• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church restores convicted catholic priest. Sainthood next?

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Church lifts sanctions on Joachim Kang
Posted: 18 May 2009 0906 hrs

Full article linked from here.

SINGAPORE: His redemption is now complete. After his release from jail last year, and the end of his home detention scheme last month, Father Joachim Kang now has been restored fully to his duties as a priest.

Redemption is now complete? What utter rubbish. Where's the self-flagellation and the tearing of robes?

The decision had been made last week by the head of the Catholic Church in Singapore, Archbishop Nicholas Chia, and revealed to churchgoers on Sunday in the church's fortnightly newsletter, Catholic News.

Anyone got the content of that article in "Catholic News"?

It carried a statement by the Archbishop to say that Father Kang would be offered a "meaningful ministry" so that his talents could be "used for the good of the Church".

Must be the Ministry of Finance or Evangelism, given that his talent is swindling.

Father Kang had been convicted in 2004 for embezzling S$5.1 million from St Teresa's Church in Kampong Bahru. Last year, he was put on a home detention scheme, during which time he found work with the law firm of Colin Ng and Partners.

Anyone wants to hazard a guess as to whether the law firm is linked to the Church?

With the lifting of sanctions imposed by the Church, he will now be able to offer public masses, preach and "fulfil the other sacred functions of the priesthood", said Archbishop Chia.

You mean sacred functions like the finding out ways to swindle money from the flock again?

"He has done time under the law and I'm most happy to welcome him home to the Catholic community. As Archbishop and shepherd, I rejoice with him and his family. With the love and support of the church community, I hope that he will embrace the future with confidence," said the Archbishop.

Who won't embrace the future with confidence knowing he has a Get-Out-Of-Jail card all the time, plus divine backing!

For now, Father Kang has been granted home leave to spend time with his family, especially his aged father.

He should take a page from Pastor Joseph Prince's and our government's training manual on swindling - why embezzle when you can just give yourself a huge, fat salary?

- TODAY/so

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. He did not plead guilty but fought the case
2. He never admitted to anything
3. The restitution was pittance

Do correct me if I got any of the above wrong.

Church lifts sanctions on Joachim Kang
Posted: 18 May 2009 0906 hrs

Full article linked from here.

SINGAPORE: His redemption is now complete. After his release from jail last year, and the end of his home detention scheme last month, Father Joachim Kang now has been restored fully to his duties as a priest.

Redemption is now complete? What utter rubbish. Where's the self-flagellation and the tearing of robes?

The decision had been made last week by the head of the Catholic Church in Singapore, Archbishop Nicholas Chia, and revealed to churchgoers on Sunday in the church's fortnightly newsletter, Catholic News.

Anyone got the content of that article in "Catholic News"?

It carried a statement by the Archbishop to say that Father Kang would be offered a "meaningful ministry" so that his talents could be "used for the good of the Church".

Must be the Ministry of Finance or Evangelism, given that his talent is swindling.

Father Kang had been convicted in 2004 for embezzling S$5.1 million from St Teresa's Church in Kampong Bahru. Last year, he was put on a home detention scheme, during which time he found work with the law firm of Colin Ng and Partners.

Anyone wants to hazard a guess as to whether the law firm is linked to the Church?

With the lifting of sanctions imposed by the Church, he will now be able to offer public masses, preach and "fulfil the other sacred functions of the priesthood", said Archbishop Chia.

You mean sacred functions like the finding out ways to swindle money from the flock again?

"He has done time under the law and I'm most happy to welcome him home to the Catholic community. As Archbishop and shepherd, I rejoice with him and his family. With the love and support of the church community, I hope that he will embrace the future with confidence," said the Archbishop.

Who won't embrace the future with confidence knowing he has a Get-Out-Of-Jail card all the time, plus divine backing!

For now, Father Kang has been granted home leave to spend time with his family, especially his aged father.

He should take a page from Pastor Joseph Prince's and our government's training manual on swindling - why embezzle when you can just give yourself a huge, fat salary?

- TODAY/so

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He took the money and he was still conducting mass. What do you think the money was for. He refused to reveal in court, or account for it except for a condo or two, travel (not to the holy land). There was also the god "daughter". There was no indication of a gambling or drug habit. I doubt he revered the smell of money.

"Sex and lifestyle," what?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing tops Ho Chin's May day award....

after losing 280 billions of our taxpayers monies!

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think FK used the ill-gotten money for a good deed, like helping his church people and save the world or something.

FK is a man of God. Rumoured that he was well treated and respected in jail.

By helping people he need worldly resources, $ and in the process also took care of himself with some extras so he got Changi-ed for that.

I believe the Catholic Church reinstated FK for the better things he has done, very forgiving and compassionate.

Just don't give him money (and sex) to tempt him.

He took the money and he was still conducting mass. What do you think the money was for. He refused to reveal in court, or account for it except for a condo or two, travel (not to the holy land). There was also the god "daughter". There was no indication of a gambling or drug habit. I doubt he revered the smell of money.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately or fortunately he could not account for the money. Thats the reason why he was jailed for 4 years. If he had used the money to help others no report would have been lodged. Even if report had been lodged, no jail sentence would have been imposed.

Lets be honest here. There are lots of convicted criminals that are nice guys and believe in god.

I think FK used the ill-gotten money for a good deed, like helping his church people and save the world or something.

FK is a man of God. Rumoured that he was well treated and respected in jail.

By helping people he need worldly resources, $ and in the process also took care of himself with some extras so he got Changi-ed for that.

I believe the Catholic Church reinstated FK for the better things he has done, very forgiving and compassionate.

Just don't give him money (and sex) to tempt him.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh that esteemed octogenarian who has ACS standard English? "You have very good handwriting", "my friendship with her was not of a glandular nature", "it's not about the rise and fall of oestrogen levels".

We wonder how much toilet water he scooped up to drink during his deserved imprisonment.

Where's the holy laughter to celebrate his restoration and reinstatement now?