• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNA Poll - 88% Not Interested in YOG

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The numbers for the YOG poll seem to have stabilised. A summary of the results are:

Will buy tickets and watch live 3%
Will watch on TV 4%
Not interested 90%
Not aware of what YOG is 3%

These numbers appear quite credible if you superimpose this against the proportion of people who would participate/attend one of those CC/grassroots events.

The proportion usually ranges from between 5% to 10%. Most of the time, you see the same old faces attending multiple events. The vast majority of residents are either not interested or not aware events the grassroots organisations are organising.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
No my mat boss is interested what. Keep telling us to take our precious leave to join him in the YOG opening and attend some of the events that his son is in.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No my mat boss is interested what. Keep telling us to take our precious leave to join him in the YOG opening and attend some of the events that his son is in.
he wanna show off la ... his son taking part wat! ...

he so gungho ... wait u all attend 2 c his son cum up 1st ... :eek:

from ze bottom ... :o

Taishi Ci

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn another POSITIVE YOG news on TNP

Knn another POSITIVE YOG news on TNP. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

She can't wait to carry the flame
By Kenneth Goh
July 30, 2010

WHEN she was just a baby, her unusual medical condition touched the hearts of a nation.

Known as Baby Poh Peng, she was born with a rare skin disease which causes her skin to flake off. She was given only two months to live.

Now 19, Miss Ng Poh Peng has not only beaten the odds, but will soon do the nation proud as a Youth Olympic Games (YOG) torchbearer.

Next month, the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) College East student will be among 2,400 Singaporeans taking turns to carry the torch when it arrives here on Aug 5.

Miss Ng said: "I may be different, but this does not stop me from leading a happy life."

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

with his son in the events he obviously will be attending it. It's just a parent attending his son's concert or play etc.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
with his son in the events he obviously will be attending it. It's just a parent attending his son's concert or play etc.

Maybe he was forced to buy the tickets that his son is participating in ? If not, his son will be dropped from the YOG, so LL must buy those tickets.

Being the lone sucker is no fun, so he is trying to get others to join him.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere in TR that they are offering some kind of package deal where you pay $1 for a YOG ticket. They will then throw in some kind of free Macdonald's meal coupon worth about $5. Is this true? If it is, can you please direct me to the site. I don't mind buying 20 to 30 tickets. Can always buang the YOG tickets and use the coupons to makan at Mac's.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he was forced to buy the tickets that his son is participating in ? If not, his son will be dropped from the YOG, so LL must buy those tickets.

Being the lone sucker is no fun, so he is trying to get others to join him.

wow if a parent has to be forced to attend something his son is taking part in and not even want to see his son compete then it sucks.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read somewhere in TR that they are offering some kind of package deal where you pay $1 for a YOG ticket. They will then throw in some kind of free Macdonald's meal coupon worth about $5. Is this true? If it is, can you please direct me to the site. I don't mind buying 20 to 30 tickets. Can always buang the YOG tickets and use the coupons to makan at Mac's.

<TABLE style="PADDING-TOP: 14px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=textblack18px bgColor=#ffffff>Get your YOG tickets today
30 Mar 2010

By Lukas Neo

</TD><TD class=textblack12px vAlign=top width="20%" align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- content -->

It was announced on Monday that tickets to the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games are now officially on the market.

Most of you guys probably have been dying to get your hands on some of these game passes. With a packed competition schedule from 12 to 26 August, you'll be treated to 2 weeks of excitement and nationwide celebration.

320, 000 tickets that will be going on sale today and we're pretty sure that tickets to 'hot' events like swimming and athletics will be flying off the shelves pretty quickly.

For those of you thinking that the ticket pricing is a tad expensive, it's going to be worth it witnessing international sporting talent in action. Don't stinge if you want to support and be part of this historic sporting event.

Tickets are priced at S$10 for Preliminaries, S$15 for Quarter and Semi Finals and S$30 for Finals. There are no concessions or season passes.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
u wanna eat so much junk food? ... :confused:

For those of us blessed with enought money to do whatever we want, a $5 meal at Mac's means very little. It however means a lot to less fortunate kids who live in those rental HDB flats that Millionare Minister Mah is itching to demolish/rent to foreigners.

If I can get a large number of coupons, I am thinking of bringing some of these kids to Macs for a meal. I wouldn't want them to waste their time watching that lame YOG so I will probably do it on an EPL night when there are two good teams playing.

Bonus is that the ST can brag that all the tickets are sold out and no 1 shows up to watch whatever silly competition is playing.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I can get a large number of coupons, I am thinking of bringing some of these kids to Macs for a meal. I wouldn't want them to waste their time watching that lame YOG so I will probably do it on an EPL night when there are two good teams playing.

Johnny would frown on feeding kids with junk foods...:mad:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Knn another POSITIVE YOG news on TNP

Knn another POSITIVE YOG news on TNP. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

She can't wait to carry the flame
By Kenneth Goh
July 30, 2010

WHEN she was just a baby, her unusual medical condition touched the hearts of a nation.

Known as Baby Poh Peng, she was born with a rare skin disease which causes her skin to flake off. She was given only two months to live.

Now 19, Miss Ng Poh Peng has not only beaten the odds, but will soon do the nation proud as a Youth Olympic Games (YOG) torchbearer.

Next month, the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) College East student will be among 2,400 Singaporeans taking turns to carry the torch when it arrives here on Aug 5.

Miss Ng said: "I may be different, but this does not stop me from leading a happy life."

You know what ? Was told by a small highly credible and reliable birdie that the orgainser even has problem getting the planned 2400 touch-relay runners for the 6 or 7 days of touch carrying through the various estates. Most will be students either nominated by schools or from the open public application.

They had resorted to 'arrowing' civil serpents to be part of the relay. So many lanlan had to go for mass briefing this morning.

I will leave the status of ticket sales to-date to your imagination.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Knn another POSITIVE YOG news on TNP

I think full-house. MCYS will fill it up by hook or by crook.

Haha. Clever you.

No subordinate will ever let his boss loose face by having an empty stadium while gamnes were played. Surely they will instruct all the lesser mortal staff to go attend the event. At least show some bodies even though all asleep. Then give a day-off for those who'd suffered for it as compensation.

End of day, boss looked good after a 'resounding success', all get day off and pay raise. Everybody wins :cool:.