat bodoh,

the people KNOW but does it matter one FOOking bit? someone else will be a scapegoat

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
History has shown that all the corrupt acts have been committed by ordinary sinkies who became too greedy. The elite aren't interested in money. Their focus is on doing a good job in running the country.

It is HUMAN NATURE that we are greedy..what the heck are you talking about? you give me a million, I want another million & another ( I would)..it is by education & moral values that my WANT that "another million" prevents me from being greedy. It has nothing to do with normal, whether you are educated or not... etc...THEY are responsible for creating a system that is robbed of MORAL VALUES....it is the system that bred such people, that bred such values..that created CORRUPTION due to greed.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In first world democracy, the emphasis is on the system, not the people. You could put clowns in power but the system will mitigate the adverse impact of the having clowns in power.

Not the PAP. The system of government in sinkapore is either you have the PAP or a revolution is necessary. We have 4 decades of PAP and the failures of the PAP system is apparent and will only get worse. It is time to opt for the latter.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is HUMAN NATURE that we are greedy..what the heck are you talking about? you give me a million, I want another million & another ( I would)..it is by education & moral values that my WANT that "another million" prevents me from being greedy. It has nothing to do with normal, whether you are educated or not... etc...THEY are responsible for creating a system that is robbed of MORAL VALUES....it is the system that bred such people, that bred such values..that created CORRUPTION due to greed.

Since day 1 they invented the system paying themselves millions dollars, their moral leadership has been gone.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said! GREED is the word! Can be GREED for Money or GREED for POWER, or BOTH.

And yes, the system sinking land had, create the perfect environment for GREED accumulation.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said! GREED is the word! Can be GREED for Money or GREED for POWER, or BOTH.

And yes, the system sinking land had, create the perfect environment for GREED accumulation.

We are all naturally greedy, if my supplier etc..the sex lady with the big "ommp" wants to give an iPad for the orders of 500 realms of A4 8gsm for the photocopy machine....& make it order from her only....would you "take" or are you corrupted in accepting that gift?? or when orders become a division wide or even company or companies wide approval from same sexy one with the big "oomp"..trough you...would you accept meals that come, say together with "yum, yum" with no SEX PLEASE, we are SINgapreans....where would you draw the line & strength?

Many would have taken that iPad....unless you are straight-laced or that morally upright...GREED would have driven you, beyond those meals..... that is why the older guards that brought this country, nation or state to Independence & beyond before handling over to that "mee siam mai hum"....are ROCK of great Moral values....where they look not on what they receive to serve... but those today, look to what they receive , THEN SERVE & LACK MORAL FIBER..chances are very great, in going beyond receiving that "ipad"...( they created the system to breed such people).

basically..we all are GREEDY!:p

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are only 2 things that make men fight: sex and money.

Want more become greedy.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In first world democracy, the emphasis is on the system, not the people. You could put clowns in power but the system will mitigate the adverse impact of the having clowns in power.

Any system is only as good as the integrity of the people to make it work.

The best example is the system of "democracy". It's all very well to say that the powers of the executive, the legislature and the judiciary have to be kept separate but unless those that head each branch sign up to the principles of a democracy and are honest and upright, the system can easily be abused.

For example, if someone who wins an election and becomes PM can then install a good friend of his as Chief Justice, we all know what can happen next. :wink: