• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christianity deception, false prophecies about the Armageddon

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isnt the 25th Dec the day of Mithras? The early Christians replace the 25th Dec with Jesus birthday..it was also about the Winter Solstice as a symbol of hope in the darkest day of Winter..I do not see it as issue,,Jesus wont mind it too,,,Dec 25 is selected and its now accepted,,so be it,,,for non believers its a holiday for them too,,I doubt they will complain..

There are about 90 days in winter season, why 25 Dec was selected and who selected it? Do you research before replying. I can give hint if you need help :wink:

revch17a.jpg

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isnt the 25th Dec the day of Mithras? The early Christians replace the 25th Dec with Jesus birthday..it was also about the Winter Solstice as a symbol of hope in the darkest day of Winter..I do not see it as issue,,Jesus wont mind it too,,,Dec 25 is selected and its now accepted,,so be it,,,for non believers its a holiday for them too,,I doubt they will complain..

Bingo! You are right man. :wink:

In Roman times, it became the celebrations honouring Saturnus (the harvest god) and Mithras (the ancient god of light), a form of sun worship that had come to Rome from Syria a century before with the cult of Sol Invictus. It announced that winter is not forever, that life continues, and an invitation to stay in good spirit.

The last day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere occurs between the 20th and 22 December. The Roman celebrated Saturnalia between 17 and 24 December.

In the year 274AD, solstice fell on 25th December. Roman Emperor Aurelian proclaimed the date as "Natalis Solis Invicti," the festival of the birth of the invincible sun. In 320 AD, Pope Julius I specified the 25th of December as the official date of the birth of Jesus Christ.

The version given by Frodo was not historical and just a BIG fabrication out of his imagination. There was never christian leaders coming together to decide a date. He is liar. Don't understand why he has to cook up lies to support his delusions in a TCSS forum. The information given here is all 'cut and paste' to ensure I present the facts and I don't fabricate anything.

Jesus birthday is between March -April according to the clue in the bible and also read this thread: http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Discussions-about-Religion

Am I absmally ignorant according to Frado? Or, Frado really that knowledgeable or just a shameless lying christian?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dom Benedict Heron OSB, who is now 83 years old, has been involved in the Charismatic Renewal since the early days in the Catholic Church. He has come back round to share the belief of the Pentecostals that Jesus is coming back fairly soon.

