• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cleaners will still have jobs

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Ikea cafe and see for yourself. I would say in term of business they are the best. 50 per cent will clear their tables. Do you have space for the equipments. I don't think it is responsiblities of the customers but awareness on their part, provided your foodcourts are of good standard and your workers must be in uniforms, better still with PRC mei mei. Cut those crabs of using aunties and retirees ( I don't mean to sound bad). It is about you and your stall holders have to survive.

I agree. The aunties and retirees are lousy workers and give a "grey" image to 2 of my aircon foodcourts, the other one no air-con. Majority of my staff are from PRC anyway!!

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. The aunties and retirees are lousy workers and give a "grey" image to 2 of my aircon foodcourts, the other one no air-con. Majority of my staff are from PRC anyway!!

Even lower end jobs are being lost to FTs...how many aunties/retirees will revert to collecting cans?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to customers, if it's like Ikea or the European eateries, the signs are there to advise customers to return their trays. It's more the modus operandi of the eatery or foodcourt. If I enter an establishment which clearly spells out that's their policy, I'll abide. Otherwise, like restaurants, I assume it's not required, and that they have staff to handle that task. Signs and collection points are a good start to let customers know what's expected of them. Up to now, which foodcourt or hawker centre prominently display any sign to tell customers that?
Ya , but for food court , every square inch of space is squeeze to maximise profit, enbale more store to set up and more sitting place . Where got the extra space to place signs and collection point all over the food court ?

if you want customer to return trays , please set up more collection points and signage so that we can follow.

As for IKEA at Tampines , selling of food is just not core of their operation. But they are doing good business, to complment the core business. They are doing a roaring food business on their. The whole fraking food court is theirs. It so huge and they can afford to place huge collection station , which is visible enough.

Local Food court to follow this concept , i think they must sell their laksa for $8 per bowl ! There again , who will eat a bowl of LAKSA for $8 ???????

If food court owners think that the trade off is too big , you can revert to the old MODUS operandius !

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come no one questions why are our frail and vulnerable elderly unable to retire and forced to clear our tables and clean toilets???

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come no one questions why are our frail and vulnerable elderly unable to retire and forced to clear our tables and clean toilets???
it already been answered ! PAP expect you to live till 85. No way, you are going to stop work at 60 yr old !

Remember , they want SIngapore to be like NEW YORK , a cosmopolitian. But think again, they want people to treat singapore as their home.But yet want singapore to be like NEW YORK

Can i ask ? How many people can afford to retire in NEW YORK , without moving to suburb ?

Alfrescian
Loyal

Go ask the Gahmen. Its their faults making Singapore a world class city in quick time. The poor and the unlucky ones cannot catch up. They hoping that you live longer and squeeze all the blood till you drop dead at 85. One day it will be our turn.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even lower end jobs are being lost to FTs...how many aunties/retirees will revert to collecting cans?

It already happened. Every weekend I would see my F/T PRC garung guni man making his presence felt by the familiar sound that he always made at my void deck.