• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

City of trash or talents?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]http://therealsingapore.com/content/city-trash-or-talents

CITY OF TRASH OR TALENTS?[/h]
Post date:
1 May 2015 - 8:01pm

[Pic Credit: Telegraph.co.uk]

The marketing messages from govt is that Singapore will be a global city where talents converge. Now we have 5.5 million and going to 7 million, we have almost 2 million of foreigners. But where are these talents from? Are they from Silicon Valley or top nations? Are these talents headhunted and invited to come and help Singapore move forward to be the global city that our govt wanted this island to be?

1. We need foreign talentsOn the streets, in the malls, on the trains, all I hear are strange languages from Hindi, Philippines, Vietnamese, PRC-Mandarin, Indonesian and other strange languages. English, the official and first language, is now seldom heard. Are these the supposedly the new languages of the global city we have planned? We understand from NTUC that locals don’t possess good skills and foreign talents are helping to plug the gap. These talents if I am not wrong are mostly from third world nations, not so well known universities or colleges, and yet they are supposedly to have better skills than locals? Remember, the marketing campaign:

2. We need to support our ageing population

And looking at the profile of the imported foreigners to support our ageing population, most of these imports are not young anyway, so their argument does not hold water.

The govt spends over $500 million every year to fund foreigners from these third world countries to study locally. And most of these students cannot even get B average. But these foreigners are invited to become PRs and new citizenships as fast as in a game of musical chairs. And many are given good jobs in GLCs and government agencies. Many of them are also given middle and senior management jobs, just like Ms Nisha at IDA. She was found to have a fake MBA but yet looking at her poor work experience, she was actually given a senior job at IDA.

Have you thought what is their strategy? My suspicion is the govt plans to have a new middle “loyal” class to join up with their diehard core so that they always have an edge at the polls. In addition, the govt is asking locals not to study for degrees, etc but don’t you find it strange that they could spend $500 million to help foreigners to get degrees, etc? In short, they want this new middle class to manage locals, and locals to be demoted to a lower class. This is why a lot of GLCs are now headed by foreigners who coincidentally also become new citizens.

And of course, now the foreigners are audacious, they challenge locals openly and online and the new converts are also loud. They seem to know our govt better than locals and letting us know how ungrateful and unappreciative we are. In the meantime, they are given priorities for jobs, HDB, etc over locals.

So let me now ask you if Singapore is a city of talents, why is productivity so low??? If we have amassed all sorts of talents, then for this productivity part, we must be better than Japan or Norway?

So if you remember Anton Casey’s son’s infamous question, “Dad, who are these people?” You let me know if we are a city of trash or talents?

City of Trash or Talents?

Sharkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
A programmer job in back office is "senior"? Yes if you compare with the janitor. This guy another loser. Mixed up people brought in to fill jobs locals don't want to do with FT brought in for new talent.

May be his wife ran off w angmo so he think only they are superior rest all trash. I bet he wouldn't bitch if trains full of people speaking Norwegian and french! He'd assume they are real talent though most may be welfare cheats.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg is a city of trash that requires foreign talents to clean up the mess from dawn to dusk.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah... these FTs does such a farked up jobs, we have to deploy old folks to help them clean up all the bulky cardboards newspapers and used cans.

these old folks have ocd issues. they are obsessive and compulsive in collecting garbage. foreign talent cleaners cannot do anything about them interfering in their duties and jobs. if you are in their way, they will run over you with their carts. they are mostly of southern chinese stock with inherited mental disorders, and they are everywhere in the world including the bay area, hk, and sg. i encounter 3 of them going through trash bins and recycling bins in my neighborhood every weekend. here's one in sg (top) and another in hk (bottom).

image.jpg

image.jpg

elderly asian man held in oakland for "stealing" recyclables....

http://sfist.com/2013/11/14/elderly_oakland_man_who_spoke_no_en.php

Last edited:

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]http://therealsingapore.com/content/city-trash-or-talents

CITY OF TRASH OR TALENTS?[/h]
Post date:
1 May 2015 - 8:01pm

[Pic Credit: Telegraph.co.uk]

The marketing messages from govt is that Singapore will be a global city where talents converge. Now we have 5.5 million and going to 7 million, we have almost 2 million of foreigners. But where are these talents from? Are they from Silicon Valley or top nations? Are these talents headhunted and invited to come and help Singapore move forward to be the global city that our govt wanted this island to be?