<tbody>
</tbody>
Many Christians repeat every Sunday the Creed "He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end." How often do we actually reflect on what we say we believe in? The habit of repetition can dull our minds to what we are saying. If we are orthodox Christians, we believe that the Second Coming of Jesus, the parousia, will bring to an end this dispensation of human existence, and will be followed by divine judgement and eternal life.
Whereas the New Testament Christians were looking forward to the Second Coming and indeed praying for it: "Amen, Come Lord Jesus!" (Rev 22.20), many Christians today seem to hope very much that it will not happen in their lifetime or at least not until they have had more time to do this or that and enjoy life for some more years. Indeed I can understand that a little. After having worked hard on my first book for some years, I asked myself whether I would have rejoiced if the Lord returned the day before it was due to be published. Part of me would have felt like saying, "Lord please wait until my book has been published for at least a short time!" Of course such thoughts would show a profound lack of faith and understanding. When Jesus returns God's plan for creation will be wonderfully fulfilled in every way and nothing more perfect could be imagined.
"Are we ready to die or ready for the Second Coming?
It is good to think about these things however. Are we ready to die or ready for the Second Coming? If we do not feel ready this can act as a spur to help us get ready without delay. At different times over the centuries Christians have felt that the Second Coming of Jesus was imminent or would be soon. St Paul seems to have thought that when he wrote his letters to the Thessalonians. Pope Gregory the Great (cAD 540-604) thought that the Lord was about to return because the situation in the Roman world of his time had become so disastrous with the barbarian armies overrunning Italy plundering wherever they went.
When the year AD 1000 arrived quite a few Christians expected the parousia because of the references to one thousand years in Revelations 20. Likewise in the 14th century when the Black Death killed as many as two thirds of the population in some areas of Europe the belief that Jesus was about to return was not uncommon.
In our own times there are millions of Christians, particularly among the Pentecostal Churches, who are convinced that Jesus will return soon. What is meant by "soon" varies. Some people expect Jesus to return any day now, others would be more flexible. However, they would all say that we are living in the "end times" and by that they do not mean the whole period between the first and second comings of Jesus, but something relatively soon.
"God will not allow anything to happen that would distroy His plan"
For many years I rejected this view but I have now changed my mind. I am not a scientific expert, but when one looks at the threatening crises in several areas of life there seems humanly speaking no way out. The dangers of nuclear disasters, of biological warfare, of chemical warfare, of terrorism, of genetic developments, and of the destruction of the environment humanly speaking threaten the existence of human life on earth as never before. It is not I think that humanity is more wicked or fanatical than it was in the past. But the development of science has enabled these men to do so many more harmful things than in the past. If I were a humanist I would think that this human experiment on earth was coming to an end. As it is, however, I believe as a Christian that God is working his purposes out, that He has the whole situation under control, that He will not allow anything to happen that would destroy His plans for humanity and despite the attacks of the devil, that we are moving towards the New Jerusalem.
So I look to the Bible and Christian tradition to know what to expect. In St Matthew's gospel Jesus tells us that "About that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Matt 24.36) But he also says in the same chapter "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also when you see all these things, you know that he is near at the very gates" (Matt 24:32) This would suggest that the signs mentioned in Matthew 24 and the parallel passages in the gospels of Mark and Luke may be able to tell us something about the Second Coming of Jesus and its timing.
"Christians hold different views about the Second Coming"
Christians hold different views about the Second Coming. Some like Pentecostal leader Morris Cerullo, expects in his own lifetime to be caught up in the rapture in accordance with 1 Thessalonians 4.13-18. Many Pentecostals agree with this and many Pentecostals and others believe that Jesus will return soon and reign for a thousand years from Jerusalem in a very literal way. Catholics theologians since the time of St Augustine (354-430) usually think that the millennium mentioned in Revelations 20, however, started with the early Church and will end with the Second Coming of Jesus, whenever that happens. So for them the number 1000 is not to be taken literally. Many Liberal Christians sometimes take this one step further and tend to believe the Second Coming is just symbolic and largely irrelevant for their lives - it will never happen.
"What the Catholic Church teaches"
The official teaching of the Catholic Church on the end times and the Second Coming of Jesus is found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraphs 673-677. This is very illuminative and is worth study.
Several things are mentioned in this:
1) That although we don't know when, it will happen!
2) That the Second Coming will be delayed until the recognition of Jesus as the Messiah by the Jewish people.
3) That before Christ's Second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers (cf Luke 18.8 Matt 24.12) and that there will be some kind of religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth.
4) The emergence of the Anti-Christ - a pesudo-messianism - by which man glorfies himself in place of God and his messiah come in the flesh, seeks to bring about the kingdom himself.
5) The final triumph of God who will himself defeat the final unleashing of evil and bring to an end this passing world for the New Jerusalem.
"We do not know the hour or the day of Jesus' return"
Thus in a nutshell the Catholic Church teaches that there will be a Second Coming of Jesus, bringing to an end the present dispensation of human existence; that we do not know the hour or the day of Jesus' return; that the Jews will recognise Jesus before he returns; that before Jesus returns the Church will have to pass through a very difficult time which will be linked to the coming of the Antichrist; that the Church does not believe in mileniarism, (that is to say that there will be a special 1000 years of blessings on earth before the return of Jesus) that God's final triumph will be at the Second Coming of Jesus, and the Last Judgement and the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world.
Apart from the political and social situation of the world which I mentioned earlier, for me one of the pointers towards the imminence of the Second Coming of Jesus, and in connection with it the conversionof Israel and the phenomena of Messianic Judaism is the extraordinary spiritual vitality of the Pentecostals/Charismatic Christians who hold this view. Their rise from nothing to 500 million in only a hundred years or so is quite unique in Christian history. Is part of the reason for this incredibly rapid progress due to the fact that they have discerned better than other Christian groups the signs of the times concerning the Second Coming?
"May the binding promise of the Lord Jesus be fulfilled"
When the Pope recently visited the Shrine of the Divine Mercy in Poland a couple of years ago on 17th August 2002 he concluded his talk by quoting from St Faustina's diary "May the binding promise of the Lord Jesus be fulfilled : From here there must go forth "the spark which will prepare the world for his final coming" (cf Diary 1732) . Perhaps he too is wanting Catholics to think about the Second Coming more. Even if I am wrong, and the Second Coming will not be soon, it will do us no harm at all to think of these things more, to desire them and pray for them, as it will give us a better perspective on our life in this world and enable us to keep our priorities right.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Wahahahahaha....You are fucking delusional, a protestant will slap your face for saying bible doesn't predict tthe Armageddon. :wink:

Paul’s Predictions

13) Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words. Philippians 4:5

14) Paul believes he is living in the “last days.” Hebrews 1:2

15) Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37

16) In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord.” Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of “we” clearly proves as much. It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Roman times, it became the celebrations honouring Saturnus (the harvest god) and Mithras (the ancient god of light), a form of sun worship that had come to Rome from Syria a century before with the cult of Sol Invictus. It announced that winter is not forever, that life continues, and an invitation to stay in good spirit.

The last day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere occurs between the 20th and 22 December. The Roman celebrated Saturnalia between 17 and 24 December.

In the year 274AD, solstice fell on 25th December. Roman Emperor Aurelian proclaimed the date as "Natalis Solis Invicti," the festival of the birth of the invincible sun. In 320 AD, Pope Julius I specified the 25th of December as the official date of the birth of Jesus Christ.

The version given by Frodo was not historical and just a BIG fabrication out of his imagination. There was never christian leaders coming together to decide a date. He is liar. Don't understand why he has to cook up lies to support his delusions in a TCSS forum. The information given here is all 'cut and paste' to ensure I present the facts and I don't fabricate anything.

Jesus birthday is between March -April according to the clue in the bible and also read this thread: http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Discussions-about-Religion

Am I absmally ignorant according to Frado? Or, Frado really that knowledgeable or just a shameless lying christian?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U r right. N the church has never denied it replace a pagan holiday...its a well known fact so i dont see it as being anti christian or whatever...so as i said.u keep harping on the same thing that xmas is not jesus birthday. The church agrees with you n has never denied the fact..so i really dont understand u making noise like an empty vassel.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r right. N the church has never denied it replace a pagan holiday...its a well known fact so i dont see it as being anti christian or whatever...so as i said.u keep harping on the same thing that xmas is not jesus birthday. The church agrees with you n has never denied the fact..so i really dont understand u making noise like an empty vassel.

We need to educate kopisai kopiuncle on the truth of christmas. :wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7

Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.”

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

How you know there was never Christian leaders coming together to decide on the date? Yes, you are still abysmally ignorant so long as you are an atheist. By default atheist is abysmally ignorant.:wink: The fact that Christmas is celebrated on 25 Dec universally means there was a firm decision made to do so, or a consensus to do so, even if these details are lost in history. EVEN IF this date is originally a pagan celebration, so what? There must be a consensus, or decision made, to take over this date to celebrate the Son instead of the sun. Only abysmally ignorant village atheist will say that if cannot give specific details means it never happened at all. Abysmally ignorant village atheist is also abysmally dumb too.:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7

Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.”

Betcha the abysmally ignorant village atheist does not have proper understanding of the above biblical terms and their usage.:rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because that's what empty vessels do, make noise.:rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

That depends on what the question is. But abysmally ignorant village atheists is incompetent in reading Bible, so just say no answers. Millions of people find answers in the Bible, but minority atheists say no answers at all. Abysmally ignorant village atheists also abysmally blind.:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
1914 was one of the more important estimates of the start of the war of Armageddon by the Jehovah’s Witnesses (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society). They computed 1914 from prophecy in the book of Daniel, Chapter 4. The writings referred to “seven times”. The WTS interpreted each “time” as equal to 360 days, giving a total of 2520 days. This was further interpreted as representing 2520 years, measured from the starting date of 607 BCE. This gave 1914 as the target date. When 1914 passed, they changed their prediction; 1914 became the year that Jesus invisibly began his rule.

Since late in the 19th century, they had taught that the “battle of the Great Day of God Almighty” (Armageddon) would happen in 1914 CE. It didn’t. The next major estimate was 1925. Watchtower magazine predicted: “The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914; but it would be presumptuous on the part of any faithful follower of the Lord to assume just what the Lord is going to do during that year.”

The Watchtower Society selected 1975 as its next main prediction. This was based on the estimate “according to reliable Bible chronology Adam was created in the year 4026 BCE, likely in the autumn of the year, at the end of the sixth day of creation.” They believed that the year 1975 a promising date for the end of the world, as it was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam’s creation. Exactly 1,000 years was to pass for each day of the creation week. This prophecy also failed.

Realizing how stupid they were looking every time they made a new failed prediction, they announced that the end of the world would occur 6000 years after the creation of Eve – a date that can not be calculated.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1914 was one of the more important estimates of the start of the war of Armageddon by the Jehovah’s Witnesses (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society). They computed 1914 from prophecy in the book of Daniel, Chapter 4. The writings referred to “seven times”. The WTS interpreted each “time” as equal to 360 days, giving a total of 2520 days. This was further interpreted as representing 2520 years, measured from the starting date of 607 BCE. This gave 1914 as the target date. When 1914 passed, they changed their prediction; 1914 became the year that Jesus invisibly began his rule.

Since late in the 19th century, they had taught that the “battle of the Great Day of God Almighty” (Armageddon) would happen in 1914 CE. It didn’t. The next major estimate was 1925. Watchtower magazine predicted: “The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914; but it would be presumptuous on the part of any faithful follower of the Lord to assume just what the Lord is going to do during that year.”

The Watchtower Society selected 1975 as its next main prediction. This was based on the estimate “according to reliable Bible chronology Adam was created in the year 4026 BCE, likely in the autumn of the year, at the end of the sixth day of creation.” They believed that the year 1975 a promising date for the end of the world, as it was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam’s creation. Exactly 1,000 years was to pass for each day of the creation week. This prophecy also failed.

Realizing how stupid they were looking every time they made a new failed prediction, they announced that the end of the world would occur 6000 years after the creation of Eve – a date that can not be calculated.

Absymally ignorant village atheist thinks that Jehovah Witnesses is true Christianity. Abysmally ignorant village atheist cannot tell counterfeit money from real money because he doesn't know how the real thing looks like.:wink:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
John’s Predictions

8) John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3

9) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20

10) John thinks he is living in “the last times.” He “knows” this because he sees so many antichrists around. 1 John 2:18

You have the habit of quoting Bible verses just to satisfy your 'atheistic' desire. May be the following verse may wake you up ..... hopefully: 2 Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.