1. We need foreign talentsOn the streets, in the malls, on the trains, all I hear are strange languages from Hindi, Philippines, Vietnamese, PRC-Mandarin, Indonesian and other strange languages. English, the official and first language, is now seldom heard. Are these the supposedly the new languages of the global city we have planned? We understand from NTUC that locals don’t possess good skills and foreign talents are helping to plug the gap. These talents if I am not wrong are mostly from third world nations, not so well known universities or colleges, and yet they are supposedly to have better skills than locals? Remember, the marketing campaign:

2. We need to support our ageing population

And looking at the profile of the imported foreigners to support our ageing population, most of these imports are not young anyway, so their argument does not hold water.

The govt spends over $500 million every year to fund foreigners from these third world countries to study locally. And most of these students cannot even get B average. But these foreigners are invited to become PRs and new citizenships as fast as in a game of musical chairs. And many are given good jobs in GLCs and government agencies. Many of them are also given middle and senior management jobs, just like Ms Nisha at IDA. She was found to have a fake MBA but yet looking at her poor work experience, she was actually given a senior job at IDA.

Have you thought what is their strategy? My suspicion is the govt plans to have a new middle “loyal” class to join up with their diehard core so that they always have an edge at the polls. In addition, the govt is asking locals not to study for degrees, etc but don’t you find it strange that they could spend $500 million to help foreigners to get degrees, etc? In short, they want this new middle class to manage locals, and locals to be demoted to a lower class. This is why a lot of GLCs are now headed by foreigners who coincidentally also become new citizens.

And of course, now the foreigners are audacious, they challenge locals openly and online and the new converts are also loud. They seem to know our govt better than locals and letting us know how ungrateful and unappreciative we are. In the meantime, they are given priorities for jobs, HDB, etc over locals.

So let me now ask you if Singapore is a city of talents, why is productivity so low??? If we have amassed all sorts of talents, then for this productivity part, we must be better than Japan or Norway?

So if you remember Anton Casey’s son’s infamous question, “Dad, who are these people?” You let me know if we are a city of trash or talents?

City of Trash or Talents?

Govt show by way of example that one ministry needs 3 ministers to run it.. reminds of of ah neh construction labourers - 4 supervising 1 worker. F Trashe PMEs are found in abundance maligering in malls shopping and smoking by the roadside during office hours. Dun believe me, take a drive down to Changi Biz Hub (aka Chennai Biz Hub) and if you can't find any come claim your reward from me!

If govt is truely clueless abt poor productivity, they dun deserve to be the govt of the day. VTO

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Govt show by way of example that one ministry needs 3 ministers to run it.. reminds of of ah neh construction labourers - 4 supervising 1 worker. F Trashe PMEs are found in abundance maligering in malls shopping and smoking by the roadside during office hours. Dun believe me, take a drive down to Changi Biz Hub (aka Chennai Biz Hub) and if you can't find any come claim your reward from me!

If govt is truely clueless abt poor productivity, they dun deserve to be the govt of the day. VTO

Another reminder of the uniquely Singapore 'tripartism' take on productivity. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;dG6-m90Wyos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG6-m90Wyos[/video]

Instead of thinking of ways to enhance Sinkies' quality of life (not necessarily in a monetary sense), what the pseudo-union NTUC is telling Sinkies is like a slave owner telling his black slaves to go pick more cotton in the farm i.e. "BE MORE PRODUCTIVE!" :rolleyes: